Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new fedora for lark59.

59Lark

Practically Family
well already tried posting this thread and it didnt take so here is a another try . On monday of all days, i got a phone call from a hat co that i have been trying to get a fedora from for a good long while. I was finally able to order a new fedora, the kind that jimmy stewart seemed to favour in a lot of his movies. grey felt fedora with wide band. now i had to order three but I okay with this as i am now a dealer or rep. So wholesale is good , i am a retailer complete with a showroom and a tax no. and have been in business since gerald ford was in office. so along with scissors and drygood notions there maybe a fedora up on the wall as well. i have worn fedoras for twenty years and must wear one now, feel naked without one and a baseball cap will not do. but i wear one everyday and get them dirty and get them wet etc. so no original masterpiece for me , give me a good quality one for everyday but no chinese nock off either. am waiting for them to made , finished and packaged and sent here. will send photos when they arrive. will ask the 16 year old kid to do that as mastering e mail is the maxium this 19 century dinosaur can handle. give me the rotary phone turn off the record player and i leave the lights on the studebaker, what decade is this and where do i get off. 59Lark. :eek:fftopic:

59Lark

Practically Family
new fedora for 59Lark

The hat maker in question is magill of montreal, i know that i have had feedback from some other canadians about quality of these hat but they have a cheaper line that most seniors buy but that is not the product that i have buying. i have worn there hats for nearly twenty years and am happing with the style that i buy will show you all soon. here is hoping before xmas but dont hold your breath. 59LARK.:D

59Lark

Practically Family
forced to take out a biltmore for now.

the wait for a winter fedora can not wait anymore we were hit with a snowstorm and the straw hat cannot be worn anymore this year. so here we are 11 days into dec, and hanging up the straw hat, mild winter till now. Still no fedoras yet, so we broke into the storage box and liberated the black biltmore that was reserved for funerals and wedding both wearing black, and i found it wanting tight fit, so i put it on a stretcher tonight and hope the stretcher will help it fitter a little less tight, have gained weight and some it has turned my head fat, so my hats dont fit right. ahaaaaaahhhh. am glad that went from a seven and five eights to a seven and three quarter so the difference should fit better. 59lark:eek:fftopic:

59Lark

Practically Family
new magill hat here.

so on monday a box came from montreal, my three new fedoras came smooth felt finish, caribou, seven and three quaters, lovely except i forgot to specify the ribbon around the band and they put a one inch grey instead of two inch black, so my daughter went down into our hat equipment and found some fifty year old ribbon at least two or more jet black. and she removed the new one and replace it , making the bow took her a few tries but she mastered it, and now i have a nice hat, and i already sold one of my spares a minister wife came in for a sewing machine repair and i showed her the fedoars and her husband wears hat but not anything like this lately and i sold her one of the spares did i tell you he is the same hat size yes, and she saw and paid extra to have the ribbon changed like mine. i will know to specify in the future more carefully.so i sold my first fedora on the day they came in, wierd huh.i will try to get my daughter to take and send pictures of these lovely hats this week. i have been wearing my fedora daily and am much happier. 59lark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy