Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Federation - Help

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Bravo Belegnole, you've got it! Looks like a good fit and very becoming as well.

By the way, not to argue the point, but I really don't think sweatband shrinkage is an issue one way or another with these. At least not the Akubras I have and especially the Fed Deluxe. The sweatband is far too pliable and stretchy for that and it doesn't seem to have any tendency to shrink that I've noticed. If steaming the sweatband and hairdrying it helps, I think maybe it is because of what is going on with the felt right behind it! Just one man's opinion.

Also, getting the whole hat wet and setting it over a lamp can work fine too - others have mentioned that. But applying directed steam to just one part of the hat, the only part you want to shrink, seems less risky and, lemme tell ya, it's for sure way faster.

- Bill

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
I just got a Fed this past week, size 58. When i first put it on it was just a tad big, so i put some of the foam in it and it fit great. After only 4 days I noticed it was getting really tight, so I took the foam back out and it fits perfect. After some thought on it I decided the reason it shrank so fast was the fact that my hair is still damp from showering when i put it on, so the sweatband gets wet and drys after i pull it off a few mins later. Anyway it fits great now, and after wearing one i've finally found the brim size that fits my face the best. These are truly great hats for the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic