Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Bonjour

Greetings girls!

My name is Darlene, and I have been watching Fedora Lounge on and off for a year an a half now and finally found myself a paid email address! Excited to finally be on board and get to know everyone who share my same passion. I adore anything vintage. I am a general vintage collector for 10 years now and my favorite years in fashion are 1930s & 1940s & (Victorian-Art Deco). Somethings about myself, I love making things, I'm a vegetarian, I love old movies, I love jazz music, and I read a lot.

So hello everyone!

D.

JWCoffey

New in Town
Emarld City Newcomer // JWCoffey

Lounge -

My name is Justin Coffey and I hail from the city of gray and rain, Seattle, WA.

I am the editor for a motorsport news and culture website (www.coldtrackdays.com) and a connoisseur of the finer things in life.

An avid traveler, I can often be found trackside or in the media tent at a number of race circuits both here in the states and internationally.

Have been a fan of the Fedora Lounge for sometime, first stumbling upon a thread when in search of a replacement for the Stanley & Stanley safari jacket my father gave me.

I will visit often and lend my input when I feel appropriate.

Hope that suffices. Until next time.

2581595290_c8860e2873.jpg

Lokar

A-List Customer
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on and off on these forums for about 9 months. I developed an interest in hats (and suits) about a year ago, and after searching for information online I stumbled upon the Fedora Lounge. It proved invaluable in developing my knowledge of hats, and I recently thought about the lounge and decided I should return and join the community.

As for myself, I'm called Alex Milburn, I'm originally from Wiltshire in the United Kingdom, but I moved to Sweden to be with my partner (now fiancée) 2 years ago. I'm getting married in May and cannot wait! I am studying Swedish so that I can function properly in Swedish society, as although most Swedes speak English at a very good level, it's easier for them to speak Swedish, and if I don't I'll never integrate myself into the culture.

I don't own many hats - I have a vintage Bowler which I very rarely use, and two cheap new trilbies - but I plan to buy more (I'm constantly looking for a black homburg and any attractive fedora). Unfortunately, hats, especially vintage, are very hard to find in Sweden. The next time I visit the UK I plan to hunt around in London for some nice hats.

Lastly, I'd just like to thank the people who run the lounge, and the people who have provided information to those of us lacking.

Bunny

New in Town
Well, I guess I'd better just jump in with both feet!

I've been coming to FL for hair info for about a year now and finally decided to join last week. I've been wearing vintage clothes since high school (mainly because I just didn't like the idea of looking like everyone else), but didn't really come to appreciate vintage clothing and the Golden Era until university. I broadened my knowledge of vintage clothing working in a great vintage store and a costume shop here in Winnipeg.

I'd love to dress vintage every day, but cold Winnipeg winters (-50 C with the wind chill that's -58 F) keep me from it. (On those days I wear my sparkliest rhinestone jewelry! lol!) But I make it up in the summer wearing only 40's and 50's dresses!

I also love pin up art and burlesque. Dita is currently my fashion icon.

Before this ends up being too long, I'd just like to say how excited I am to have finally joined and I'm looking forward to meeting people with the same interest in vintage as me!!

Miss RM

Familiar Face
Hello! I'm new around here, too. I've been lurking rather obsessively since I discovered this site and *finally* managed to get a paid email account so I could join!

Karen

Brinybay

Practically Family
JWCoffey said:
Lounge -

My name is Justin Coffey and I hail from the city of gray and rain, Seattle, WA.

I am the editor for a motorsport news and culture website (www.coldtrackdays.com) and a connoisseur of the finer things in life.

An avid traveler, I can often be found trackside or in the media tent at a number of race circuits both here in the states and internationally.

Have been a fan of the Fedora Lounge for sometime, first stumbling upon a thread when in search of a replacement for the Stanley & Stanley safari jacket my father gave me.

I will visit often and lend my input when I feel appropriate.

Hope that suffices. Until next time.

How cool, another Seattle person! There's at least a few of us hanging out here. So besides your jacket, what vintage stuff interests you?

JWCoffey

New in Town
Brinybay said:
How cool, another Seattle person! There's at least a few of us hanging out here. So besides your jacket, what vintage stuff interests you?

Seeing as how I am a motorsport journalist, vintage automobiles are certainly of interest. Owned quite a few in my time, to include a 1967 MG-B roadster, 1968 International Scout 800 and a few BMW's...

Beyond that, I have to say I am fond of single vented two button suits, good travel jackets (hence the safari coat), small brimmed fedoras (don't look good in the full size ones...), and just about any vintage bag, be it brief, weekender or otherwise. Oh, and I can't forget boots. I pretty much live in a pair of mid-ankle, oak colored Chelsea's.

Grew up with an antique dealer for a grandfather and a mother obsessed with antique furnishings and late twenties silhouettes.

There is more, just give me bit to sort it all out :)

pic of the MG-B below...

2412258928_699f3af385.jpg

Kadri

Familiar Face
Hello!

So nice to finally be on board!
Just like so many others,I've been lurking for quite a while.;)

My name is Kadri and I come from a small country named Estonia-do not feel disheartened if you're not sure where it's located.Most people don't ;) .

I'm 21 years old and currently a student of bibliography but try to devote most of my time outside my studies to exploring vintage lifestyle,including fashion,movies,music,literature,architecture and art.I am also interested in folklore.

I love to knit and crochet,but am not very skilled at either,I'm afraid,so I try to stick to small projects.Some of these days I would love to take up sewing.

While I do love dressing vintage,I'm afraid I like to mix eras.Plainly because real vintage clothes are EXTREMELY hard to find around here.

My favourite decades are the 20's and 30's,but I'm also quite fond of the 40's and the Victorian era.

I am looking forward to meeting nice,like minded people on here.

And just for the record ladies-you are all so extremely inspirational with your style and skills!

And finally-here's a pic of me :

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Darlene, and I have been watching Fedora Lounge on and off for a year an a half now and finally found myself a paid email address! Excited to finally be on board and get to know everyone who share my same passion. I adore everything vintage. I am a general vintage collector for 10 years now and my favorite years in fashion are 1930s & 1940s & (Victorian-Art Deco). Somethings about myself, I love making things, I'm a vegetarian, I love old movies, I love jazz music, and I read a lot.

This Place is Addicting!

D.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone!

I've ended up in the Fedora Lounge many times during my Google searches, and it also has been recommended to me a couple of times, so I finally decided to register :)

I am looking forward to being a member of this great community :D

swanky_frankie

New in Town
Hello everyone,
I am very honored to be part of this wonderful community!
So many things to learn, discuss & share...I seem to cant get off this computer! :)

Cheers.
-F

vxt22

New in Town
Hello. I'm Cody. I love fedoras, bricks, wool, and solid, non plasticy materials. That sounds odd, but I like things of quality, thing built solidly. And I think the 20s and 30s exhibited a style simply not seen nowadays.
Anyway, I'm a civil engineering student here in Chicago looking to get started dressing like a slick cat from eighty years ago. Since I don't really know where to look for old style clothing, vintage or no, I'm on here to learn.

missfire

New in Town
I just found this site today and am happy to have joined. I love vintage clothing and jewelry and I'm a big antique collector as well. My favorite hobby is researching and finding furniture for our 1913 American Foursquare home.

Happy to meet everyone here!

Jennifer

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Jennifer

Welcome to the Lounge. I live in New Berlin. It's nice to other Wisconsinites on here.

missfire said:
I just found this site today and am happy to have joined. I love vintage clothing and jewelry and I'm a big antique collector as well. My favorite hobby is researching and finding furniture for our 1913 American Foursquare home.

Happy to meet everyone here!

Jennifer

missfire

New in Town
hotrod_elf said:
Welcome to the Lounge. I live in New Berlin. It's nice to other Wisconsinites on here.

New Berlin! You have the best Good Will there. I have had such luck with finding some real treasures there.

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
Hello All,

I'm 51 and live at the foot of Virginia's Blue Ridge mountains.
Lately I've been trying to catch up on all that's offered at this site. Not an easy task where some threads span years rather than days, but what a gold mine.

A few of my hobbies/intersts:

Hiking, mountain biking or camping

Old West and Blackpowder firearms

Reading, mostly history

Backyard astronomy

I also play guitar. My main influences are Django Reinhardt, Charlie Christian, Oscar Moore,
Merle Travis and Cliff Gallup though my playing would never be confused with any of the above.

And of course the style, music and film of the 20s - 50s.

That's enough for now, great site!

rmcel

New in Town
Hello everyone! My name is Ryan. I have been a long time lurker and finally got off my lazy butt and joined. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the great threads and cant wait to join in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21