Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New guy in town...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Hey, folks...a friend of mine (Brian Anderson) referred me to this place, says his brother hangs out here.

I'm a USAAF reenactor, swing dancer, vintage clothing addict, art deco admirer, old car nut, and much more to go along with the rest. Just recently got into the civilian side of vintage and the like, but built up a collection incredibly quickly. My whole wardrobe changed in a year.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with the forum and everyone here.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Nice to have you here, vintage lovers are alway welcome. I post mostly in the fedora section, so if you've got any nice vintage lids make sure you tell us about them or post pics if you can.

fedoralover

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Art! We've met...I was at the S.F. Vintage Fashion Expo, wearing a '43 double-breasted blue pinstripe wool suit, spectators, and a '30s phantom blue Knox Luxor, short brim with a high crown. Good to know there are a few folks here that I'm acquainted with. I think Andykev is Brian's brother.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'm flattered. I guess I made an impression. Thanks, Art.

Canadave, that's actually me in my avatar. Happened to find just the right lighting by a window late in the afternoon.

As for the golden era, I'm not sure where exactly my interest started. It's been a factor in my life as far back as I can remember. I grew up in a house built in 1914, later in a house built in 1947, with visits to another that was an 1800s victorian. I think that might have had a lot to do with it. The past has always fascinated me, made me wish I could visit.

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by The Wingnut
Canadave, that's actually me in my avatar. Happened to find just the right lighting by a window late in the afternoon.

That's amazing! Who took the pic? How about some details on the hat and suit?

(BTW, my wife and I live in a house built in 1922!)

David

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wingnut

Before you move to your new job up North, are you game to visit Art's shop in Rodeo? We usually do lunch once a week, and it would be a pleasure to meet you. I am thinking Wednesday of next week, if Art is back in town, and doesn't have a stone job to do. We have lunch at El Sol (The Sun),. ...which has some of the best Mexican food I've ever had....ooops, It's my turn to buy this week? Ok Wingnut, you get a free lunch!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Dave,

That was actually taken at work. At my last job, I would dress to the nines on Wednesdays because I'd go swing dancing in the evenings. My boss took that picture after we scoured the shop for a good spot. It's been fiddled with in photoshop, the background's been knocked out to black and the contrast has been adjusted to deepend the shadows. I'm really happy with how it came out.

Andykev, I haven't moved yet, but I'm working...I commute a total of 200 miles every day. Rodeo is about 60 miles from where I work, so it doesn't look as if I'd be able to take you up on that offer. I'd love to, though. I really do need to visit Art's shop sometime, maybe after I find a place and get settled in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24