Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
I love that button bow tie thing... forget what it's called but it was a jaunty alternative to the bow tie back in the late 19th/early 20th century from what I understand.

I have a couple of those, though one is missing a stone or something in the "button." I've never worked up the nerve (or the motivation) to wear them, though.

buttonties.jpg

I don't think I ever introduced myself here, though I've been around for a while. My name is Brett. I'm an avid fan of old movies and music who's been wearing vintage since the late '70s.

In fact, I'm thinking it might be time to offer up some of the stuff I wore then (that no longer fits me, alas) in the Classifieds area. I'd rather have it go to denizens of this board than offer it up to all takers on Ebay.

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Holy moly, Idledame! If there's ever a hat shortage in the world, we'll know who to blame. And by the way, who needs a living room when there are accessories to be displayed? lol

Speedster

Practically Family
JEEP said:
Hello everyone

My name is Jakob, I am 25 years old and I am an fedora-o-holic.... :)

A few of you may know me from COW or The Indy Lounge. My interest for the golden age has emerged from Indiana Jones, but as time has gone by my interests has turned more and more in the direction of actual vintage clothing - especially fedoras and watches.

I am studying prehistoric and medieval archaeology at the University of Aarhus and work at a local hunting store.

My interests are many and diverse:
-I collect antique weapons (both firearms and bladed weapons)
-I shoot, mostly pistol and revolver (both conventional smokeless and black powder)
-I re-enact late 15. c. North-European middle- and military class
-I train and teach WMA (western martial arts), my speciality is the long-sword, german style
-I re-enact early 19. c. american trapper/mountainman culture
-I collect altique glass and pewter (pre 1800)
-I collect antique books (pre 1900)
....just to mention a few things :)

I am looking very much forward to read the posts of this forum and lern more about the golden age and it's style - and i look forward to get to know the people of this forum.

Regards.

Jakob

Velkommen Jakob.

Another dane. A few of us around now...

Like you, i am also shooting with both conventional smokeless (pistol & revolver) and blackpowder (revolver + rifle - percussion and cartridge).

cherrypicker

New in Town
Hi,
My name is Pete and I am a middle-aged dealer and collector of vintage clothing.
My particular interests are vintage denim,motorcycle jackets and flight jackets.
I was introduced to the site by a friend who posts,'Aviakid',as he thought the thread on Irvins might interest me.I have to say,it's great to find so many like-minded people in one place.I always feel that I have to dumb down a little on my vintage obsessive talk in 'normal' company but here I think I may have found a home.

Idledame

Practically Family
Hi again. I notice references to events such as something on the Queen Mary, but I can' find anywhere on FL that shows all the wheres and whens. I tried the calendar but am not authorized (?) Thanks. I've never enjoyed being in a powder room as much as I do here!

Serafina

New in Town
I'm making my way around the lounge and wanted to say hello!

My name is Serafina Miller; I live, love and thrive in San Francisco. My friend Sara introduced me to the on-line lounge, though I've known about Classic Style magazine and The Fedora Lounge for about a year.

I'm entering into my second year as President of The Art Deco Society of California, so for those of you who live in the San Francisco Bay Area, I hope to see you at our events, lectures and walking tours, or just drop by our informational booth at the Deco Show and Sale or the Vintage Fashion Expo. I'd love to meet you!

Serafina

New in Town
Idledame said:
I notice references to events such as something on the Queen Mary...

The Queen Mary event is sponsored and organized by the Art Deco Society of LA (adsla.org) and happens annually over Labor Day weekend. I went the first year and it truly is an amazing event.

Rhofal

New in Town
Presenting myself

*A tall, handsome stranger walks in*

*Rhofal sneaks in behind him, looking sheepishly* :D

Hi folks! I've been lurking on this board for a few weeks, and thought it was time to step out of the shadows now. My name is Peter Van den Schoor, aged 41, from Belgium, Europe.

I found this board googling for a Fedora hat to buy, and very much liked what I saw. I've always been very fond of golden era movies and vintage clothing. When I was 18 I already regularly wore a vintage outfit with hat I got from my grandfather. As that was at the height of the "New Wave/Punk" era around here in Belgium I really stood out in the crowd. lol

I will now be off to the "embarrassing pictures" thread because somehow most pictures that have me on them somewhere turn out to be rather embarrassing... Must be a kind of talent I'm sure.

Regards,
Peter

PrinceHarming

New in Town
Hello, Im Shane Im 16 and live in Western Massachusetts.
-I collect vintage luggage and camera
-I have aspirations to become a pinup photographer and run a Vintage shop, a good one (Western Mass doesnt have any)
-I have loved the more retro aspects of life since I was young, but just in this past year have I started to wear vintage clothes and emutale those of yester-year.
-I sew
-I tend to haunt the local cemeteries.

PrinceHarming

New in Town
Rhofal said:
I keep getting a visual of someone running around in a bedsheet going Booooo-Oooo at innocent bystanders. Please tell me that's just my imagination running wild (again) lol
I do not do that everytime i go. Usually friends and I will get dressed up and have picnics or I will go and read or take pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails