Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Thin_Man

New in Town
Hello guys and gals

Just a brief introduction as I am feeling a bit under the weather. I am a midwesterner who has always fondness for things from the 20's era to 1950's. mostly focusing on prohibition and the crime stories and the movies that inspired by them. I found this site by doing some research on fedoras which I have had for well over 20 years or so this is nothing new to see me with out one. I guess that's all for now. I look forward to meeting you all in one thread or another and hope I can at least add something to the topic at hand.
Cheers for now
cr

Emmalia

New in Town
Hello! I'm awful when it comes to talking about myself, but eager to chat with any and everyone. I'm just getting back into the retro/vintage world, having been preoccupied with Elegant Gothic Lolita/steampunk/Neo-Victorian fashion for the last several years. That side of my closet is densely packed--now it's time to rebuild my 40s-60s wardrobe! I enjoy shopping and crafting, but one of my favorite things to do is to purchase vintage items that need a little TLC and repair them. (Right now I'm trying to learn more about jewelry repair.) I look forward to meeting all of you!

ABSSiegel

New in Town
I'm a total newbie to this Forum. I discovered it when my regular Forum (Smokers Forums.org was down for a few days), and I think this place is fascinating. I'm a 63 year old self-described codger who only recently discovered the joys of wearing a fedora.
Since I usually have a Kaywoodie in my kisser, I'm told almosy daily by strangers how I remind them of their grandfather or father. I grew up in NYC but have lived in Stamford CT for the past 30 years. I've been a corporate video producer as well as a middle school Math and Language Arts teacher. I hold a Masters in Education. That's enough about me for now. Happy to be here and hope to enjoy my visits to this Forum.

Last edited:

HauteTomato

New in Town
Hi! I am not technically new to the FL. I used to be on here under a different name, it's been a couple of years though. I live in Southern California, enjoy painting and the arts in general. All things crafty have a place in my heart! My interest in vintage goes back to childhood, and items I collect include (but are not limited to) compacts, purses, shoes, hats, and more recently perfume bottles. The 20's have always had a special place in my heart, the 30's and 40's as well. It's good to be back and participating again! So Hello, and hope everyone is well. :)

...Since I usually have a Kaywoodie in my kisser, I'm told almosy daily by strangers how I remind them of their grandfather or father.....

One of the benefits of smoking a pipe is the number of ladies, young and old, who tell you that it reminds them of their father/grandfather/favorite uncle, etc. Which is always a good thing, and often a VERY good thing. ;)

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I'm not new, but it's been ages since I've been here. Thought I would go ahead and reintroduce myself.

I live in Virginia and have a fondness for the 40's, though I am not full on vintage. I like to read, cook, bake, knit and sew and, inspired by Isis, am in the midst of making a 40's wardrobe.

boondooglejane

New in Town
Greetings and Salutations! I'm very new here. You can call me Jane. I grew up on old (1940s) movies and was raised by an American History teacher, so the past has always been a thing of interest. When I started learning American History, I really began to fall in love with vintage style and way of life. I hated shopping and all the modern styles until I found repros, and now I'm at risk of being a shopping addict. I wear pearls in various forms everyday, along with repro/close to repro dresses. If I don't have a repro to wear, I at least try to wear something classy enough to look a little vintage. My dream is to one day be thin enough to dress like a flapper, and also to make my own clothes. Many people recognize me as a classy dresser and even as a vintage dresser.

I'm currently studying to be a journalist, which is maybe only sort of influenced by His Girl Friday. I'm looking forward to learning how to better my vintage way of life through this forum. Thank you, all of you, for your existence. :)

LyraMae

New in Town
Hello, everyone.

I'm LyraMae, and I'm a long time lurker, but first time joiner. The 1930s, '40s and '50s are especially dear to me, with a specific passion for the aspects of hearth and home. I live in Canada with a great number of children (I'm told they're all mine), a husband, and a small but vocal menagerie. I look forward to having great discussions with you all.

Lucky Girl

New in Town
Hello everyone! Even though I joined this site in 2011 I'm more of a new member now...I didn't have a lot of time the last couple of years. But I will be a regular from now on!

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Hello! I'm also a new member, about a year now, and I'd like to say the years of following the lounge has helped me so much in finding the right pieces to my wardrobe and better find my style
20130712_144951.jpg

Lucky Girl

New in Town
Very cool threads by the way...also, I've been a member for about two years but I more like a brand new member since I've been on the site a lot more in the last few days...:)

VTporkpie

Familiar Face
Hello, and thanks for the welcome! I've been on sporadically for the last couple years, figured I'd step forward and give a friendly wave. Great site and glad to read/be a part of it.

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
Oops, I think I posted my introductory post in the wrong place yesterday. Oh well, I haven't received any notice that I've been banned already, so it can't have been too bad. I'm a British ex-pat living in Southwest Germany, on the edge of the Black Forest and just over the border with France. I live in a small town in a house that was originally built in 1895 and then extended and modernised 100 years later. I recently (about a year ago) got into wearing hats and am slowly but surely expanding my collection. This seems like a great place to hang out and I hope I can also make some positive contributions in the future.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Hello, all.

I've been in the Lounge for a short while, but haven't actually introduced myself. My name's Dave. I'm a history buff and fan of things vintage - particularly clothing between the Roaring Twenties and late '40s and of Indiana Jones (well, the 1st and 3rd movies anyway. Of course, all this helped form my fondness for the fedora hat, and when I stumbled upon TFL, I knew I'd found a home!

Fortunately/unfortunately I've reached the age where now if I wear one of my more snappy lookin' fedoras I'm not some young guy makin' a fashion statement, I'm instead just some older guy wearin' a hat! Oh well; any day ya can wear a hat is a great day, I always say!

Barton Keyes

New in Town
Hi Everyone...

I hope it's ok, if I reply here. I'm a guy, I see a lot of the responses in this thread are from women, but the original post says for "ladies and gents" to step forward, so here I go.

I love the Fedora Lounge. Why? Because I now know that there are people out there like me... who love the forties and wish they could live in the forties. I'm sitting here wearing a WWII overseas cap (Signal Corps). I just got it to match my recently purchased Ike jacket, which I'm going to bring to a nearby Air Force Base to have my WWII tech sergeant chevrons and Army Air Corps patch sewn on. What compels me to do this?

Well, at this point who cares... I love my Ike Jacket, my four vintage typewriters from the 40's (the Smith Corona fits right in with my Signal Corps military uniform), my Western Electric 302 telephone sitting here on my desk (that still works). I love the simplicity of the lifestyle, the way in which the world seemed a much better place (despite the war), and just the all around goodness of the period.

Well, that's it, I hope to make a lot of friends here and have good conversations. I live in Massachusetts. Anyone know of any events coming up along the lines of the 1940's ball that was recently held in Colorado? I told my wife I wanted to go next year, but she's not fully "on board" with my vintage hobby at this point!

All the best,

Barton

newsman

One of the Regulars
Hi there! I'm Newsman. Got the nickname a long time ago because I'm a news junkie. I was also, at one point, a real life newspaper journalist and editor. Among other things in life.

I am a huge history junkie. It was my major in college! That and journalism. That was back in the old days when you could double major without paying through the nose for it.

My interest is anytime in the 20s-the 50s. Specifically the years leading up to WWII and the war of course.

I asked to be let in to the lounge because it seems you dig the same things. :)

-Newsman-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner