Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
'Ello there,
My names Morag. I've been lurking here for quite a while. I'd say my favorite era right now is the 1950's. My favorite actor (or shall I say actress) would have to be Marilyn, what can I say?
I tend to wear something vintage probably 5 days a week, i tend to mix and match but I like to think I've got quite an impressive collection getting started. i tend to use the hair and makeup to make the look more authentic.
This is an excellent community. I'm really looking forward to being part of it :)

WhiskeySour

New in Town
Hello all,

Found the delicious FL linked from a few hat- and hatmakers' blogs, and just joined a short time ago. I've been struck not only by the sheer breadth of this site, but also by the wonderful and civilized spirit of sharing. I'm a theatrical costumer, specializing in costume props and millinery, and have already gleaned much valuable info. while scooting around here, especially regarding mens' hats. (Well, halloo!) Thanks to all for the lovely discourse!

If you threatened to kneecap me unless I told which eras called to me: I'm all over the map, but I always come back to art deco and streamline.

SiennaWu

New in Town
All about me

Hi all,
I discovered this site by accident, upon searching for aris allen shoes and am so glad I found it!
I recently became interested in vintage fashion, hairstyles and makeup this year. I'm a school teacher in a beachside town and work wear amongst my colleagues varies from suits, leggings, jeans, thongs (also known as flip flops if you're from the US) and even ugg boots. So really, anything goes, which gives me a lot of latitude.
My five and six-year-olds love my daily outfits and even have names for them (my pointy red shoes are 'crunchy apple' shoes, apparantly and my many berets are 'potato hats'). I have loved planning outfits for as long as I can remember and despite a brief punk phase, am very much into girly, ladylike vintage. I have lots of fun scoping out the local op shops with friends, as well as my biggest weakness, Ebay.
My favourite era is probably the 60's and older relatives give me advice on what was really worn back then, which is useful!
Makeup wise, I love red lipstick but generally save it for weekends. I love liquid liner too.
I am so lazy with my hairstyles, my hair is quite thick and wavy and I generally clip a piece up and leave the rest down. I plan to try out pin curling in the upcoming school holidays, so I will be checking the forum for ideas.

Sienna :)

Miss Scarlet

One of the Regulars
Good evening everyone,

I'm so glad I've been able to join this forum. It's so lovely so be able to discuss subjects with like-minded individuals. I'm into 1940s more than other eras, but I do have some early fifties style clothes. I'm currently in the process of re-hashing my wardrobe to be completely vintage. I love the old films and plan someday to have "the perfect family" and live as though I were in a 30s/40s/50s Hollywood film. Bit pie in the sky, but we can all dream. More than anything though, I admire "vintage" manners. I know times weren't perfect in the past, but good manners were certainly more desirable. I believe everyone has a right to be the way they are as long as they are polite and considerate.

I can't wait to meet you all!

Much love,
Laura

pimple

Familiar Face
hi everyone,
my name is kev and i'm in Orenge County California.
i like vintage styles a lot. especially around 30's-40's style.
favorite TV drama is Fugitive.
and my role model is Mr.James Dean and
Johnny Depp (he got some kickass style! doesn't he?)

NDW76

New in Town
Hello everybody. My name is Nathan and I am an Australian English teacher working in Bangkok, Thailand. I moved here about three years ago with my wife who is Thai. We both love the lifestyle here, so much more relaxing than back in Australia.

As for things vintage, I am a collector, user, and restorer of straight razors and shaving brushes.

I started wearing a fedora when I noticed my hair was getting a little too thin on top and the sun was hurting my head.

Now I don't get a sore scalp and I also look good.

DStuttgen

New in Town
I'm a relatively new member

I don't remember how I stumbled upon this site but I sure am glad I did. I signed up right away. I have enjoyed hats since I was a youngster. I used to (still do actually) pick up hats as a kid in thrift stores. A couple years ago I purchased a Top hat from berkleyhats.com and then a bowler. Then what they called a gangster hat. Nothing expensive but I enjoy them and still wear them.
Then I discovered Hatcetera in Green Bay, WI and I bought a Homburg. So far that's the extent of my hats. I have always felt that I should have been born in a more genteel era but alas, I am stuck in this one. Anyway, glad to have found this forum and I am enjoying myself immensely.
Dan

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Obligatory Newbie Thread

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

While the user name is 57plymouth, as I use on all internet forums, my name is Brian. I live in a small town on the outskirts of Columbia, SC.

If found this site in a very roundabout way from ar15.com.

Anyway, I'm a gun nut, a home brewer, a Freemason, a Presbyterian (Oops, I mentioned religion...), a Stay At Home Dad, a graduate of Erskine College, a pipe smoker, and obviously an old car guy. In no particular order. I live in the house my great grandparents built before the Depression, and my beloved 1957 Plymouth was my great grandmother's last car. She bought it new, the only new car she ever owned. It was also my first car.

I figured I would look around a while. I'm in the midst of dropping a lot of weight, and I'm going to have to replace most of my wardrobe. My wife and I are into the 40's and 50's, so going with a sort of golden age / fifties lifestyle is just a hop skip and a jump. I've been a fedora man for about 5 years now. I only have three, so I need to step up my game.

Here's a shot from January 19, 2008 when I brought my little girl home from the hospital when she was born. Her first ride in my ol' Plymouth. (Of course the heater would go out that day!)
Picture070.jpg

Here's the car in all it's glory...

Picture002.jpg

The Sky Ranger

New in Town
Hello!
When I was looking for informations concerning fedora hats Mrs. Google sent me to this board. Have been lurking some time and now I've registered.
My hobbies are costuming and swordfighting.

I do costumes from several periods, be it middle ages up to Star Wars. During the last months and years I got more and more interested in the early 20th century and especially the 1930s. Very interesting time, when people still know about their pre-industrial 19th century roots but when modern world was about to be born with nearly everything that makes our today life typical: cars, airplanes, skyscrapers, telephone, very early "computers", travelling around the world, TV, etc.

Swordfighting: i practice medieval sword fighting and historical sabre fencing according to the 'German Cut fencing school', which means sabre fencing for gentleman's duel. Which was still practised in the 30s, at least in some parts of Europe.

I like those pulp magazines from the 30s. My favorite writer is Robert E. Howard but I also love aviation adventures from that time and adventure stories in general.

Okay, that will do it for today.
Greetings from Germany!

ClassicMan1966

New in Town
Greetings! My name is Robert and I live in Fayetteville, NC. I like to wear the Trilby style Fedora hat with a suit. Right now, I wear my hat with a polo shirt during the summer.

As for my interest, I collect old comics (Batman, Sgt. Rock, Shazam!) and completing a collection of old Tarzan and James Bond novels.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge. It's good to have you with us. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter as well ... :)

HomesteadHattie

New in Town
New to the Lounge

Hi all! I found Fedora Lounge while hunting a pair of saddle shoes. The ladies on that thread provided a lot of great info and commentary and since then, I've been hooked. Ever since I was young I've admired styles of the past. I love history, so wearing and making old clothes is my way of attempting to relive it.

You know you're an old soul when you're reading Reminisce magazine voraciously in your teens.

Anyway, I live in the backwoods and am building a farm, and I'm having fun adapting my love of vintage to a more physically demanding lifestyle. I love those old pictures of farm wives in their feedsack dresses and aprons. I have made myself lots of comfy cotton 40s-style housedresses that I wear every day.

I just know Fedora Lounge is going to be a constant source of inspiration.

panaflex

New in Town
A new guy tips his hat...

Hi all, I'm new here and just wanted to belly up to the bar, tip my hat and say hi.
I'm looking forward to exploring the site and having fun.
Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn