Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Miss_Vawny

New in Town
Hi there ladies!

I recently discovered this website after searching for classic hairstyles. After a little look around I simply had to join! I'm 23, and live with my partner of nearly three years, and our two dogs. Formerly a cosmetologist, currently a housewife (of sorts!).

Although I haven't been dressing this way for long, I find myself being influenced by 1950's styles. I love fifties glamour, especially the pin up girls. So, I guess my look is cheesecake with a modern twist. I'm not a purist and I don't own vintage, but you will rarely see me without cherry red lips.

I look forward to spending some time in the company of likeminded women. x

Don't forget to check the EVENTS section!

When perusing the lounge, don't forget to check the events section as there may be a local event coming up or if you are traveling something happening where you're about to visit.

The Loungers do there best to put together some delightful events. Chances are you're missing out on some of the best comraderie going if you skip out on that local get-together.

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Hello

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I, like many others, have been lurking here for a little while and finally decided to join. I have always enjoyed the look of yesteryear especially the hats and I think I am starting to mature a little bit more in my old age of mid 30s :) because those baseball caps that I have been wearing for years just don't do it for me anymore. So, I'm sure I'll have questions on many subjects in the near future.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Hello Fedora Lounge and to all the ships at sea....

Hello,
Thought I would post the obligatory greeting. I ran across this site searching for a travel suit and after lurking for awhile decided to join up. I absolutely love the fashions and culture of the '30s and '40s, but being a "big boned" 21st century guy, never have any luck finding actual vintage items that fit. Hopefully you can all help me find some items that look the part, but come in more "modern" sizes. My style guru is Robert Mitchum. If I could dress half a cool as Bob I would be a happy camper. For music I listen to the Big Bands (right now I'm listening to some early Cab Calloway), but I'm also nutty about the Bebop. I also love watching Film Noir movies. My favorite is "Appointment with Danger" staring Alan Ladd as a two fisted postal inspector.

That's probably more than you care to know, but I wanted to show my credentials at the door. I hope to talk to you all very soon.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MDphoto said:
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I, like many others, have been lurking here for a little while and finally decided to join. I have always enjoyed the look of yesteryear especially the hats and I think I am starting to mature a little bit more in my old age of mid 30s :) because those baseball caps that I have been wearing for years just don't do it for me anymore. So, I'm sure I'll have questions on many subjects in the near future.

Welcome to the Lounge. It's nice to see another person from "Western NC" here. Where in NC, if I may ask, are you located?

judy

New in Town
Hi!

I was introduced to The Fedora Lounge by my friend Rebecca (cherry lips) and after reading and investigating it for a while i finally feel ready to write something... I love this site! Last night I got stuck in front of my computer and I wasn't even close to getting my 7,5 hours of beauty sleep. :)
I've been interested in vintage fashion for a long time but it wasn't until about a year ago that I discovered my favourite era; 50's and early 60's. I absolutely adore Jean Seberg in "A bout de souffle", she is my style inspiration!

By the way, you ladies all look gorgeous!

C.K.Farnsworth

One of the Regulars
Howdy M. Bill

Mahagonny Bill said:
Hello,
Thought I would post the obligatory greeting. I ran across this site searching for a travel suit and after lurking for awhile decided to join up. I absolutely love the fashions and culture of the '30s and '40s, but being a "big boned" 21st century guy, never have any luck finding actual vintage items that fit. Hopefully you can all help me find some items that look the part, but come in more "modern" sizes. My style guru is Robert Mitchum. If I could dress half a cool as Bob I would be a happy camper. For music I listen to the Big Bands (right now I'm listening to some early Cab Calloway), but I'm also nutty about the Bebop. I also love watching Film Noir movies. My favorite is "Appointment with Danger" staring Alan Ladd as a two fisted postal inspector.

That's probably more than you care to know, but I wanted to show my credentials at the door. I hope to talk to you all very soon.

In regards to larger size vintage clothing, I am 6'3" and have what I thought to be a large head. I was talking with someone at the Vintage Fashion Expo in Santa Monica, Ca ( I live in Los Angeles) and she pointed out that the larger sized stuff in good condition just sells faster. So just be diligent in looking. I revisit my favorite thrift stores and online sources often looking for my size in stuff (42 long) and you can always have suits and shirts tailor made. There is a wonderful source for that right here on the Lounge, or rather he is a member (I swear I'm not getting a kickback either) Indy Magnoli. Check out his website. The prices are really reasonable for bespoke tailoring! I am having some vintage ties made and the quality is top drawer I tell you!

any hoo, welcome to the lounge and cheers!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Welcome judy, from the bottom of my heart. Jean Seberg is fine, but you remind me more of Shirley Temple in her teens (your sweetness, youth, smile, the sparkle in your eyes...):

cc6c_1.JPG

ErinKathleen

New in Town
Hey:)
I've been lurking for a few weeks, just moved so I finally have time to post now... I was an animation student at CCS, and I guess I've just always loved 20's-40's fashion and history in general... I do a lot of my own design and have lots of fun digging around in flea markets and vintage shops...

Wooster

New in Town
Good evening gentlemen.

Let me introduce myself, my name is 'Eise'. (it's a male name, I often find there is misconseption about that)
It's rather an unusual name, even in the Netherlands. (which is where I am from)

I'm 19 years old, and over the past few years I've grown more and more fond of the 1920's-40's known as the "golden era".
I ran into this forum some time ago, and have finally decided to give it a go!

I currently don't own many vintage items of clothing, because the vintage clothing scene is practically non-existant here.

As I've previously stated, I'm dutch, and as such english is not my native language. I would like to apologize in advance for any spelling or grammatical errors because of this.

mookitten

New in Town
hello ladies:)

I actually first found this site a couple months ago while looking up vintage hair & makeup tips/tuts on google, and I'm glad I found this site!

I absolutely love everything vintage, the clothes, to the makeup and movies & music.Though I have yet to attempt the hairstyles, I'd love to hopefully find some more helpful tips on here.

My favorite eras:40's-50's, but I love the fashions ranging from the 1920's-the 60's to. I've loved vintage clothing & music since I was a little girl thanks to my mother taking me thrift store shopping, and introducing me to the music she listened to when she was a youngin.
I love my fiance & my cat.
I love photography & taking photos, especially B&W! I love thriftstore shopping & antiquing(and can do it for hours!) and I sell my vintage finds on ebay. I love sharing & learning new makeup techniques and look forward to learning new things on here:)

Glass Shark

New in Town
Greetings. I am in my early 60's and not only like vintage things, I am a vintage thing. My wife, who is a hat person, got me started wearing berets a few years ago. I grew comfortable with the look and decided to expand that look to include fedoras. That led to finding the lounge and I am very pleased to be here. I have learned a great deal and look forward to a long and happy stay.

Aero 400

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself !

I am new to The Lounge. My name is Eric, I am an attorney, and I own a motion picture studio producing our own experimental film projects.
One of these projects is a feature length Noir done in the style of the original late 1940s master filmmakers. As with all our projects, it will use advanced film techniques while remaining faithful to the genre of the hard-boiled down-and-dirty L.A. detective movie.

I believe that the 1920s-1940s America had a sense of style, bearing, and dignity in dress that any generation could admire.

I'll find a table now... hey, who's the dish glidin' by? I'm interested...slightly...

waffle

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone..

My name is Adolfo, I'm from Miami, FL and I'm 25. I got back to the states in November of last year after spending about a year in Peru as a missionary. Most of the work I did over there were medical clinics, and earthquake relief. The time I spent over there really impacted my life, and It's something I know I'll never forget. I joined the lounge primarily because I had been interested in purchasing a fedora... and I'm staying because.. well, the people here are great.

I think that's it for now.. but feel free to message me if you have any questions.

:)

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Hello there!
I've been lurking here for over a year and have just finally joined, and I'm so glad I did!
My favorites eras are the 40's and 50's. I'm very into music, of all sorts and kinds, and I love love love vintage fashion :)

Delafield

New in Town
Greetings

Hello, I'm new in town. Name's Patrick. After lurking around for a while. I'd thought I'd finally pop in and introduce myself to you swell folks. I live in north jersey and work as a lineman for a telecommunications company.
I kind of grew up around the antiques business so I have a sort of passion for the classic style, particularly the fashions of the 1920's through to the mid 1960's and mid century modern interior design. It's so nice to find a place like this.
Nice to meet everybody.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Hello, Coty here. I, like many before, have decided to stop lurking. It was a big decision to include weeks of prayer and reflection. Just kidding. I just said what the heck. I am a 35 year old Texas attorney. I am forced to wear suits daily and wanted to get into nice hats to match. I have gained a wealth of information just reading posts and hope to learn more by actively participating.

ps...Caveat...I am a bit of a smart ass. Please do not take it seriously.

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
An official introduction

Hi all. I joined The Lounge about 4 weeks ago after reading all your wonderful hair posts for quite some time, and finding it a constant source of inspiration. I'm a stay at home mum who believes in bringing glamour back to daily life - and I try to work it into every day. My favorite fashion eras are the 1930's - 1950's but I admit that I find inspiration in all sorts of retro and historical styles.

I try to work all of these fashion influences into my daily wardrobe, but I am also conscious of looking too costumey. I blog about my fashion choices and style inspirations daily, and I love to chat to other fashion obsessed lasses (or lads). I am somewhat of a shopaholic and I simply love to hunt out vintage finds. When I see an knock out ensemble on one of my favorite screen sirens - I can't rest till I have my own, which often means searching for vintage patterns and sewing something up myself.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum thing and the etiquette here, so if I post in the wrong place or make some other faux par, please help me mind my manners.​
So send me a message, or visit my blog, cause I just love hearing from my new Fedora Friends!
:)
stylediary451.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy