Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Wayfarer 1930s half-belt order in

markforce

New in Town
First post here but been lurking for a while. Purchased a black Aero Barnstormer (without the belt, though) two years ago and developed some GAS (may not work for this here but I am also a photo geek -- Leica M anyone?)... so, leather-jacket-acquisition-syndrom, I guess. Anyway, I set my eyes on Aero's new Wayfarer in Tumbled Cordovan, and am about to finalize this with Holly now. Can't wait. May post pictures once I have it if there is any interest. In the meantime... I'd love to see any Wayfarers up here (yes, the jacket), love the Tumbled Cordovan I've seen so far on other styles. Who owns the Wayfarer yet?
Cheers
Mark

Hi! Welcome to TFL. Great place. Wayfarer's a beautiful jacket, one of my fav's from Aero, together with Route 66, Cropduster and August, and I have to warn you that the rules of the forum demand that you must post pictures of it once it arrives! :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Mark, rule #1 for TFL members who open a new thread regarding newly acquired outerwear:

worthlesswithoutpics

Edward

Bartender
I don't think there's been a Wayfarer spotted in the wild, but Sloan's Boardracer is tumbled cordovan horse, and it's a stunning hide.

markforce

New in Town
I don't think there's been a Wayfarer spotted in the wild, but Sloan's Boardracer is tumbled cordovan horse, and it's a stunning hide.

Isn't it?! Funny you should mention Sloan's jacket, I saw the pics and actually went back to reconfirm he'd stated his height and the 38" on that, as that is pretty much my own size as well. The Wayfarer will be 26" long in the back, just perfect (and a tad longer than his). I hope mine will eventually look close if not the same (and why wouldn't it). Now all I've got to look for is a pair of these awesome socks of his before posting any pics!! :cool:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please do post pics when it arrives, I would love to see one being worn and it may help others in the future.

dan_t

Practically Family
Please do Post pics!!!
I've been eyeing the Wayfarer off for a few months now, but really, really want to see one in the flesh so to speak. Particularly the tumbled cordovan option that you mention!!!

pawineguy

One Too Many
Mark,

Congratulations on the order, I think the Wayfarer will look stunning in tumbled horse, perfect fit for that jacket or vice versa. I'm awaiting a cafe racer in tumbled horsehide that I'm dying to see in person.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Isn't it?! Funny you should mention Sloan's jacket, I saw the pics and actually went back to reconfirm he'd stated his height and the 38" on that, as that is pretty much my own size as well. The Wayfarer will be 26" long in the back, just perfect (and a tad longer than his). I hope mine will eventually look close if not the same (and why wouldn't it). Now all I've got to look for is a pair of these awesome socks of his before posting any pics!! :cool:

Oi! I am here, you know!

dan_t

Practically Family
Is there seriously no Wayfarer's amongst all of the members on this forum?
Going back to the OP's original request for pic's, I was also hoping someone else would contribute their own images for all of our benefits!!

Edward

Bartender
Is there seriously no Wayfarer's amongst all of the members on this forum?
Going back to the OP's original request for pic's, I was also hoping someone else would contribute their own images for all of our benefits!!

seems not - unsurprising, though, given that it's still a very new design and there are lead times involved in production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo