Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Welcome

Amandine said:
My name is Amanda. I found you wonderful people when I was searching for a better way to do a wet set and have been lurking ever since. :) I'm 22 and from Kansas City. I've always been fascinated with other eras, the 40's especially, though sadly I only occasionally have the time to get all dolled up. Other favorite periods in time include the Elizabethan, Colonial, Regency, and Victorian eras, as well as the 20's and 40's.

I can't gush enough about how wonderful everyone here seems and how excited I am to be a part of this community!
I am also new and found the forum the same way. I know some really fabulous people down in Kansas City.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Hello! I joined up a few days ago and am learning about the eras the lounge covers...it's alot of info to absorb!
I enjoy the 1940's most, and thanks for the post that let me know it was divided up into there periods...rather confirmed what I had thought. Every era has it's issues, but I really do think it was a simpler time. I don't know anyone near me who is interested in anything vintage. My in-laws like the 50's because that's when they were in high school, my mom and dad have 2 Model A's and a '57 Chevy. When I was younger we use to take them to shows and my folks still do from time to time, but they never really got into the day to day aspects of living that time period. When I find something I like, I dive right in and want to absorb it all, so the lounge helps me to have my little peice of the 40's world here in my country cottage :) Glad to have found ya'll!

claudiap

New in Town
Hallo!

Hi everyone.

My name is Claudia, I am 30 and although I was born in Lisbon (Portugal), I am currently living in England since April this year. :)

I have always been interested in fashion, especially 30's and early' 40's. It is good to know that there are more people out there genuinely interested in the same, and willing to share their knowledge.

I am also a professional photographer - if anyone has any free time please check my website www.claudiapatatas.com

I am looking forward to meet more people with the same interests

xoxo

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Thankyou ladies for all the advice and info, it's been really great so far! Not going for the sympathy vote or anything but things have been really horrid recently, my best friend of ten years has done the real dirty on me and my boyfriend has dumped me (ratfink) and to cap it all my son is away for the summer holidays, so you have been a real life saver for me.

buddy5909

One of the Regulars
Kansas City

Amandine said:
My name is Amanda. I found you wonderful people when I was searching for a better way to do a wet set and have been lurking ever since. :) I'm 22 and from Kansas City. I've always been fascinated with other eras, the 40's especially, though sadly I only occasionally have the time to get all dolled up. Other favorite periods in time include the Elizabethan, Colonial, Regency, and Victorian eras, as well as the 20's and 40's.

I can't gush enough about how wonderful everyone here seems and how excited I am to be a part of this community!

Welcome Amanda! Couldn't notice that you are from Kansas City also. How exciting! :D

B. Kleinsteuber

New in Town
Hello Folks

I joined in late July, but have visited for many months beforehand. I enjoy everything about the 1890s to the 1950's, of course mainly the clothing. I live in Wellington Ontario (Prince Edward County) which is a very popular summer tourist attraction. I'm 19 and from a young age I was loving and living history. I am so glad to find a group of gentlemen and ladies that enjoy the golden era too. I hope this is the start of a wonderful friendship. :D

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Hello

My fabulous username is courtesy of this very site which I found when I was searching google for a cabaret/pin-up/burlesque name to use. So Danke Fedora Lounge! :eusa_clap

I'm in my late twenties, live in Central London and I love vintage fashion and repro, in fact I just love clothes and dressing up. :D I acquire my clothes from a variety of sources; ebay, charity shops and I'm lucky that my Mum kept some of her old clothes and I fit them. Also have some of Grandma's 30's clothes but they're a bit too precious to wear very much.

I prefer the older vintage styles 20's - 50's as I find that's the most glam, although I do have a few gorgeous 70's pieces from Mum.

I do have trouble with accessorising....and the usual stuff like hoarding, I cannot bear to get rid of clothes. :eek:

wahine

Practically Family
Hi,
I have already written a few posts, but never really introduced myself.
Living in the middle of Germany, I'm a major student of Egyptology and Social Anthropology. I guess I've been a vintage lover probably all my life but I've never really had the guts to go vintage in every day life. So I keep that to parties and such. My favorite period is postwar to the late fifties (Elvis!), but I also love the earlier movies and music, especially American (the WW era in Germany wasn't such a good time as you know).
The Fedora forum I found when I looked for a new hairstyle for an Oldies festival, and I found so much more! It's just grand reading here, you people are all so stylish and I also like the atmosphere in the forum.
Hoping to get know some of you better,
wahine

CDSherwood

New in Town
Hi, I'm new

I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I've always enjoyed things from the past, but right now it's all about the hair for me. I've really come to enjoy the ritual of rolling or pincurling my hair. I often do large pincurls for soft waves, then a rosie the riveter bandana for going out. Then, in the evening I take it down and shake it out and it looks like I've spent ages styling it. I was really inspired by a set of photos I saw of some of the women working in factories during world war two and thought "Hey, these ladies are in coveralls, working on these big heavy airplanes, and they look more glam than I do on my best night out! I need to step it up!"

Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

:)

laylers

New in Town
Hidely ho there!
My name is Layla. I'm 35 and live in Hillsboro, OR, just outside Portland. I'm originally from this are, but was living in Chicago and plan to move back. I'm here, for now, to care for my mom.

I like reading and sewing. I love design aesthetics of the 20's-mid 60's, especially art deco, the new look, and WWII era fashions. I was a apparel design student, and plan to finish that up someday.

I have been in love with all things vintage since I was 12 or 13. I remember thinking I was weird because I wanted to listen to Glenn Miller and Elvis instead of Guns N Roses and Paula Abdul. And I remember being so in love with my first bright red lipstick, and how perfect it was.

I look forward to being here!

davidraphael

Practically Family
Hi all,

I just found this site - can't believe I never stumbled across it before.

I'm really into pre-war culture, particularly the 1930's. Big collector of music and have lots of Duke Ellington et al, as well as the British Dance Hall orchestras - Henry hall, Ray Noble and Al Bowlly, etc.

Also, I'm a big movie buff - put me in front of a Marx Brothers movie, a Bogart or a Hitchcock and you won't hear a peep out of me for hours. Days, in fact.

Very nice to be here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW