Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

LollyWillowes

New in Town
Hello.

I know what you mean, I have always felt about a hundred years out of date!
I'm interested in history and costume in general but the very late Victorian/ Edwardian era and up to WW1 really draws me for whatever reason. I tend to take a wander into others clotheswise depending on my mood. Good luck with your farm

panaflex

New in Town
Son_of_Atropos said:
Your first thread and it already got closed down. You will find that happens a lot here. Don't take it personal. Welcome to the lounge.

No worries and thanks for the welcome, this place is an amazing resource and the people seem friendly going by the posts I'm reading.
Thanks again.

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Hello ladies!!!

Greetings from So Cal! I was so happy to find this site! Ive always had a passion for the 1940's and 1950's!! My friends are all "trendy" so i never have anyone to talk or shop vintage with, so this site is heaven for me! I'm just a classic gal who loves swing,big band, and rock n roll, looking to make friends. Thank you lovely ladies for the welcome and for taking the time out of your busy days to help us newbees out with your tips and secrets!

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
I've already been around....

...But I should introduce myself properly.

I'm pretty new to vintage really (that sounds like an oxymoron). I think my interest first came when I saw Time Warp Wives over here in the UK and I was like "wow it's actually possible to live like that?!". I've only just get the confidence and money to start changing my wardrobe. Piece by piece - but I'll get there!

I'm a receptionist/administrator for a small charity but am looking to change careers to occupational therapy. I live in a tiny wee cottage in a really beautiful village. Annnnd. I love my pets! I have 3 rabbits (Pancakes, Rufus and Hazel); 2 tortoises (Tank and Nara) and a snake (Monty).

xxx

P.s this site is such a great resource for people learning about their chosen era/eras. I love it!

FAYEZY123

New in Town
!!! OH MY GOD, I AM NOT ALONE !!! :eek:

I can't believe this place is real! I don't know anyone who is into vintage as much as me! All my friends are into metal/ rock music. It's so good to know there are other people out there in the world that not only wear vintage clothing but are into the life style as well.

I collect clothing, shoes, bags (obviously, I AM a girl after all) records, jewellery, I have a wind up gramophone with some 78's and a Dansette record player that I found in the BIN, seriously, and it works!

People just don't get it. I had a headscarf on the other day done in 40's style and I thought I looked quite cool, until my friend said 'what the hell is that on your head'...oh well! :D

Belle Fatale

New in Town
Nice to meet y'all. I wandered here from someone's blog, I think, and before I knew it, I was hooked. This forum is a goldmine of information!

I'm a full-time college student right now, and I admit that part of my fascination with vintage fashion is due to my frustration with how my classmates dress. Eighties fashion was pretty ridiculous the first time around; I can't believe it's come back.

I'm also an Army veteran, and have served in the Middle East, so I think the rest of my love for this era comes from a nostalgia for a time when the bad guys had the courtesy to wear a uniform. That's a slightly simplistic view of history, I know, but isn't that the point of nostalgia? ;)

paperlillies

New in Town
How do you do?

I am a 20 year old student who has forever been interested in the 1920s-1950s life style and fashion, and for a few years I have been trying to find online resources. This website is wonderful, and I'd love to make some friends who feel the same way as I do about it!​

74img3166rj

FAYEZY123

New in Town
Helloo!

Hi, I am new...but not really! Been stalking the site for a few months now.

I am interested in 40's-50's and a little bit of the early 60's. Love the fashion, hair/makeup and of course the music!

None of my friends are interested in vintage, so I tend to go shopping alone and have no one to discuss all things vintage with! In fact, most people I know just don't get it! For example, I turned up at the pub with a headscarf tied into a 40's land girl style and the reaction I got was 'what the f*ck is that thing on your head'...oh dear! :eusa_doh:

JohnRawson1944

New in Town
hello to everybody

thank you for your polite invitation adressed to the new members - greetings from Germany - after years of collecting vintage horsehide jackets I am very pleased with my Aero jackets. these goodies offer the look and protection without the possible trouble of a 50 to 70 year old jacket. no loose seams, dry spots or thin spots from decades on a wire hanger. as you all know what I am talking about, we seem to share some preference for good stuff, solid material and clean haircuts. it´s a pleasure to be a member and the day I can figure out how to post pics I love to share them with you - all the best to you all - kind regards - sincerly yours - JohnRawson1944

melanie

One of the Regulars
Hiya, I am new here, I only joined this site yesterday and already I am addicted to it. :) I think this site is going to be a great help to me, embarking on my new vintage life style.
Oh, the eras I love the most are the 40's and 50's, though I do like the 30's also, but not as much as the other two. :)

melanie

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone, I have already introduced myself in a few places on this site, and I must say, I have been getting the warmest of welcomes, thank you all for been so friendly, I love this site. :)

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
melanie said:
Hello everyone, I have already introduced myself in a few places on this site, and I must say, I have been getting the warmest of welcomes, thank you all for been so friendly, I love this site. :)

You are most welcome Ms. Melanie and mightn't I add my own "Hello" and "Welcome" to the growing mix?:)

Cheers,

RJ

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
Hello!

Hi - I've dipped in and out of Fedora Lounge for a while but I'm getting more and more obsessed with vintage as time goes by and need somewhere to discuss all those important issues. My favourite era is 1940s although I dip into a bit of 1950s dress-wise, and am getting increasingly attracted to the 1930s, helped by double-bills of Poirot! None of my friends are into vintage so the internet is my saviour and I'm keen to meet like-minded people.
I'm obsessed with old films and film stars and would love to learn some tricks to improve my hairstyling and find out places to find vintage clothes on a tiny budget (I'm already an ebay addict).

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
eek!

Hi everyone, I'm brand spanking new here and just love it! I've always been interested in vintage fashion and hairstyles but only recently (like in the last 6 months) have started to dress and style myself in the fashion!

I don't know anyone with the same interests (Irish gals just don't seem so interested [huh] ) so anyone from Ireland I'd love to hear from you! And everyone else of course!

At the moment my wardrobe consists (mainly) of vintage inspired rather than actual vintage, but I've got years ahead of me to perfect my wardrobe!

FAYEZY123

New in Town
Hi OneAndOnly and Rocketblast!

I am new here as well. I agree, the website is a saving grace! No one I know is into vintage, so I am glad The Fedora Lounge is here! I've learned so much over the last few months.

:D

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Hi de Hi All
I’m sort of new here- been in the background for a while just popping in now and again.
Well I’m a British Vintage Miss with a passion for all things Vintage -mainly 30’s and 40’s with the 20’s and 50’s thrown in too.
I dress in vintage all the time (I haven’t bought high street for a good two years at least!) it’s all about the tailoring and detail in clothes.
For me the 60’s is when style was in decline, 70’s it went out of the window and the 80’s- well lets not even go there!
I collect all sorts like mad …. Hats, shoes, jewellery, knitting patterns (a huge weakness of mine) vintage packaging, home wares, and furniture when space allows… oh my, the list is endless.

I shall leave you now as I must set my hair…
I hope to see you soon
Cheerio
Tuppey x

Ps I’m not the best with the old (new!) technology malarkey … how on earth do I put in an avatar. I have a photobucket account (Gasp) but no clue on how to use it! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner