Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hello and Welcome B&W!

How wonderful to hear that you are a dancing master! What dances do you teach?? I am assuming swing dancing?

I like Frank Sinatra's music because many of his songs are good for dancing the Foxtrot! If you like the rat pack- have you heard the song "Sway" sung by Dean Martin? Looking forward to reading more posts from you soon.

BlackandWhite said:
Here is a little “Hello” from Europe, Germany. Now than, as a new member of this wonderful lounge I step forward with a curtsy, like I do every week in my lessons as a dancing master.

I passionately go for the swing music - the rat pack and of cause Mr. Frank Sinatra are my favorites.

I look forward learning form you all and having cultured and intelligent conversations. Thank you all for keeping the lounge in this wonderful spirit.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
do you know the Chippies?
miss_killin said:
Hello there!

I live in Mesa, Arizona and just had a beautiful baby boy 7 weeks ago. Sadly, I returned to work on Monday, I manage an auto and residential glass shop at the moment.

I found this site just yesterday and am so thrilled! :D I absolutely love vintage fashion! I am so excited to learn from all of you ladies! I'm already making a mental shopping list, now I just need to learn how to sew! lol

BlackandWhite

New in Town
Thank you for the warm welcome chanteuseCarey

Thank you for the warm welcome

What a marvelous coincidence, you have mentioned “sway”
That is my favorite song for years! Yes, I am a dancer from the depth of my heart and gather every available version of this song. :) Actually I am a ballroom dancer and teacher. At the moment I am looking for a Swing Dancing Teacher here in Bremen, but that is a daring venture. Unfortunately Swing is not so popular in Northern Germany. :(

And what about you chanteuseCarey? I suppose you are a Foxtrot Queen? I really would like to see you dancing...

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Hello Everyone

Hello everyone, Im new here and Im a fellow hat lover. I look foward to chattin with other hat lovers on this forum about suits, hats or anythin else thats cool and classy.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Welcome, FS: you'll find many kindred spirits here, and lots of other types as well :rolleyes: But, seriously: one of the great things is that the variety of interests here is....huge. Hard to say exactly what the center is: hats (for some) the era (for some) WWII (for some)....and on and on and on. You'll find out about things you didn't even know existed, and have a great time doing so. I know...because I've been here just slightly longer than you have. Enjoy your stay!

"Skeet"

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
Hi From Southern Louisiana

I am a SAHM of 3 boys. I've been reading this forum off and on for quite awhile and finally joined. There is so much great information here!

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
Thank You Michael and Skeet for welcoming me to this forum. So far you two gentlemen have been the only ones that actually took the time to welcome and introduce me to the forum. thanks again

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
You're most welcome, FS: I'm sure no slight is meant...it's a big place, and people come on and off line at different times.

Some people have less time than others to play here, and there are MANY new faces....I'm one of them, and had much the same experience as you.

Just dig in there, ask questions, tell us what you know, and as your face becomes more familiar, I think you'll find most of the folks here very friendly--I have.

Welcome again,
"Skeet"

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]You're most welcome, FS: I'm sure no slight is meant...it's a big place, and people come on and off line at different times.

Some people have less time than others to play here, and there are MANY new faces....I'm one of them, and had much the same experience as you.

Just dig in there, ask questions, tell us what you know, and as your face becomes more familiar, I think you'll find most of the folks here very friendly--I have.

Welcome again,
"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

:) thank you for the kind words sir, i thought the samething that you said about that maybe some people just come in and out and dont have time to stay. but thank you for your friendly and warm welcome and i hope that you and michael dont mind that ive added you gentlemen to my buddylist since you two guys are the first members that i have met on here.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Welcome aboard, FS. I've been a member of the Fedora Lounge for two years this month, and I've always found it to be a friendly, informative forum filled with great people. You will, too.

Lee

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Fedord Spaniard said:
Hello everyone, Im new here and Im a fellow hat lover. I look foward to chattin with other hat lovers on this forum about suits, hats or anythin else thats cool and classy.

Fedord, I merged your introductory thread to this one for consistency.

Welcome to the Lounge.

Incorporeal13

Familiar Face
Hi Ladies!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the board, been looking a long time and finally decided to get an ISP addy so I could register. I adore these forums!

A little about me... I'm 21, I live in Kingsport, TN. I waitress in a little karaoke bar, which is way more fun and exciting than it sounds, I'm sure. I'm an avid collector of antiques (aren't we all?), I love crafts of any sort, I'm incredibly obsessed with music of all different types. I love thrift shopping, I always find something that is at least a treasure to me. I spend my off-time outdoors, with my 2 year old daughter, or with my wonderful boyfriend.

My favorite era's have to be... hmm. It's quite hard to pick. I'm overly fond of the 50's (I adore rockabilly), the 40's, and the 20's. And the 30's. Oh, gee whiz, who am I kidding? I love it all!

Anyways, it's great to be a part of such a warm and ritzy community, I can't wait to participate in it with the rest of you ladies (well, and gents!). Thanks ahead of time to all of you that make this site such a pleasure to spend time on!

:D

Oh, and Happy Easter, everyone!

helenhighwater

Familiar Face
Hi, I've procrastinated about joining for a while, so here I am!

I like vintage stuff, mainly 50s, and started off with the 60s in my teens, then worked backwards. I'm a librarian and in my spare time I sell repro clothing & accessories (some of you will know the site...). I also do poseuring. And knitting. And I'm fond of hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn