Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero website!

Aether

One of the Regulars
Finally Aero have updated their website! Haven't even checked it out yet, thought I'd better post it up for you chaps;)

Navin323i

Practically Family
That's great news! :)

EDIT: The site looks GREAT! However I just read the sad news that the site and new logo is dedicated to the person that designed the site and logo, however that person died in a road crash before the site was finished so sadly he never got to see his finished work. :(

RIP, Pete Fischer.

Aether

One of the Regulars
A few 'new' designs on there too! I like the Daytona, why didn't they have that on there a few weeks ago? Looks like that'll be one for next year:eusa_doh:

Navin323i

Practically Family
Aether said:
A few 'new' designs on there too! I like the Daytona, why didn't they have that on there a few weeks ago? Looks like that'll be one for next year:eusa_doh:

I didn't see the Daytona... what section did you see that design at?

EDIT: Nevermind... just found it under the Motorcycle Jackets section

Aether

One of the Regulars
In the Motorcycle jacket section, lots of goodness there. The Buco style jackets are lovely, I may have to go for a 'Type J106'...

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Great website changes! Makes me want to order from them soon. I didn't end up getting a jacket from them; I mean, I chickened out due to the wait times and prices, but next time maybe it will be worth it.

Metatron

One Too Many
Much easier to navigate the new site. Some interesting new jackets, including a Luftwaffe one! It is kind of unusual, and looks like a combination of the late war heated jacket and the kanaljacke.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Very nice. I see some new Aero stuff in my future!

It looks like their used/sale section is much larger now. I had their previous "sale" page bookmarked but it was never really updated all that frequently. They've actually got quite a good inventory of used/sale jackets.

Also, I don't recall Aero selling the Rejuvenator leather balm on the old website. I haven't used anything on my Aeros yet (they're a bit too new for that) but it's something to consider in the future. I use Vanson's leather balm on my Vanson jackets but I don't know if they will work on horsehide.

Edit: oh I really didn't need to see the 50th Anniversary Highwayman jacket ...

Highwayman 20th Anniversary Limited Edition of 500 to commemorate the very first "Highwayman", made and sold in The Thrift Shop in Battersea London in 1983, we are introducing a strictly Limited Edition of 500, each one will be individually numbered by hand.

Since Black was the only colour made in the early days, the Anniversary will only be available in Black. To achieve the look of 20 year old jacket it comes as standard in our vintage horsehide, but it can be made by special request in our standard smooth horsehide or steerhide.

Strictly speaking though, the first Horsehide jackets weren't made till 1986. The lining will also be typical of the early jackets, a lurid Red Stewart Cotton Tartan. The Highwayman became a massive seller in the late 80's and before "every man and his dog" made a copy of the jacket it became famous as "the Jacket of choice" of every Scottish Indie Band from 1984 onwards.

Many a student grant was blown in Legends of Cockburn Street Edinburgh, or Flip in Glasgow, to get that essential piece of Scottish cool, a Black Highwayman.

Word soon spread around the world, and in the early 90's these were being produced in Scotland, London and Canada as we struggled to keep up with Worldwide demand. If you have any special number request please ask if it's not already been issued we'll see what we can do, otherwise you will get the next number available.

I only have one Highwayman and it's in brown. I have been considering a black one but never really gave it high priority ....

Aether

One of the Regulars
Ace Rimmer said:
It looks like their used/sale section is much larger now. I had their previous "sale" page bookmarked but it was never really updated all that frequently. They've actually got quite a good inventory of used/sale jackets.

I often thought that they must have had loads more returns/trade-ins than they showed on the old sale pages. Let's hope they keep this page up-to-date.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
I noticed that as well. I wish there was an exclusive leather jacket design for us automotive guys... motorcycle guys get all the nice leather goodies. :D

That's 'cause us bikers are cooler;)

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Check out the zipped Highwayman they have in the sale section, it's taken quite a beating, I like it.

Griff got one of these recently didn't he? A glimpse into the future.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great new site. And it also features the long awaited Iron Heart range. ...Superbly crafted pants! A big improvement and long overdue.

Navin, Aero's "Big Three" are dedicated car coats. ...But more in terms of a 30s Bentley Blower. I guess nobody in Scotland would regard your E46 as a classic car...

Aether

One of the Regulars
JanSolo said:
Great new site. And it also features the long awaited Iron Heart range. ...Superbly crafted pants! A big improvement and long overdue.

That's my biking outfit, Iron Hearts and an Aero. Bullet-proof!

Apparently there is an Aero x Iron Heart range of jackets on the way. They're bound to be a serious bit of kit.

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
I didn't see the Daytona... what section did you see that design at?

EDIT: Nevermind... just found it under the Motorcycle Jackets section

It looks really cool!
That can be too dangerous for melol

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The site is much improved and about time too. There are now more pictures of each jacket, but still not as many of the details as on the Good Wear site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points