New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Lauren, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge. I'm sure you will find a lot of helpful information here, as well as a lot of really helpful people.

Vintage Missus likes this.
  2. Bluesman60

Bluesman60 New in Town

Hello, everyone. I've posted here a few times and I'd like to introduce myself. My username comes from my favorite guitar amp, a 1960 Fender Bassman. I like things that last, things that are made well, and things that transcend temporary fashion trends. I like anything that is cool. I'm a blues guitar player and I do various other things to pay the bills (which my Master's degree in history doesn't do). I'm cursed with a big 7 3/4 head, which prevents me from joining you in the vintage club, but I spent a lot of time with the World War II generation, which means I understand a man isn't fully dressed unless he wears a good hat. I appreciate all I've learned from this forum and I hope I can contribute something.

3. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Welcome to the Lounge! I have the "7-3/4 curse" too, but I enjoy hanging out here and looking at all the nice vintage hats. It's a good way to learn what you like and don't like, and to turn these preferences into a nice custom hat or two (or three, or...). As much as I've always appreciated hats, it's the atmosphere of this forum and the fact that it deals with all kinds of vintage topics that keeps me interested in visiting often.

Take care!
    Regan

Big Man likes this.
  4. Artifex

Artifex Familiar Face

Greetings, all!

A couple of years ago, I stumbled upon this forum. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a large group of knowledgeable and well-mannered eccentrics. Neither are common qualities online, nor even among humanity in general! I've been lurking here, off and on, since then. That is purely as a bystander, you understand - and yet I've somehow reached the point where:
    • I won't leave the house without a hat
    • My watch is nine decades older than I am
    • My favourite music venue is an art-deco picture palace with a cinema organ
    • I spend weekends working around steam locomotives
    • Pens are something I refill from a glass bottle
    • People are asking why my clothes are so old-fashioned
    All that considered, I thought it high time I signed up for an account!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  5. Big Man

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge.

6. Artifex

Artifex Familiar Face

Thank you, sir!
    Also to the kind member of staff who helped with account activation. It is much appreciated.

Big Man likes this.
  7. Spagelo

Spagelo New in Town

I've always been into fashion, and a lot of what I like is outdated by the day's popular standard, so I'm naturally very much into vintage. I wanted to find a place where others with similar interests would congregate and build a library of info for my use, and perhaps where I could share my own knowledge just as well. So I was directed here, and although this account has been dormant for a good two years now, I'm ready to start using it.

Vintage Missus and Big Man like this.
  8. Big Man

Welcome back to the Fedora Lounge.

9. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

I guess I'll introduce myself before I just start popping up in random threads.
    I've been lurking around the boards for a little while now after most google searches about fedoras led me here.

I started wearing a fedora back when I was doing accounting work. Walmart was what I could afford, so Walmart is what I wore, but the simple addition made me stand out at the office and became a signature.

After working several jobs that not only had a more relaxed dress code, but actually required me to be dressed down (I got threatened with a suspension at one job after the other guys complained that my attire "made them look bad"), I've decided that I need to break out of the perpetual casual-Friday that I seem to be living in and get back to what I think is proper.

I tend to be everyone's go-to tech guy, but I prefer a more classical styling.

I recently purchased my first legitimate fedora after absorbing as much information on them as possible from this forum: a caribou grey Stetson Saxon. I also purchased a Panama that I am very much looking forward to wearing once the weather warms up on a consistent basis.

Big Man likes this.
  10. Big Man

I can relate to that, as something similar happened to me a number of years ago. I took the "trouble" I got into as a compliment (as should you). Looking sharp is always a good thing.

The Jackal likes this.
  11. Geenee

Geenee New in Town

I would like to say hello.
    My adventure with hats began with Akubra Cattleman and generally, I stayed with this brand. The Fedora Lounge was recommended to me by ladies from The Hattery, Trudi and Naomi. I hope that our relations will develop positively.
    Thank you for joining me to yours community.

Big Man likes this.
  12. Big Man

Tiki Tom and Geenee like this.
  13. Héctor Fernández

Héctor Fernández One Too Many

Just stopping real quick to say hello and to briefly introduce myself. My name is Héctor and found out about the Fedora Lounge while doing some research about hat pins. I am retired and currently live in northern NY where I can wear my Stetsons without getting too much grief :) I enjoy talking about watches, golf, guitars, art, and, of course, hats.

Thank you to the Fedora Lounge administrators for the opportunity.

Kindly,

Héctor

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Woodtroll, Fading Fast and Big Man like this.
  14. heron163

heron163 One of the Regulars

Welcome!

Northern NY? I can't even take the summer weather... it is beautiful for about two weeks!

Héctor Fernández likes this.
  15. Big Man

Héctor Fernández likes this.
  16. Héctor Fernández

That’s true. I feel like I’m going from winter to winter while skipping everything else. Having said that, I enjoy getting up in the mornings and drink a cup of coffee while staring at Whiteface Mountain, pretty neat.

17. Héctor Fernández

Thank you!

18. Paradoxical

Paradoxical New in Town

I recently got myself a few golden-era style hats. I read a few hat-related threads on the forum as a "guest" but figured I should join... if only to be able to click "like" on the posts that I like.

I like the technology of past ages. I have a cathedral radio in my home office (the one I used as avatar for this forum) and plan to eventually acquire a jukebox from the '40s. My wife and I also like to watch old movies and TV shows. For the 4th of July we watched Footlight Parade, which neither of us had seen before. It was fantastic!

1967 Hatman and Big Man like this.
  19. Big Man

Welcome to

Paradoxical likes this.
  20. Paradoxical

Paradoxical New in Town

Thank you, Big Man!

Big Man likes this.