Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new and loving it

markapsolon

New in Town
Hi Guys

I just got really big into the fedora experience about 2 months ago and I happen it find this lovely forum with so many kindred spirits of fedoraa. :D I only have three dress fedora's so far and they are all by Dobbs. What do you guys think about the company?

I am a video producer and along with wearing my fedoras out on the town I am also using them in a new youtube series I am producing. In the photo below I am trying to pull off a retro late 1950's early 60's look. Do you think it works with the suit? or does it look to modern? Any advice etc :)

005.jpg

I think I'm looking at superman in the photo. lol

KY_RudeBoy

Familiar Face
I love my two Dobbs fedoras. I have a new Glenwood and a vintage Royal Coachman stingy brim. I have to stay off sites that have a wide variety of Dobbs hats, because I'll spend a lot of money... fast. :D
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

docneg

One of the Regulars
markapsolon said:
In the photo below I am trying to pull off a retro late 1950's early 60's look. Do you think it works with the suit? or does it look to modern? Any advice etc :)

005.jpg

I think you look just perfect.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Pics look great!

And welcome to the lounge! You'll find many helpful folks here.

If you want to get very picky, more than your average audience, look at clips from TV series of that era or still photos. (You know all that of course!) But to me, the look shown works for that period.

- Bill

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
markapsolon said:
Hi Guys

I am a video producer and along with wearing my fedoras out on the town I am also using them in a new youtube series I am producing. In the photo below I am trying to pull off a retro late 1950's early 60's look. Do you think it works with the suit? or does it look to modern? Any advice etc :)

I think I'm looking at superman in the photo. lol

You did a nice job on the "look". My only suggestion would be a slightly skinnier tie. I own a couple 60's Dobb's and I like the colors offered and the construction.
Tom D.

Bingles

A-List Customer
I just looked at your video on youtube (the give away video where you are wearing the suit)... You look amazing!! Keep wearing the fedoras, you look very good in them. :eusa_clap

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Only since you asked:

Depends on whether you are going for a sixties look or trying to look like people did in the sixties. If the latter, you have a ways to go. If the former, get different shoes.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I don't have any opinion on Dobbs but am happy to welcome you to the Lounge. No doubt you will enjoy your time here. ;)

markapsolon

New in Town
thanks

Thanks for the info. The Shoes must go and I will do a little research to see what types I should be looking at. The tie is a slim tie but I did pick up a hugo boss tie the other day that is a little bit slimmer. I think the photos are making the tie look a little larger than it really is..lol

As for the video series it is a technology review/ retro imagary series. Which I hope I can get the first one uploaded next week. I hope it will help to bring more people back into wearing the cool look of the fedora into the modern but that is just a side note in the video :)

Thanks again everyone and I look forward to talking all about hats :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner