Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new cold weather wear

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
Yea I know it is the height of summer. However soon it will be time to don that jacket, sweater, coat. So what is on your wish list for later this yr?

davyjones007

One of the Regulars
Well I just spent the last two days e-mailing Mark at Aero for a brown LHB FQHH. Should be here by August. Can not wait to test its winter durability.

Burnsie

Heard from Mark at Aero yesterday morning that my new 1756 A-2 has left the factory - just waiting to hear that it has "landed", then it's on its way to me!

Edward

Bartender
For next Winter, I have my eye on an ELC 1940 pattern (four panel) Irvin. I'd also love to have a WW1 style long pilot's coat in brown leather with blanket lining and a wool pile collar, but that will most likely have to wait a few years yet given my budget!!

1911 Man

A-List Customer
June 2nd I ordered an Aero Brown FQHH Barnstormer from Mark. I ordered the USA edition so I could get the inside pocket and tartan wool lining (Utah winters can get mighty cold). Just waiting to hear from him that it is finished. Of course the first few months I have it, it will look really nice hanging in my closet, but that's about it. :)

PENSACOLA

One of the Regulars
...This winter's wear:

DSC00267.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00265.jpg
[/IMG]

...Both recently purchased from Aero...

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Im looking forward to getting alot of fall/winter wear out of my two major purchases this year, an original Irvin and my new Goodwear no-name 42-18246-P A-2.

JLStorm

Practically Family
I was going to go with an Aero Barnstorer, but was persuaded by Aero USA to look elseware for something that was not leather. I think I have decided on a custom Pea Coat from Schott made in the WWII weight and thickness that will extend about 52" rather than the standard 32", I figure that should keep me pretty warm no matter where I go or what Im doing.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I'm going to make this...

Inspired by Fishmeok's A2 project, I'm going to make myself a casual winter coat from this pattern:

GPF858.jpg

Frenchglen Barn Jacket

I bought this pattern and the material (dark brown twill outer, plaid flannel inner) before I started law school with the intention of learning to sew. Now I'm back at it.

-Dave

NicFyyar

New in Town
I'll don my sweet and warm dark green Loden coat, which I inherited from my late Grandpa (yes, I am only a youngster, but eagerly exploring the world of classic Men's dress).

EDIT: A coat like this (not my pic):
steinbock_lodenmantel_gruen_200x391.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart