Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW(ish) Brooks Brothers Houndstooth Sportcoat, 44-46R

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Picked this up from the local charity shop where my local Brooks Brothers sends their merchandise that has been removed from stock. This appears to have been altered; presumably either the customer didn't pick it up or wasn't satisfied with the alterations. In any case, there are no visible defects, other than that the label has been cut to ensure you can't return it to the store for a refund. Other than that, it's practically brand-new.

It's a recent-model 1818 Madison sportcoat from the spring '09 season. Wool and silk blend by E. Thomas in a black-and-white houndstooth with a faint blue windowpane. Very nice fabric indeed, and the color scheme makes it pretty versatile, season-wise. Half-canvas construction, like all 1818 jackets.

Tagged size is 46R; I think it has probably been taken in in the sides and fits more like a 44 now. However, presumably the seam allowance is still there and could be let out again. See measurements below for specifics.

Measurements:
Shoulders: 20 3/4"
Chest: 47"
Waist: 42"
Length from bottom of collar: 31 3/4
Sleeves: 25" with about 2" to let out

Original retail was $548; it's currently on clearance for $274; you can have this one for just $100 shipped CONUS. Paypal only. PM me if you're interested.

DSCF5886.jpg

This one is a little weird; the wind was blowing it around.
DSCF5888.jpg
DSCF5887.jpg
DSCF5889.jpg
DSCF5890.jpg
DSCF5891.jpg
DSCF5892.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters