Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

rkwilker

One Too Many
Long time lurker and recent poster here. I live in North Carolina and my love of Fedoras originally brought me here. Then I discoverd a small group of cigar lovers here (another of my vices) and decided to join. Seems like a nice group of people here. Pleasure to meet all of you. ;)

Inusuit

A-List Customer
NOG here... (New Old Guy)

Google sent me. I was (still am) looking for an older Stetson Open Road in 7 1/2 Long Oval. One of the sites that came up when I searched was the Hat Section of the Fedora Lounge. Wow, who would have thought. I have always been interested in vintage clothes, and indulge that passion in one of my hobbies - Cowboy Action Shooting. Most of my shooting costumes come from thrift stores. One special interest of mine is vintage Pendleton shirts, currently going for $3.00 at the Goodwill in my area. I have more than I care to admit. Old leather jackets and 8-piece paperboy hats are also favorites. And I'm still looking for that large size OR. Oh yeah, I live outside of Cheyenne Wyoming with my wife, 4 dogs and three cats. I'm mostly retired, but work part time for an engineering firm. What a great site.

cecil

A-List Customer
Hi ladies!

I'm Cecil, and despite what my name suggests I am indeed one of the fairer sex. I'm 21 and in Australia. I'm really bad at introductions so I guess I'll just jump in.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Cecil.

DocMustang

One of the Regulars
Yet another Bubblehead

First found the lounge when I was looking for a leather jacket. Couldn't find one off the rack that I found appealing. I really liked the look of Christopher Eccleston's Jacket as the ninth Doctor. Found a thread discussing it here and have lurked and posted ever since. I always liked classic style and bought my first Fedora in DC on a class trip in high school. While in the Navy I started buying bespoke suits as a hobby on liberty. I think I was the only guy on board Columbus (SSN-762) that started looking for a tailor as soon as the lines went over. :) I once had 3 suits, 3 pairs of pants 5 shirts and 6 ties made in a 48hour liberty call in Phuket and still had time and money to enjoy the local scene. Left the navy, got really educated (finishing my MD in march) now I go back to the Navy as an Officer and cannot wait until they finally bring back the Service Dress Khaki's next year. I am an active Freemason and enjoy time with my wife and son.

Best vintage purchase was a Naval Officer's Sword from Wilkinson just before they closed their doors forever.

Doc

Mathilde

New in Town
Hello Ladies,

I'd like to introduce myself as well..
I found this forum yesterday while googling for tip on how to care for my new Waters-Conley Phonola.
I've always had a strong sentiment for "the olden days", especially the 20's/50's. I don't dress up vintage everyday, but i do try to pick out vintage inspired things. However, I couldn't be without my jeans and cords either so i mix it up a bit. I love jazz and things with a story.
If I see an old penny from the 1940's for instance, I can daydream about where that penny might have been. That is really what fascinates me about vintage stuff, the story that they carry with them..
I'm 28 years old, mother of 3 kids (6, 4 and 1) and married to a great guy.
I live in Western MA but moved here from Europe (Netherlands) in the beginning of 2002.

My avatar isn't me ;-), but my dear late grandmother whom i look a lot like. That's what I would have looked like back in 1946 ;-)

I'm really excited to have found this forum. I'm not sure how much I will post, I've never been a great frequent forum poster, but I will definately read a lot and try to get involved.

On a sidenote , while browsing, I noticed a particulairy high amount of redhaired ladies on this forum. I wonder if it's a co incidence or maybe the hair makes us (i'm a redhead myself) long for eras gone by?

Have a wonderful evening!

draws

Practically Family
Great looking avatar

dflip5 said:
Love the site. Been looking around here for a couple days now. Everyone looks great!

Dan
Dan, I am interested in your avatar. Is that you mounted? If so, what organization are you associated with?
Dennis

draws

Practically Family
Another 30s/40s period fan

I have been interested in The Fedora Lounge for a number of months but didn't have enough time to join. Well, here I am. I am interested in a number of vintage periods but specifically the pre and post WW1 era and more importantly the 1930s-1940s military cavalry era.

I have a substantial collection of WW1 and WWII militaria including many original enlisted and officer infantry and cavalry uniforms and equipment. During the past year and since I have become a member of a pre-WWII US Army Cavalry troop, I have been accumulating a number of original US Army Mounted uniforms. This organization's uniform is based on pre-WWII uniform standards and components including original McClellan saddles and tack.

Since I am retired, I manage to get into my WWII mounted uniform 3 times per week in order to attend unit functions and to ride any one of our 16 horses. So for the sake of sharing information, my interest are primarily military cavalry uniforms (both enlisted and officers) and components from the 30s and 40s.

I want to thank you all for encouraging me to join and I look forward to a strong and continuing relationship with you all.

littlehalfpipe

New in Town
so, I'm finally coming out of the woodwork

My name is tori and I caught the vintage bug from my mother and grandmother who are both obsessed. My grandmother, who is now 82, lived through the era and is still to this day the type of lady who must have her hair curled and lipstick done before she leaves the house. When my mom was a teen, she went through both a punk and a rockabilly phase. She kept all of her old clothes and I think I had more fun playing dress up then any other little girl on my street. :) I'm interested in anything from the first half of the 20th century and hopefully, from now on I'll post more often. :)

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Meow! I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Laura and I live in Brooklyn, but I'm originally from London. I just turned 25 (yikes!) and while I currently work as a photographer and retoucher, I plan on going back to school next fall to get a masters in Fashion History. I'm so excited! My favourite era is actually probably the late '60s/ early '70s when there was a forties revival that was just such an interesting mishmash of beautiful stuff, but I collect from the Victorian era on.

VintageVixie

I've been here before under a different screen name, but it was probably over a year ago ad I wasn't very active. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of changing email when I was ill and well.. duh because I didn't see the bright red letters that said NO GMAIL. lol So all the old posts are gone. It's okay, my life was quite different then so I don't really mind.

So anyway I've re-registered. I'm 38, in San Diego, and my big love is the ww2 era, and I also love the late 20s through 30s. I prefer to dress 40s but often do 50s because it's easier for me. I love 1940s kitchens, clothes, music, and radio.

That's it I guess. :) Oh I am trying to build up my 1940s look, and I need to especially find maternity patterns. I know there is a thread somewhere for that. I'll have to search for it.

bronzewolf

New in Town
Hi my name is Shirley, fairly new here, found this site when i was researching makeup for a film my partner is doing. I'm 38, live in UK for 9 years now, previously from South Africa.... love most things vintage and antique and like a little bit from all era's..... im loving this site and what people have etc... also liking the vibe of this forum board, alot of helpful friendly knowledgable people :)

Songbird

New in Town
I'm 24 and my life is a musical. My family's BIG into music, we all play instruments sing old classics together constantly, you never know when Ella Fitzgerald will come bursting out of the kitchen or when a Betty Hutton special will blast out of the pipes of my 14-year old younger sister.

Along with my musical endeavors, I've also been tap dancing for about 15 years. Not only did my teacher imbue in me the essence of Broadway tap, she also set aside time in the lessons for walking like a lady, sitting like a lady, getting a good education and encouraging us to pursue our dreams. I can still remember my favorite pair of dance shoes, they were bright silver high heels that would blur when you tapped fast enough. I mourned the day when I grew out of those magic shoes ^^

I approach my wardrobe with the sense of a costume designer. From the Victorian period to the present I have an outfit for every era and I thoroughly enjoy giving each era a day to shine. Monday's theme might be "modern fashion editor for vogue" and Tuesday's a "40's film star in Paris". Of course these are usually tailored for every event so even if I'm baking a pie, or gardening, I think finding the perfect outfit makes the event that much more fun. Think "Secondhand Lions" ^^

I love old radio, The Jack Benny Show is one of my faves though truth be told I love them all and constantly listen to them as I work on my various artistic projects. One highlight in my life was an Old Radio Show themed program I literally threw together for senior citizens in my church/community. We had singers, instrumentalists, swing dancers, tap dancers, Jello advertisements, a Flash Gordon episode with cast members standing in front of old theatre curtains, dressed to the nines and reading from the scripts, sound effects and all. All thrown together in a little over a week. That was so amazingly fun!

As for "profession" I guess you could say I'm a freelance artist though it would be nice to find a job that actually earned money ;) I love visual development/illustration though my love of everything old has recently led me to a few other arts such as letterpress, bookbinding and book repair - which is helpful since I have a huge collection of old, and new, books.

So if you couldn't already tell with this rather lengthy introduction, I have ALOT of interests. I believe that life is worth living and if I have my way I'll just continue learning new things each and every day - from taiko drumming to dressmaking to creating the perfect piece of candy sushi - till I die.

Songbird out.

Redifer

New in Town
Hi there!

I'm Jennifer, also known as "Redifer", as you might notice. ;)

I'm 23 years old and live in Buffalo, NY. I found FL on a google search for a hairstyle!

Anyhow, I am enamored with all things glamour. Vintage, of course, fits in with that interest quite nicely. Not to mention, my mother/aunt/grandmother/great-grandmother instilling in me a healthy appreciation for antiques, vintage, and "the old-fashioned way of doing things".

Can't wait to get to know you fabulous ladies!

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Another newbie checking in. I was directed to this board from a fellow member of another, unrelated board. We were discussing classic hats, styles, movies, music, etc. and this place was mentioned. I've lurked for several months and only recently registered. I almost always prefer old things to new, and I absolutely love music, movies, and fashion from the 20s and 30s. In regular, everyday life I feel a bit like a misfit for appreciating these things, but here I get to see that I'm not alone. :D This place practically oozes with class!

Mariposa625

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm a student with growing interest in vintage-era dress and lifestyes. I stumbled across The Fedora Lounge when I was doing my usual internet search for retro clothing. I've been lurking around reading a lot of the threads and I am soo excited to have all this information at my fingertips! I've already put some to good use.

My favorite eras are WWII and post WWII.

Look forward to getting to know all you ladies soon. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran