Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aeroleather LHB just arrived!

andy richards

Practically Family
Two hours ago my new Aeroleather Long Half Belt arrived! The order was placed on oct 5th 2009 and Amanda promised me I would have it before Christmas! So here it is: A size 42 brown FQHH, green lining (thanks to jan Solo for this idea :eusa_clap ), two vertical inner pockets, storm cuffs (yes, I like them) and a 3" leather inner panel on lower interior. Still very stiff, can't wait to wear it tomorrow. Here are some pictures. I will place more pics this week, when wearing it.
IMG00018.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

Lear

One of the Regulars
I'm going to have to stop reading FL. Every time a new Aero comes in, I get as excited as if it were my own.

Anyway, very nice LHB Andy Richards. If possible, pics of it under natural light would be nice. I think a lot of folk have taken ideas from JanSolo. I also have the OD lining.

What size did you go with compared to your other coats/jackets? Seem to remember that you've bought before.

Edit: Just noticed the three inch, internal, lower panel. Nice touch.

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks! Yes, I will post some more pictures at daylight... As the postman delivered the parcel, it was already dark. This week I will find some time during daylight and place some pics. This LHB is a standard size 42. Also my Highwayman is a size 42, but the sleeves are a half inch longer than standard size 42 Hwm. The LHB is slightly darker of colour than my Highwayman. I love it! Janet made the jacket and I am very pleased with the result. I think a lot of potential Aero buyers owe a lot on the Fedora Lounge! In my case, I thank Jan Solo , for he gave me the idea of the OD lining.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Congrads on a fine jacket. I have been wearing my LHB pretty much every day since the weather cooled enough and it just keeps getting better. The only negagive: my wife is pretty sick of people stopping me and asking about the coat.

andy richards

Practically Family
Thank you, guys. Last night it was freezing -8 celcius (don't know about Farenheit, but it sure was cold) and I loved wearing the Long Half Belt.
Here some pictures of the fist day I'm wearing it. Sorry about the bad quality of the photo's. Sun was low, bad camera... Will post some more in the near future.

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments. It is a great fit and it is the normal colour brown. In my opinion the colour is slightly darker than my Highwayman which I now have for about a half year. I am completely happy with this jacket.

Lear

One of the Regulars
Wow! :eusa_clap Thanks for posting those pics andy richards. I do like the LHB. It looks halfway between a coat and a jacket. One day, I'll post some of my Aero coats in natural light, preferably being worn.

It's a very nice piece of FQHH you have there, and you wear it well. Start your stopwatch as you leave the house, and see how long it is before the compliments roll in.

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Nice jacket Andy !! I had one myself but it proved a bit too heavy. Always loved the style and one day I fancy one of those in a russett goat......

Fit is spot on and the colour of the hide was made for jeans or chino's.

BTW, what are those boots you've got one ? They look a bit like my Red Wing Gentleman travellers ....

You have impeccable taste !!

Cheers,
Dave:)

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for your kind words. The LHB fits perfect, indeed. Janet did an excellent job at Aero. The boots I am wearing are Meindl Wagrian. Excellent winterboots. Don't know about what kind of leather it is made of. Inside lambswool and gore liner. Today it is freezing about -10 celsius and my feet stayed warm during all the hours I spent out. Great boots I must say.
Cheers,
Andy

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
So then Andy, how's that half belt long looking these days after a hard winter's wear ?

My one in russett goat is now 2-3 weeks away. I'll post some photos when I get it. Be interesting to compare the two.

Dave

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks guys. Will post some pictures this week so you can see how the jacket looks right now. A few months ago I have ordered a 1930's halfbelt as well. Two weeks ago it arrived but it came with two diagonally placed front pockets and I ordered horizontally placed front pockets...:eusa_doh: The staff at Aero was very helpful and apologized immediately. So the jacket was returned and in the next few weeks my new 1930's halfbelt will be delivered. Of course I will let you all know...
Have a nice day,
Andy

andy richards

Practically Family
As promised...
After about a half year wearing the LHB. The leather became very supple, and still has the distinguished smell Navin!
Sorry for the bad quality of the picture.
Andy

IMG00011-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24