Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

donCarlos

Practically Family
playbelle said:
I'm way up to the north-east of you both, but from the same always-lumped-together behind-the-Iron-Curtain area nonetheless! So there are a few of us here. :) As for the clothes from the era, yes, unfortunately so few have survived the turmoil of those decades at all... And anything from the years before WWII, forget about it, hopeless. :(
I´ll guess - Estonia?(if yes, then Tere!) I´m lucky that my grandfather was quite often abroad, so we have some "family gold". He never wears these things, so I think I´ll come for a longer visit...

playbelle

New in Town
donCarlos said:
I´ll guess - Estonia?(if yes, then Tere!)
:eek: How did you know?? Wait, if I say I'm way up north-east from Poland then I guess that is the logical guess. But for a moment my jaw really dropped when I read your reply, hehe. lol
My mother's father was quite a fancy dresser in his time (in addition to being an altogether unpleasant person and always having a lover on the side), always with a nice suit and a hat. None of his stuff survives though.

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
playbelle said:
:eek: How did you know?? Wait, if I say I'm way up north-east from Poland then I guess that is the logical guess. But for a moment my jaw really dropped when I read your reply, hehe. lol
I was going to guess Estonia, too! :p

donCarlos said:
GwenLake - Yes! But it´s definitely not the best place for us, vintage style lovers. The 40´s and 50´s were not exactly the best years and it´s not easy to get some clothes (or anything) in good condition from the golden era...

Yes, a lot of the clothing has been ripped to shreds through wear and tear. Not to mention much of it wasn't very pretty to begin with.

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
Greetings!

Golly!! this is great!!! I was trying to add fo a while now and finally I did. I love browsing through the powder room and learning from all you wonderful ladies about everything from clothes, make-up and what not...great job ladies
=ritzy=

Smuterella

One Too Many
alexandra said:
I feel sad there aren't a bunch of ladies from around here.

I am torn on this one, I both want to know people who are into the same thing and and awfully protective and territorial about it. girl jealousy. not nice.

Ty'sBaby

New in Town
Hi Guys!
Just joined The Lounge a little while ago and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm from Northern Ireland, 32 and single (watching so many old films and falling in love with so many gorgeous leading men when I was growing up sorta gave me high expectations - I've just never found the passion and romance and leading man material in real life. [huh] Still hoping to find my own version of Tyrone Power one of these days though...)

Thanks to my grandfather I grew up on a diet of Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers, Swing music and black and white films and have been hooked on that era ever since.
When my fellow school classmates were watching teen flicks and reading "Sweet Valley High" books, I was reading everything I could on World War 2 (particularly passionate about the music and also the airforce at that time - I was an 11 year old who could name nearly every aircraft, air base and squadron leader that took part during the war years), and watching as many silent films as I could find.

I've never found anyone else who shares my interest in the great decades of the 1920's - 1940's, and sometimes it can get pretty lonely :cry: ...so when I stumbled across this fantastic place by accident one day I nearly died from happiness! Not only a place where I can discuss my passions in life, but I can also pick up tips on how to recreate the hairstyles and fashions!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and being part of some great conversations in the future.

Charbeau

New in Town
Hello all, I am brand new to the Lounge. I stumbled across the site a few days ago when I was searching the internet for 40s hairstyles (I am a hairstylist). I've been lurking for a few days and decided it was time to say hello. :)

Charbeau

New in Town
I am brand new to the Lounge, stumbled across the site a few days ago as I was searching for 40s hairstyles (I am a hairstylist). I actually got my start helping my grandmother pin curl and roller set her hair on Saturdays in preparation for church on Sundays when I was around 10 years old! I love the elegance and drama of the make up and hair worn by women in the first half of the 20th century. And the clothes, ah the gorgeous clothes.

So, hello to all, so glad I've found this forum!

olive bleu

One Too Many
alexandra said:
I feel sad there aren't a bunch of ladies from around here.

I know what you mean..but I have NEVER been surrounded by people who are into what I am in to.Not when I was 16, not now that I am 41.No one reads the books i read, listens to the music I like, dresses like I do, eats the food I like..heck, I get stares because i wear a skirt to work.. IN An Office!!

It just really makes you love this place so much more:)

olive bleu

One Too Many
Charbeau said:
Hello all, I am brand new to the Lounge. I stumbled across the site a few days ago when I was searching the internet for 40s hairstyles (I am a hairstylist). I've been lurking for a few days and decided it was time to say hello. :)

Welcome Charbeau, it's incredible how many of us ended up here because of a hair questlol

alexandra

Practically Family
I just want to have everyone I know pretend it's 1942 all the time and then when real people are around we just ignore them. It would be the most intense reenaction of all time...forever!

shmu

New in Town
New to Lounge

Hi i am Sheila I found this site whilst looking for Vintage Lutterloh patterns. I have just taken up dancing in the last year, it is costing me a fortune in clothes. i have to adjust my clothes frequently becaust I now dance three time a week as well as keep family and work comitments. i love west coast swing, rock'n'roll and french jive but i can fo many ballroom dances best love there is Argentine Tango.

I live in bonny Scotland and the weather today was fantastic lovely clear day but coming into the lounge made the day.

shmu

New in Town

Hi i am Sheila I found this site whilst looking for Vintage Lutterloh patterns. I have just taken up dancing in the last year, it is costing me a fortune in clothes. i have to adjust my clothes frequently becaust I now dance three time a week as well as keep family and work comitments. i love west coast swing, rock'n'roll and french jive but i can fo many ballroom dances best love there is Argentine Tango.

I live in bonny Scotland and the weather today was fantastic lovely clear day but coming into the lounge made the day.

missjones

New in Town
hello

hello, ladies... i'm missjones and i found the lounge a few weeks ago. i've been lurking and learning since - it seemed to be high time that i said hello and introduced myself instead of peeking in the windows. :eek:

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
hello all you new ladies!! It's so awesome to know that people all over the world are into the vintage lifestyle! Thought I was the only one all this time and never even knew all this existed until November haha yay! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo