Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bill Kelso - Custom Aeronaut In Russet Liberty Horsehide

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-1

One Too Many
Alrighty, I’ve just received the package. I was so anxious to open it...
Jacket.jpg

From my point of view, the workmanship is fantastic, simply flawless! I love how the leather feels and the clean look of the design.
2015-03-06 12.21.24.jpg

The hookless zipper is a little hard to operate in the beginning but I guess that’s normal.

Loki, my dog, also likes it a little:
loki j.jpg

The only thing I’m not sure about is the color of the leather. I mean it’s beautiful but I just don’t know if I can pull it off.
Maybe I just have to wear it really hard.

I’ll post fit pics Sunday or Monday.

Here is a sit pic:
lokija.jpg

Mark

Practically Family
A1, the colour is amazing of course you can carry-it-off. As you know I have the same russet liberty hh, after two/three weeks of wear mine has actually darkened slightly and shows signs of graining-up and creasing. You will love it I am sure. Some times it feels like an age from ordering a bespoke jacket to receiving it, you get so excited and anxious it can feel a bit of an anti-climax when you actually get it and you naturally start looking for faults and so on. Wear it, enjoy it and make it yours. It looks fantastic.

A-1

One Too Many
Sorry for the wait! Here are some fit pics (including a black pair of raw denim by Left Field NYC and a pair of Red Wing 2917, if you are interested in stuff like that).
I know that the sleeves are quite short. I actually like them like that but I can understand if people don’t. I’m not a rider except for the bicycle and that’s fine. I tend to roll or fold up my sleeves on my other jackets as well.
To me it’s a nice trim and tight fit, exactly as I desired it to be. I’m not into boxy fits on my jackets. Thank you Andy for your advice on fit and measurements!
By now I’ve come to like the russet better. It’s a colour I have to get used to I guess, very special!!
The leather itself is nice and stiff. I’ve tried on a FQHH Cordovan Aero once and I think this one’s as stiff as the Aero. But way lighter and I like that.
Even after two days it feels like it loosens up a little or maybe I’ve just gotten used to wearing armor.
I’ve included two shots of the sleeves where you can see the leather a little bit better. I’ve done no editing of the photos with colour or saturation. The leather is as juicy as it looks. Especially in the sun.

I’m interested in your opinions on my first and probably last leather jacket!

Open Front.jpg

Open Side.jpg

Open Back.jpg

Closed Front.jpg

Closed Side.jpg

Closed Back.jpg

Collar.jpg

Left Sleeve.jpg

Right Sleeve.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The colour is nice. I think you'll get used to it very quickly. As you say, the short sleeves will provoke remarks but if it's how you like them it's fine.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The fit looks great given that you prefer the short sleeves over longer. Thanks for sharing.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Very nice fit and love the color. Sleeve length to me is all about personal feel, so if that's what you were looking for then you nailed it. Congrats on a great looking jacket.

A-1

One Too Many
Much obliged for the nice words!
Actually, I thought the sleeves’d be a little longer. However, as the sleeves end is open and not tapered, I like it this way. Perhaps I’m a moron but longer sleeves always annoyed me a little bit. Never had a hassle with shorter though. I mean when you say it looks rather strange, yeah, I get that totally.

One tipp for people looking to buy an Aeronaut. Listen to Andy’s advice on the chest width. I decreased the standard 23” of the standard size 42 model to 22,25”. I even wanted to go down to 21,75”. That would have turned out dreadful... So, better size up on this model. I really like the tight fit, but I won’t be able to layer a very thick wool pullover like a troyer (like this one: http://www.meadowweb.com/art/north-sea-clothing-the-submariner-navy.php). At least for now. Maybe when the leather softens up a little. What is your experience about that?

One question: Is it common to post photos of the jacket’s wear after some time in this very thread or should I rather start a new one for that? To me it makes more sense to have it all in one place. At least I’d be happy to find it all here, if I was looking for a jacket.
Maybe you have arguments for starting a new thread?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This isn't a style I normally like but that looks great on you! Great fit too. I don't think the sleeves look too short at all.

Personally I usually dig up my old threads and post more pics. Keep them all in the one place, that way if someone searches and finds your jacket (that they are interested in) they get to see the jacket evolve over time.

Reactions: A-1

Edward

Bartender
I'd have gone with a longer sleeve, but that's to personal taste. Fit looks good - snug, but not the overtight "Luftwaffe fit".

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Nice fit and great jacket. Don't worry the jacket will lose its stiffness with wear.

When you drive, wear the jacket zip up it will help break the leather.
Did that with mine and now the jacket is quite comfortable.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thats great, it's good to see jackets break in. I would love it if everyone showed the evolution of their jackets a lot more, particularly as they don't sell them in Aus, it's very helpful to see how different leathers and colours break in. Good work!

Jägernaut

Practically Family
The fit and color on that jacket are awesome. I see you got a hoodie under the jacket. Is it a comfortable fit with the hoodie, or a little tight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925