Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Hobart Arms

New in Town
Hello all. My name is Thomas and I am a 23 year old guitar player. I spend most of the year on the road which I love because it gives me the opportunity to hunt for vintage anything all over. I have had a deep love for all things of the golden age for years and was so happy to find a place such as this where others share my passion.

I collect a little bit of everything but mainly 40s leather jackets. I have owned several and am still searching for my holy grail (probably always will be) Right now I am between places but someday hope to buy an unrestored 30s-40s bungalow house to fill with all the things I have gathered over the years.

I am looking forward to reading and posting here on the Flounge. I cant wait to meet more people that have the same interest as me!

CFGriffith

New in Town
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to post a quick introduction. I'm Cynthia from the D/FW Texas area. I've been learning to sew over the past few years, and I think next year I may try to make a 50's dress. I also have an interest in 40's, but we'll just see what grabs my attention -- I already have such a long To Do List, who knows what will end up on my sewing table. I've mainly been focusing on 18th and 19th century outfits, even though I do have other eras that I like. I actually tried to avoid adding more as I only have so much room in my closet and budget, but yeah... we all know how that goes! ;) Several of my friends already have some of these outfits, and I do love helping them look for fun accessories while we're shopping at shows and shops. I've known about The Fedora Lounge for a while, but only recently signed up when I decided I'd try to look into these eras and start researching.

Best Wishes and thank you for letting me join! I already recognize some of you here. *waves!*

Mr. Sweet

New in Town
Hello one and all. Just recently discovered this forum and it feels like my type of spot. Have to make it a regular stop of mine on the train across the net.

Allow me to introduce myself, name's Jason but feel free to call me Mr. Sweet. I'm a mere 32 years of age and feel I'm in the wrong era. I'm an aspiring novelist, but then again seems just about everyone is. I'm also in the process of getting a small film company off the ground.

Seems I stand out in a crowd whenever I go out. A derby on my head and a trail duster on my back. Sometimes I get compliments and other times I get thugs trying to intimidate me. I expect to make myself a recognize face around here. I'll be stopping in daily. Just gotta get my fix of the Lounge.

ClaraBelles_Hats_etc

New in Town
Just joined.
I am a milliner / hat maker. I mainly make ladies' hats but Top hats and Fedoras for guys have been flying out the door as fast as I make them. Last year I made a huge, tall mad hatter hat for a guy with an xlarge head and steam punked it. That was incredibly great fun.
I LOVE late 1700's- 1950's hats, as well as Renn Faire headware. Making them is a very satisfying outlet for creativity.
I go everywhere in a hat. From Post Office - feed store - business meetings - social events. I even wear one to watch tv.

The Gentleman

New in Town
Welcome eveyrone.
I'm new around here as well, although I've registered a few months ago. I do more reading than posting!
I live in Europe, am studying computers and I love the "old" dressing styles of the early 20th century.
Oops, nearly forgot, my name is Christopher and I'm 18, which makes me one of the younger members of this forum.

Binary Blue

New in Town
Hi everyone!

I'm mainly a historical memorabilia/militaria collector.

I found this place while trying to find info on a greatcoat I wanted to buy for a Halloween costume (I ended up combining a Chinese SKS webbing set, the greatcoat, and a MK5 Turtle helmet for a WW2 Canadian soldier approximation). My favorite era is World War 2 (1939-1945).

I'm only 18, but I can definitely relate to what a lot of you have to say about the modern era, having some of those same opinions as well.

Mabel

New in Town
Hello! My name is Mabel, I'm in my 30's and I have a major obsession with vintage patterns and silk scarves. I own 3 sewing machines, the main one being a beautiful 1943 Singer, and I can babble about historical fashion until I'm blue in the face. :D (That goes for men's clothing as well.)

I also LOVE a well-dressed man, so I have been thoroughly enjoying all the pictures in the apparel section, of the fellas in their suits and hats.

dot1021

New in Town
I'm Tony, hailing from the Hunterdon county area of New Jersey, just east of the Pennsylvania border. Just found this web site about 2 months ago and I'm thrilled.

A lot of smart, informed people on here and I hope to learn a lot about vintage clothes. Can't say that I have a lot of vintage clothes myself (okay, none), but I do admire the look.

I'll try to add intelligent conversation if I can!

Tony

Captain Nemo

Familiar Face
Greetings. I am glad to see there is a new person thread here; I should feel rather uneasy at jumping right into a topic as my introductory post! I live in Texas and have been a lurker here for a while; I have enjoyed reading the postings and hope someday to be a productively posting member of this site. ;)

Warmest regards,
Nemo

Fräulein U.

Familiar Face
Greetings from Northern Germany

Hello everyone,

after lurking for over two years I thought it's about time to introduce myself and contribute a little, too. :)

I'm mainly into 40s inspired style with occasional excursions into the 50s. I don't strive for authenticity all that much - vintage inspired, repro or timeless dresses, suits, skirts, blouses and cardigans with girdles, corsets and stockings and some real vintage accessories will do. That's my everyday style and has been for years, I hardly ever look "normal". :) I hacked off my classic length hair a couple of months ago, too to be able to finally do pincurls and haven't looked back.

I learned so much here, thanks ladies! (I admit it, I almost exclusively snooped around the powder room and beauty forum.)

Q00028947.jpg

Hat'sThat!

New in Town
Hi!

I have already posted a couple of times but thought I would do a proper introduction on this thread.

I am a 23 year old from Oxford, England with a passion for anything from 30s - 50s. I started off as what I suppose would be called a WW2 're-enactor' but we have military vehicles as a family and therefore the uniforms to match when at events! I have always collected bits and bobs from this era, from earthenware pots to retro toys collected from vehicle events and steam fairs. Recently I have gravitated over to the 'ladieswear' side of things and finally grew out of my overalls! I have already packed out my wardrobe with beautiful vintage from mostly 40s and 50s and it is now starting to creep into my everyday wear (possibly because the only clothes I consider spending money on now are vintage).

HatsThatJ_zpsd05d21cb.jpg

Through learning about the 'Make Do And Mend' campaign in Britain during WW2 I have also got very much into crafting - in particular felt craft millinery. I have already begun making berets, tilt hats and my first attempt at a halo hat. I like to make them as I can tailor my hat to my outfit and can create one for any event! This forum has been the friendliest place to chat about vintage clothing and (perhaps obviously) hats! Everyone seems to be happy to share their knowledge which has helped me understand what I am doing a bit more. I love emulating the hats I see on film and on the heads of others and any help, information or inspiration anyone wants to send my way is much appreciated!

Hello everyone, after lurking for over two years I thought it's about time to introduce myself and contribute a little, too. :) I'm mainly into 40s inspired style with occasional excursions into the 50s. I don't strive for authenticity all that much - vintage inspired, repro or timeless dresses, suits, skirts, blouses and cardigans with girdles, corsets and stockings and some real vintage accessories will do. That's my everyday style and has been for years, I hardly ever look "normal". :) I hacked off my classic length hair a couple of months ago, too to be able to finally do pincurls and haven't looked back. I learned so much here, thanks ladies! (I admit it, I almost exclusively snooped around the powder room and beauty forum.)
Q00028947.jpg

Welcome to the lounge. Feel free to ask questions and discuss what you like about the vintage stuff. The new members find that at 15 posts you'll have some new areas open up and be able to sends Private Messages.

There's some serious conversation and really cool research or observations being posted and you'll find that there are a number of threads to discuss your opinions on all sorts of topics.

Miss Sabrina Fairchild

Familiar Face
Hi!

I have already posted a couple of times but thought I would do a proper introduction on this thread.

I am a 23 year old from Oxford, England with a passion for anything from 30s - 50s. I started off as what I suppose would be called a WW2 're-enactor' but we have military vehicles as a family and therefore the uniforms to match when at events! I have always collected bits and bobs from this era, from earthenware pots to retro toys collected from vehicle events and steam fairs. Recently I have gravitated over to the 'ladieswear' side of things and finally grew out of my overalls! I have already packed out my wardrobe with beautiful vintage from mostly 40s and 50s and it is now starting to creep into my everyday wear (possibly because the only clothes I consider spending money on now are vintage).

HatsThatJ_zpsd05d21cb.jpg

Through learning about the 'Make Do And Mend' campaign in Britain during WW2 I have also got very much into crafting - in particular felt craft millinery. I have already begun making berets, tilt hats and my first attempt at a halo hat. I like to make them as I can tailor my hat to my outfit and can create one for any event! This forum has been the friendliest place to chat about vintage clothing and (perhaps obviously) hats! Everyone seems to be happy to share their knowledge which has helped me understand what I am doing a bit more. I love emulating the hats I see on film and on the heads of others and any help, information or inspiration anyone wants to send my way is much appreciated!

I'm obsessed with vintage hats and have just applied for a millinery course. I love the idea of being able to tailor my hat to my outfit. Going to check out your blog now. Welcome to the lounge!

Last edited:

Kathleen'sMeg43

New in Town
Hi All!

My Name's Megan (Kathleen is my Grandmother) I'm 21, and live in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee.

I'm in love with the classic 30's & 40's/ WWII era, though I do stray in to others.

I'd say I'm fairly new to an "All vintage" life, I've only been at it for about a year now. And I do wear modern clothes as well. (I switch back and forth due to a limited vintage wardrobe. )

Well see ya'll around I guess!

blakegriplingph

New in Town
Hey guys! The name's Blake, although you can call me Huck. I'm a friend of TraditionalFrog, who introduced me into this lovely messageboard. I'm quite fascinated at the '30s to '50s eras, although as of now I don't have a vintage wardrobe due to lack of time and motivation to do so.

I can blame video games for making me step into the Golden Era - at least it helped me shape my tastes. :)

JessKelly

New in Town
Thought I’d introduce myself properly instead of popping up in threads without any context. I've always been interested in the 30s and 40s. I like many things about them and what I don’t like thankfully I don’t actually have to experience because I’m in the relative (ok, questionable) safety of 2013. It’s exciting to find somewhere which supports people keeping what I think are the best parts of those times alive: aesthetics, knowledge, values. In roughly that order too; I’d find it difficult to focus on the deeper things in life if I were distracted by myself or my house not being up to scratch. So hello, I’m Jess, you'll be seeing me around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner