Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new Alexander 30's halfbelt

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
So it stands up, it kinda dont look like it from the pictures, but I think I understand how the hide feels now. As you say its gonna take years for it to become soft for real.

I think it looks beautiful.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Nice jacket! Is the front length longer than the back? Great fit - enjoy!

Did you see the pics :confused:

IMG_4611.jpg

:p

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
So it stands up, it kinda dont look like it from the pictures, but I think I understand how the hide feels now. As you say its gonna take years for it to become soft for real.

I think it looks beautiful.

i tried to stand it up but it crumped, so is "softer" than i thought. it is kind of "soft" for such a thick hide. perfect for what i wanted, it would be a great bike jacket.

I think steer gets a bum rap. It is like "clay". That might be the best description yet. FQHH takes some work, whereas steer is nice as-new. Both have their place in my closet, but I think it gets overlooked and under appreciated quite often.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Lovely jacket....did you get sizing specs for a 48" off them? Waiting for a reply from them re sizing....wonder if they cut slim or big, or maybe even true( whatever that is)....dying to get specs. What did you think of the shiny steer?

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Lovely jacket....did you get sizing specs for a 48" off them? Waiting for a reply from them re sizing....wonder if they cut slim or big, or maybe even true( whatever that is)....dying to get specs. What did you think of the shiny steer?

i gave amanda my measurements and got the 48, which is a good fit, it's not cut like the 50's HB it's a"slimer" cut with room for by beer gut. basically thats the only part of me thats out of proportion to a normal fit, so a slim fit works for me. However, in this hide it's kind of restricting now, untill it breaks. the shiny hide is much softer and thinner than this one. this is a very heavy jacket, the shipping weight was 4 kilos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart