Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Nani

New in Town
Hi! I'm Natalie and I just recently got interested in dressing a bit more vintage. It started with me seeing a hair tutorial on youtube for pinup hairdos, and I've been messing with my unruly hair ever since! I've found it's kind of hard to do these styles if you have wavy hair that ends just above your butt...

I also have a new found appreciation for Rockabilly music and cat-eye makeup. So yeah, it's the "look" and music that drew me in, but I'd like to learn more about the "less superficial" aspects. I think I like a blend of the 40s and 50s, but I'm not quite sure yet.

I'm also quite fond of all things Renaissance, but this isn't the forum for that. ;)

Link

One of the Regulars
Hello all, I just joined the site and wanted to say hi. I've been wearing baseball caps most of my life and recently decided to start transitioning to something better. I've acquired a couple of flat caps, and I have a newsboy on order from Hat People. I'm interested in getting a fedora, but I don't know much about them, so a little Internet research led me here.

One quick question if I may: the only hats I've found around this small town are cowboy hats, and a cheap scala crushable fedora. Should a proper fur felt fedora be as stiff as a felt cowboy hat, or soft like these wool felt crushable hats, or somewhere in between?

Welcome all of our new folks! Important info - 15 posts! When you reach that number there are sections and abilities that will open up for you like PM and the events section. Remember a short post still counts as a post.

Roxy

Familiar Face
Hello, my name is Roxanne. I have been in love with vintage (especially the 1940's) since I was a little girl. I am now a stay at home mother of two and an avid crafter. I'm really looking forward to meeting new people that share my interests. It's going to be great to talk to someone who's eyes don't glaze over when you cant help but share your excitement over a new find. :rolleyes:
Cheers! :0)

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Allo, allo! New here so I thought I'd introduce myself. Hello! [angel]
I enjoy movies from the 1910's up to modern day, but I admit I have a soft spot (should really get that looked at, I guess) for silent films, and films from the 1930's and 1940's. Oh, and budget horror and sci-fi, sometimes the cheaper the better.
I also enjoy radio serials, and pretty much most music out there. Oddly enough, I have a hard time choosing between big band music and trance music as my fave genre!
Lastly, I'll read pretty much anything (Stephen King's grocery list, any one?).

Allrighty then, I guess that's about it for the literary dump (sorry 'bout that, I'll be much quieter in future). See ya around! :p

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Hello there! I came here as this appears to be "the place to be" when it comes to all things vintage ;)
I seem to really like 1930's fashion, but I also like 1940's fashion too. Been trying to get into sewing again - thanks to Wearing History, as I've purchased a few patterns lately (I've yet to show off my "new" Target bags in the neighbourhood, though - inside joke, no worries). Love all the hair and makeup, too. Pincurls frustrate me, but I have a book that is helping (Vintage Styles by Lauren Rennells - I think I spelled that wrong, sorry). Love the music too, but that's a little off topic here.

Well, then...I'll be around!

Miss N

New in Town
I have been religiously consulting this site for over a year!! I found the Lounge when I was looking for some hair tips and golly, the ladies here have the best information available I have ever found!!! I am 37 years old, live in Chicago, am a Chainmailler by profession and buy and sell vintage home and pretty things on the side. I love the look and gentility of the 30's and 40's and adore the classic pin up. Time to dive in!

The-Blue-Star

New in Town
Hello, I'm Hannah. I'm a student from the UK. I actually found this forum while I was doing a google search for how to do pincurls and I fell in love with it. I love 1920's up to 1940's in particularthough my idols are probably Mary Pickford and Lillian Gish. I look forward to chatting with everybody. x

Odile

New in Town
Hello, I have also been consulting this site for a long time (you've all been very helpful with my pathetic attempts at setting my hair), but finally decided to contribute. I have loved vintage clothing, accessories, makeup, hair, decor, etc. For a long time now, and am slowly working on replacing all of my modern clothing with vintage--I wear at least some vintage daily now. I especially love the 40s and 50s, but also the 30s, even though I have only found one 30s dress that fits my body right.
I am a fashion design student in Paris, and my love for vintage clothing is a big part of what inspired me to go to fashion school. I really can't stand "modern" clothing and have been designing things with a very strong vintage influence, although this does not go over well at all with my professors. I use vintage fashion silhouettes for bases, vintage fabrics, buttons, etc. and am always told that I am designing costumes and not fashion. But I am very inspired by the beautiful things that many of you make and reading your posts reminds me that I am not alone. I've posted a few times, but thought I should introduce myself. Thank you all and I look forward to chatting with you!

Beaubeau

New in Town
When I was younger, I used to read whatever pulp hero mystery novels I had gotten my hands on under the light of a sabbath lamp, and we were allowed to watch old black and white movies.

They were glamorous, exciting, and fun. What more does a young boy really need to spark an interest? My cousins, when I was very small, looked like they came out of the old movies, and my parents did my hair very similarly to what was the female fashion in the movies (I'm transgendered*), and I somehow stumbled upon here and joined up a year later.

*For those that get confused by this sort of thing, think of me as a boy who was raised like a girl (Like how Hemingway was dressed/raised as a girl in childhood). Hemingway is referred to as a he, and so should I be.

BombshellBettie

New in Town
Hi all! My name is Melissa and I'm new again here at the Lounge. I was here a few years ago but forgot my username etc and decided to start over. I am a burlesque dancer (Maddie Beaux), photographer, amateur milliner and have a couple websites as well. I love all things vintage but my favorite decades are 30's, 40's & 50's. I usually wear my full vintage garbe when I go to burlesque shows. I make my hats and some of my clothes and am looking to do more. I'm working on launching a pin-up photography business and am looking forward to my daily work revolving around my passion, excited to be back! =)

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Miss N said:
I have been religiously consulting this site for over a year!! I found the Lounge when I was looking for some hair tips and golly, the ladies here have the best information available I have ever found!!! I am 37 years old, live in Chicago, am a Chainmailler by profession and buy and sell vintage home and pretty things on the side. I love the look and gentility of the 30's and 40's and adore the classic pin up. Time to dive in!

That's amazing! How does one become a chainmailler? Do you have an etsy shop?

BlueMoonDame

New in Town
Hello, ladies! My name is Britt and I'm new here! I'm so happy to stumble upon this site as I've been following vintage inspired clothing for awhile and now have people to share it with! I live in Brooklyn, NY and also blog on the side. Nice to meet everyone :)

Rachell

New in Town
Hello, gals! I just want to introduce myself, as I have just joined The Fedora Lounge this weekend (finally!)... My name is Rachell, and I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I am currently living in South Carolina, as I am in the military and stationed here for duty. I have grown up in a very 1940's-inspired home my entire life, and I just love it so. As I grew older and moved into my own home, I took the style with me. I suppose you could say that is something I miss the most about life before the military - the vintage decour! I was working at a spa and teaching preschool just before leaving, and golly was it ever a blast to get dolled up on the daily to go to work.

I am very thrilled to be a part of the forum and hopefully get to know some of you. Welcome to all of the other new gals who have posted :)

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies,

I've just joined this week after lurking around for many months. I've already picked up loads of great tips from you all and look forward to getting many more.

Laura

jgaff

New in Town
Hi all -

New member here. I found the Lounge while researching leather jackets. I found lots of great info! Still trying to decide which jacket.

I've started to get interested in a getting nice hat and a good suit - two things I have never owned. I think my family and friends would be shocked ("I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!") to see me in both.

Sincerely

Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24