Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new Alexander 30's halfbelt

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Got my Arkansas today in very heavy chocolate oil pull steer. All i can say is WOW. nice slim fit even though im a portly belly, still looks great. Way different fit than my 50's Mid weight HH half belt, which i'll probably be off loading now. Super soft moleskin lining and pockets, cord trim at the button cuff, beautiful all around. Heavy as hell though, gonna take a long time to break this one. WOW WOW WOW. as good or better than anyone else's, and i have them too. Pics coming...

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
wow it looks amazing!!! .....i hate you :D

J/k, but it looks kinda soft at the same time as thick, is this correct? Can you describe the feeling some? Is it hard or is it almost comfy?

Cooperson

One Too Many
I think that's the first Alexander hide I've really liked the look of. Very nice indeed, and a good fit too. Griff is right, it sort of looks quite soft - a detailed description is indeed required :)

Last edited:

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I think that's the first Alexander hide I've really liked the look of. Very nice indeed, and a good fit too. Griff is right, it sort of looks quite soft - a detailed description is indeed required :)

Well, i got it at the post office this morning since i missed it yesterday. These pics are crappy and basically out of the box. I wore it today and its stiff, to be expected since its at least 4oz steerhide, very thick but it molds like clay. hard to explain, very similar to chromexcell but not cardboardy, heavy but very flexible. it will take some time to break in. probly be done by next year as its getting warmer here and I'll only have about a month ar so to use it. The softness will come with time it can stand on its own no problem. its a 48, with accomodation for my un fashionable beer gut. If i ever lose that, the side straps will pull it in just fine. the hardware is all brass talon and the button holes aren't too small for the cuff to be opened and buttoned easily. not an easy task with leather this heavy. all in all a great jacket. This wasn't a sale jacket. I had it made for me.
Art

Last edited:
Looks great Art. I hope you know I was joking about the pics as I have yet to get mine up ;)
I ove steer hide. I hope you really enjoy that jacket.

schitzo

Suspended
very nice looking leather sir and I'm glad you're pleased with the fit. It looks well on you. And from my point of view it's good to see that they can tailor them to meet individual needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80