Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW CALIFORNIAN VENTURA

Cooperson

One Too Many
I love the Ventura pattern, always have. This looks made to measure to me, not many could get away with 27 1/2" sleeves, it was clearly meant to be :)

technovox

One Too Many
This jacket is just stellar and fits and looks great on you @Fanch

I noticed there are a few different details from the usual Venturas John makes. This one has no wrist straps for a bit of a cleaner look (I like it both ways). The side buckles on the Himel collab are the kind that double back. John's Ventura buckles are more the belt buckle kind. Himel's leather facings seem wider and use more leather. Both look great.

Congrats!
Good comparison. I also wonder if there's any difference between the Shinki that Himel uses, and the Shinki that John uses... in weight, suppleness and shading.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
A truly beautiful jacket and the fit couldn't be better !
I wish I could buy "standard size" for my jackets....

I'm jealous !!!

Congrats Richard !

pawineguy

One Too Many
I missed all the excitement with a busy weekend and not logging on - what a beautiful jacket and perfect fit. I agree with the earlier poster that the yoke and half-belt location are just spot on and in lovely proportion. Couldn't possibly do any better, IMHO. Congratulations.

The shoulder and chest dimensions are much better for you than the Premier HWM, but it gives you a very similar look. Very happy for you.

Peacoat

Bartender
A good score, Fanch. Looks great. As you are difficult to fit, I am surprised you got something to fit your torso and arms without going custom. I notice you posted this on Saturday, but for some reason I am just now seeing it.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Off the rack jackets just don't come that well fitted. Hell, bespoke jackets rarely come that well fitted. And a GWxHimel to boot! Congratulations, Fanch. Cracking jacket

This jacket is really nice! I can't help coming back to see it over and over. So hard to believe there is a bi-swing on it- a seamless job!
Congratulations again.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Hi Fanch, how come that jacket looks identically perfect on you as well as your other ones but all your other jackets have 27.5" back length while that one 25.5 and look similarly?

I have a GW Californian Ventura and it just measures smaller in length. I'm not sure why. My size 40 jackets measures 22-inches in back length and I'm 5'9. It fits just like my other half belts that measure 24-24.5-inches in back length. Not sure why. It would probably make it almost impossible to sell as the 22-inch length would be a red flag, but it fits longer.

Roma

A-List Customer
I have a GW Californian Ventura and it just measures smaller in length. I'm not sure why. My size 40 jackets measures 22-inches in back length and I'm 5'9. It fits just like my other half belts that measure 24-24.5-inches in back length. Not sure why. It would probably make it almost impossible to sell as the 22-inch length would be a red flag, but it fits longer.
Looks like their whole pattern is different and their shorter length fits like a longer one from other vendors. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR