Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

twistedmisfit

New in Town
Hello :)

Hello
My name is Jess and I'm very new to this lovely site.
I'm from England and I'm only 15 but I love vintage fashion (wanting to be a fashion designer) especially the 20s and late 40s.
I'm so glad I've found a site which is all about that!
:)

xxxx

bunnybass71

New in Town
I'm not exactly new, but...

I've done lots of lurking over the past few months, and no posting! I'm from Dallas, and love the 20's-50's, with an emphasis on WWII England. I collect vintage patterns, movies, books and ESPECIALLY magazines, and I'm learning to sew. I've sadly just divorced and am enjoying learning and pursuing my own interests...

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
ShadyDell said:
My name is Jen and I am very new to the lounge. Still getting the hang of making my way around the site. A high school classmate of mine from many moons ago invited me to join. I live in Bisbee, AZ with my beau, Justin and we own a vintage trailer court called The Shady Dell and Dot's Diner (www.theshadydell.com).

We live and breathe the 40's and 50's and love to share this with our guests who come and stay. It is refreshing to see others who are crazy about collecting and dressing in this style too! I see that some of you will be attending Viva Las Vegas 2009. We will be there with our truck and 1956 trailer. It would be swell to meet some of you in person!

Jen :)

Someday Jen, I will come out to visit you at your lovely Shady Dell!! I LOVE your place!

RebeccaDoll

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies!

Long time Lurker, First Time Lounger.
I've been looking aroung here for months and just registered.
I'm a young Canadian, living in North Bay - It's still winter here!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone. I am a brunette that only just fell in love with her thick, brown lockes with the aid of this forum, just learning to curl, primp, and apply her lipstick, so please bear with me!

cecil

A-List Customer
Tulip said:
Good evening ladies! It's lovely to join this community. My favourite eras are the 30s, 40s and 50s - but not just for the clothes - the hats too (vintage hats are taking over my life and apartment)! Recently, I've begun to delve into the cultural side of things - movies, music, design etc.

Rosielee - I LOVE your hats! If my bank didn't hate me so much right now, I'd snap one up quick sharp!

See you flowers around xx

You have the most lovely hair! Care to share your secrets with a less clued-up gal? :D

DeCorslee

New in Town
DeCorslee calling

Bonjour à tous,

May I introduce myself: Rich DeCorslee, British expat living in south east France - between Geneva and Annecy for those who know the area.

I am an amateur singer-musician and a great fan of Al Bowlly, Connee Boswell (whose autographed portrait has pride of place above my home studio), Ray Noble, Comedian Harmonists, etc.

I enjoy singing those old 30s dance and swing numbers and will post a few links to my recordings if you agree...

Look forward to contributing to this fascinating and intriguing forum. By the, way, are there any other frenchies out there ?

A bientôt

RebeccaDoll

Familiar Face
My name is Rebecca, I live in the snow white winters of Ontario, Canada.

I'm a University student and in the Canadian Air Reserve.

I am easing into the vintage lifestyle, just hair and make-up on a daily basis being vintage. Just bought my first vintage coat and am dying to learn to sew better in order to tailor some dresses.

tbrunke

Familiar Face
Hello All!

My name is Terry and I just joined a few days ago. Stumbled across the site while trying to find a Fedora to buy. Read a thread about pomade, now am a true fan of Royal Crown. I am a 29 year old who lives in Denver. Have a beautiful fiancee who puts up with me, and is the most supportive woman in the world. Hoping soon for her and I to take a swing dance class. I also enjoy tinkering with old cars, and hope to someday have a nice 30's vintage convertible. Am getting ready to go back to school and enjoying living in the city!

I have been a true buff of vintage (30's-40's) music, movies, fashion, and all around lifestyle ever since I was a little guy in the early 80's. I used to stay up late at night watching American Movie Classics, with Bob Dorian, if anyone remembers him!

Love art deco architecture, and spent sometime last year seeing all the gorgeous art deco buildings in Detroit.

Am a big fan of Benny Goodman, and an avid listener to Radio Dismuke. Just love the big bands, sweet and swing, and the wonderful crooners.

For the movies Cary Grant is my favorite actor, but am also quite partial to Fred Astaire, James Cagney, James Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, George Raft, William Powell, etc............. You get the point!

As for the clothes, don't have too much vintage (though just picked up a nice 30's Gruen watch, thank you Ebay!), but love to dress nicely, sportcoats, suits, nice shoes etc. Know this is a Fedora Lounge sin, but have not got a Fedora yet! Though I am avidly looking!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I discovered this site a while ago, but decided to join the other day (my boyfriend will be joining up soon too...we're very excited to find a vintage site geared towards men!)

My name is Alyssa, and I'm finishing up my degrees in Historical Costuming and French. I actually like all the eras, although the '40s may be my favorite. I got into historical costuming sort of as a tribute to my grandma who was born in 1933 and studied fashion design at RISD. I sew reproduction vintage clothing for myself, and I'm also trying to get a store set up on etsy for reproduction vintage. I work in the largest commercial pattern archive, so I'm lucky enough to be able to buy vintage patterns whenever I want.

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
ShadyDell said:
My name is Jen and I am very new to the lounge. Still getting the hang of making my way around the site. A high school classmate of mine from many moons ago invited me to join. I live in Bisbee, AZ with my beau, Justin and we own a vintage trailer court called The Shady Dell and Dot's Diner (www.theshadydell.com).

We live and breathe the 40's and 50's and love to share this with our guests who come and stay. It is refreshing to see others who are crazy about collecting and dressing in this style too! I see that some of you will be attending Viva Las Vegas 2009. We will be there with our truck and 1956 trailer. It would be swell to meet some of you in person!

Jen :)

I have a friend who stayed at Shady Dell..they stayed in the boat. They loved it! I'm planning a trip back down to Bisbee and hope to stay at Shady Dell rather than a regular hotel. Last time I stayed I was in the Copper Queen. Wish I hadn't had the room above the bar on Halloween!!! Craziness in Bisbee!!!

BlackandWhite

New in Town
Dear Ladies,

I would like to say „Hello“ to you all. Thank you so much for being here and keeping the lounge in this outstanding spirit. I read the threads for 2 weeks and than I decided to join. You all are so wonderful, lovely and inspiring. I really would like to be a part of you.

My name is Henriette, coming from good old Europe. I do not dress vintage ( not yet ), but very classical and most of the time in Black and White :)
I love red lipstick and of cause a proper nail polish, high heels and corsets. I will get a new one next month. Waiting impatiently for the delivery.

It would give me a great pleasure to be a part of this lounge.

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
My name is Annie Mae. I'm currently residing in a little mining town in northern AZ. Everything here is vintage, including the house I live in (built 1935!). I'm 29 and currently work in land use law/planning/administration. I'm an archaeologist by trade, but working in a National Historic Landmark where everything is historic and of archaeological significance is a treat (despite the low pay).

I go dump digging quite a bit. SO MUCH FUN! I highly recommend it! I have quite the collection of old milk bottles, pond's jars, coke bottles, etc. I find bakelite items, personal items like pieces of children's toys, and even shoes! I have dug a few privies...now that's an experience. Have yet to find the ever elusive Jerome coke bottle (they bottled coca cola here, but only for two years between 1921 and 1922...those bottles are pricey and valuable!).

I'm a former burlesque dancer and roller girl. I'm coming out of my roller girl retirement to start a league here. Roller derby actually reaches back as far as 1922, but was modified in the 1930s as a competitive sport. The modern movement is predominately a female sport, but that's what makes it fun!

Burlesque, of course, is very old school.

I've typically been a rockabilly girl, but I have recently embraced a more "historical" vintage style, per se. I have always enjoyed the music of the era and was for many years heavily interested in the war era. I read books like crazy, but mainly from a European history perspective. I'm now coming to appreciate the American side of the 1930s and 1940s.

I've recently begun to explore the world of vintage makeup and hair styles. Have an appointment for a hair cut TOMORROW and will have a diagram of the middy/femme fatale in tow!!! Yay!

I'm so exited to learn from all of you!

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
Okay, I'll poke in and say "Hi".

Not much else to say, I'm a lover of hats and this seemed a good place to come hang out.

cynthiacolombo

New in Town
Intro

Let's see, I am mid 40's, married (he loves this stuff as much as I do), a researcher at the University of Wisconsin. I love to do all the home crafts, in spite of the fact I am a die hard feminist. :) I have just begun sewing and knitting vintage patterns. We are trying to do our Ranch house in a 40's 'established' style, With older pieces we find along the way.

I am still struggling with victory rolls and think I may need a tutor, the web videos and diagrams are not doing it for me.

My next project is to take my 1950's style kitchen and bring it back a decade. :)

Johnny.

New in Town
Wow, didn't even realise this thread existed! Well I guess now's the chance to introduce myself.

I'm Daniel, but I prefer the name Johnny (duh). Joined the Lounge after buying my Fed IV and I just love it. The atmosphere is wonderful, everyone is friendly, and the discussion is intelligent.

Mainly I'll hang around the Hat's table discussing Feds but I'll sometimes nip over to other places such as General Attire and maybe even the Powder Room to see what the ladies are talking about (tipping my hat at them first, of course).

I'm sixteen, so a non-alcoholic lemon lime & bitters for me thank you, I live in Australia, I'm average height and have blonde hair. Really started getting into hats (fedoras especially) once I started re-watching the Indy films about a year ago. Basically I'm here to talk about hats and have some fun.

Lovely meeting you all,

- Johnny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR