Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Grey Fed...what you think?

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Received my grey Fed from Akubra today. What a nice lid. Great felt and it shaped easily. Bashed it into an Indy style...I tried to do a teardrop, but had a hard time with the crown. Please let me know what you think...

SSCN2156.jpg

SSCN2159.jpg

I want to thank Atomic Glee for his thread a couple of weeks ago. Seeing his Fed made me want one just like it.

Thanks...KC

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
That's a beaut - and oddly familiar, somehow. :)

The grey Fed is really a nice hat (not that the brown isn't, of course). It's noticeably softer (especially in the crown) than the brown Fed.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Looks good

It looks like you did a great job shaping the hat. I like the gray... dare I say better than the brown?!! :eek:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Fed's dimensions look great on you, KC

I'm a big Akubra fan, all my hats are Akubras (I sold my Open Road to a friend as it was too tight on my head, in spite of being a size 7 the same as my Akubras). Atomic Glee and yourself look great in your Feds!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
stylin said:
Love the Fed!

Are you willing to wear it in the rain? If so, did you scotchguard it?

I would be willing to wear a Federation in the rain, any time, no Scotchguard required. The Fed - and all Akubras - are tough, tough hats. That's why they've been so popular for so many decades in the Aussie bush. They'll take a beating, and keep on going.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Does anyone have the Deluxe version? I'm looking into buying a Fed., but want
the best quality I can get-recommondations? also want to try to try making the reverse taper mentioned earlier-how to , without compromising/ruining hat?
any help is great...

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Akubra Traveller

stylin said:
Love the Fed!

Are you willing to wear it in the rain? If so, did you scotchguard it?

If "Stylin" wants a tough Akubra felt that can take the rain, try the "Traveller". That was my first "real" hat. If it's raining, the Traveller is my first choice out of my fur felt hats. I've had it for a good year now, and it still looks as good as the day it came out of the box.

When I made the purchase, I was on the fence about which Akubra to get and the sales person at Everything Australian suggested it. I just checked their current price in US dollars and it's $71. I do not recall the shipping, but thought it was reasonable.

Kaleponi Craig said:
Received my grey Fed from Akubra today. What a nice lid. Great felt and it shaped easily. Bashed it into an Indy style...I tried to do a teardrop, but had a hard time with the crown. Please let me know what you think...

SSCN2156.jpg

SSCN2159.jpg

I want to thank Atomic Glee for his thread a couple of weeks ago. Seeing his Fed made me want one just like it.

Thanks...KC

Definitely a great looking hat! I'm yet to get myself a Fed, but soon!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot