1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

New jacket: Vanson x Thurston Bros. Gambler

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ton312, Mar 3, 2017.

1. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Hey Ton......I thought the Johnson was going to be the last one...........Keep going though..... as we are the same size !!

ProteinNerd and ton312 like this.
  2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Eventually, something is going to have to go. At this point I can't even begin to decide. But I'm really liking the ELMC windward in walnut.
    I'm also growing to appreciate lighter weight leather. Not more so but I get it. Hell hath frozen over.

3. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Yeh, I am probably wronging them, I am just bad at waiting. :D I got a mail late January that got my hopes up and then two weeks later I was told they went out of leather before mine got cut and they are waiting for a new batch of leather. Unlucky me, that's all. Anway, didn't mean to hijack our thread of this beautiful jacket, enjoy wearing it, looks great!

ton312 likes this.
  4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

No hijack at all. When I ordered my Derby the email was "lost" and my order sat in limbo for a good 4 months! You'll be rewarded for your wait!

5. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

The Vanson America will be worth the wait...............for sure !! Trust me on this one, it is one damn cool jacket bar none !!! ( sorry Ton, just had to get that in ).....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

Looks awesome Tony! Very well done. I like the mix of styles, along with simple nickle hardware and rich deep black leather. I get it, too, with regard to slightly lighter weight leathers. Maybe I just need to spend more time at the YMCA (and oh do I ever) and my 4 - 5 oz Steer and Horse jackets will get more time on my back again. Keep it on, keep wearing it and starting to break it in. Seems it takes a while with these, I like the "spring" comment, good description.

ton312 likes this.
  7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Another winner Tony, congratulations!

ton312 likes this.
  8. Pdxgeo

Pdxgeo A-List Customer

Holy crap that's badass Ton! Great Fit, leather looks like armor. Cant wait to see how it evolves! Congrats!

ton312 likes this.
  9. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

That's what I have, American Walnut as Eastman call it. It's a really beautiful color. The topcoat wears quickly, though, which I was surprised by, and not necessarily in a good way. I was hoping it'd look new a long time, and it's going to have that well-worn in look that everyone loves much sooner than later.

Agreed, the Windward is a good fit on me overall, but very snug through the shoulders and upper arms. I really wonder if I should have gone with a 46...

10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I was surprised to learn they ran so true to size. It just goes to show that numbers really don't always tell the whole story and tag size is literally almost meaningless!

Guppy likes this.
  11. K-Pants

K-Pants One of the Regulars

Thats a great piece of jacket, Ton. You wear it well. What's your cross zip count up to now? I admire your collection, man.

ton312 likes this.
  12. SkyTurtle

SkyTurtle Familiar Face

It's not just you, Junkie. Vanson is the best in my opinion, but their customer service is über langsam. Seriously, I ordered a set of hanger stickers several years ago. Never got here. Called Vanson and they swore they sent them. Address correct and everything. So, I ordered them again. Never got them. Swore they sent them. I ordered my first jacket from Thurston, got here in a week. Few months later I ordered a second jacket from Thurston and asked if I could maybe get some stickers. Jacket was here in a week...with stickers!

13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Exactly too many. And not one less!

K-Pants, El Marro and ProteinNerd like this.
  14. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

upload_2017-3-3_22-42-6.png

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  15. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Great jacket! I really like that pocket! Is that a C pocket?

ton312 likes this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Almost enough to forgive the lightweight, fashion mall lambskin leather it's made of. Almost.

That's a (ಠ__ಠ) pocket.

ProteinNerd and ton312 like this.
  17. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That could be a good name for it. It's a nice big ass pocket that's for sure. I do wish the snaps would've been hidden in the flap itself. Just would've been a bit cleaner.

Guppy likes this.
  18. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

What size is your Aero Bootlegger? (not that i am trying to figure out my size in Vanson....)

ton312 and ProteinNerd like this.
  19. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It's a 40" with 27" sleeve and length. This one fits very similar in the body but much more slim thru shoulders and arms.

20. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Proof of mental illness:
    IMG_1129.JPG