Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome, Kim!

No darling, you're not old! Now I am old! Well, older. There's a large age range, but I think the younger gals have the energy to post more often!:)

Cinnamon

New in Town
Hello there everyone,

My name is Cinnamon. I'm 29 years old and like to read, watch classic movies and dance!

I guess you could say that I really like the Golden Era! The person who really got me into it was Dita Von Teese. I saw her on a television interview and was completely wooed! I did research on her style, meaning: hair, clothing, etc. In short, I've always loved this particular era and was excited and pleased to know that there were other people out there who had similar views.

I'm glad to be here and I just know that I am going to enjoy my stay.

Idledame

Practically Family
Well, kimstrain5, I am old enough to be your mother (though it pains me to admit it). But FLers range from early teens to whatever. The fact that we have these interests in common erases the age difference. They are a great group of people and welcome to the Lounge! And Cinnamon, I'm from Lomita too!

D

Deleted member 3716

TessTrueheart said:
Since vintage clothes are scarce and ridiculously overpriced in this part of the world most of my clothes are modern with a vintage feel.

Hi Therese,

My boyfriend is Swedish and he is always telling me how good the vintage shopping is where he comes from.
Now i know he is just saying that to get me over there! :rolleyes:

paula.

TessTrueheart

Hi Paula!

I want to know where your boyfriend shops!!!

But, to his defense, i must say there are a lot of good things about Sweden! Come on over!

HeyMambo

New in Town
Hi there!

After a few months of avid reading on these boards I figured I should just sign up already. I'm in my forties, recently married and I live in eastern Mass. While I've always had a peripheral sort of interest in vintage, lately I've really been enjoying it more (and I've got the PayPal bills from eBay to prove it! :eek: ). The whole time from WWII through the Fifties and up into the early Sixties is what I bounce around between, style and interest-wise.

My other interests are all over the map - literally, as my favorite hobby is travel. Some of the places I've been lucky enough to go to - either solo, in my single days, or with my husband more recently - are Indonesia, Tahiti, Belize, Fiji, Mexico, the UK (where my fella is from), Thailand, the Cook Islands and a few others.

It's nice to be here!

CassD

One of the Regulars
Hello

I'm new to the lounge. My husband has been a member for some time and has been trying to get me to join for a while. I've enjoyed the classic B&W's since I was a kid. I've had a passion for vintage hats since I was in high school, though I don't know much about telling which era they're from. I'm just now starting to get a bit more into the vintage clothes since my husband is so interested in it all as well. I really love the Swing Era dresses and the women's suits from the 40's. I also like the swimwear.

Some of my favorite actors are Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, Claudette Colbert, Clark Gable, Irene Dunne and Bette Davis. I love movies like Bringing Up Baby, Now Voyager and It Happened One Night. I'm really hoping to learn a lot about the 40's dress, hairstyles and make-up. I know a little from theatre, but it's mostly just the stereotypes since that's what you put on stage.

Thanks for the welcome!!

~Cassie

dogsplayinpoker

New in Town
Hi there. The name is Jason. I am glad to have found a forum to discuss many of my interests. Everything from pocket watches to pipes, swing music to underwear:eek: :D
Thanks for having me!

Moby

Familiar Face
Hi! My real name is Bob. I live west of Orlando in Florida. My interests are many. I like vintage pocket and wrist watches, I collect and repair them. I like vintage cars especially street rods. Yes, that's my yellow 1927 Ford roadster in my avatar. I love old movies and especially the "Ladies" in them. My wife Barbara shares most of my interests. I have been lurking in FL for a while and decided to join.

imported_the_librarian

One of the Regulars
I was on a bunco job out west, and just blew into town. I went to the clip joint down the street, but they gave me chin music going in, so's I end up here. Nice place! It only cost me C-note to get in. So...what's the wire?

;)

Hi all, I've been around for a while but just now registered. Looks like there's some great folks here and I feel privileged to be able to join in the fun. I love history, WW2 and cheap pulp fiction stories from Lamour, Hammett and Spillane.

For now, I'll just spend some time looking around, but wanted to introduce myself.

See ya round................

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Moby said:
Hi! My real name is Bob. I live west of Orlando in Florida. My interests are many. I like vintage pocket and wrist watches, I collect and repair them. I like vintage cars especially street rods. Yes, that's my yellow 1927 Ford roadster in my avatar. I love old movies and especially the "Ladies" in them. My wife Barbara shares most of my interests. I have been lurking in FL for a while and decided to join.
WOW, Moby. That looks like a beautiful car! Do you have more pics of it posted somewhere?

I offer my welcome, but I'm pretty much a n00b here myself.

D

DeaconKC

Howdy, found your forum from a recommendation from the gang over at Smith-Wessonforum.com. Very nice place here. I'm usually to be found as a moderator over at Surplusrifleforum.com. Pay the bills as a paroleagent for the State of Illinois. Collect old guns and enjoy the class that is disappearing in society today.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lovely lounge

Hello gang!

A friend introduced me to Fedora Lounge and I've been hooked ever since. I visited every evening for a week and finally started to feel like a peeper and registered. You discuss the exact puzzles I daydream about! I hope to learn how to look as lovely as the ladies here, and to look more and more like an anachronism as every day pasts. I'm very glad to have found you.

Regards,
Rebecca

3Horn

New in Town
Toss another one on the pile.

Well, I suppose this is as good a place as any. Actually, better, but saying that doesn't have quite the same ring to it, now does it?

At any rate, I stumbled through while looking up some information about A-2 jackets, and thought to myself "Self, these look like your kinda' people, and you do have that fedora that's been sitting in it's hat box for a few years. Yes self, you should join these fine folks".

And so I did, I pulled that black fedora from it's near abandonment amongst a stack of boxes still waiting to be sorting after moving a few months back. I looked at it, and it looked at me and it seemed to be saying "Thanks pal, it was dark in there. You over her yet? Doesn't matter, let's go make mischief".

And then it rained today, and I thought to myself again "Self, we need a new rain coat. We have plenty of leather and wool coats, flight jackets and parkas, more than any man living in Texas should ever have. But do you know what you really need Self? You need a trench coat. Double-breasted. Epaulets and a belt. A gun flap in front and a yoke flap in back. And khaki. Definitely khaki."

And so off I went, and found just what I was looking for. I brought it home, tossed it in the wash to remove whatever scents might have been left by the previous owner. It seemed to have the scent of cheap perfume lingering about it, maybe they'd walked through a department store a little too slowly, maybe it was a tawdry affair. Maybe my mind was just running wild with nothing else to do.

I pulled the coat out, I introduced it to my fedora, they seemed to get along fine, almost as if they were conspiring. I thought about the suit hanging in the closet, the wing tips recently polished. Yes, they were going to be friends, good friends.

Well, that went a bit longer than I'd expected, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for my semi-inspired bit of rambling. Now, where was I? Ah yes, the introduction -

At the risk of sounding like I'm answering the questionnaire for a dating agency, I'm 35, live in Dallas (well Plano to be exact), Texas, and work in advertising. That's not quite as glorious as it sounds, the fact is that I'm one of three support guys, handling a mixed bag of PCs and Macs for a company that does direct marketing (that's junk mail to you and I) and some "interactive" (WWW) work. It pays well enough, and after spending ten years with a company that was pretty stiff, the ability to wear what matches my taste for the day was a welcome change.

In a previous incarnation about 15 years ago, I was an Aircrewman in the Navy on P-3s, and spent a year and a half as a flight attendant after I left active duty (despite what the recruiter says, not every job in the military has a direct civilian counterpart).

In my spare time, I do a little photography, mostly at a local goth/industrial club, and burlesque shows. Ah burlesque! What a wonderful thing to see a resurgence as of late!

Well, I suppose I've wasted enough of your time here, and the rain is pattering and a coat and hat are calling out to me, so if you'll excuse me, I need to see if I can find a little trouble.

Bull Moose

Familiar Face
Greetings,

Another new guy checking in. Came across this site searching for info about the new Indiana Jones movie.

I never had the urge to collect actual vintage clothing, but I collect everything else vintage. Now I want a vintage fedora:D

I look forward to being a productive member here.

helvissa

Familiar face
Hello, I joined yesterday. I've liked vintage style for many years. Thing is, I'm mainly into 50s and early 60s, so I shan't interject too often. I've often wondered if I should join this forum or not, but the other day I was looking through the stats on my website and saw that someone had linked to it from here. Being nosey and having a large ego, I couldn't resist finding out what was going on!

My website is www.pinup-parade.com - it's got lots of TASTEFUL photos of pin-up girls in Europe (the most naked it gets is one pair of bared buttocks), the idea being to showcase the kind of vintage-style pin-up photography being done in Europe, as well as a shop. Though I shan't go on about the shop as I'm not sure that I'm allowed to. I'm a librarian by day (I work in a beautiful art deco building, lucky ol' me, and one of my libraries has barely changed since it was first opened in 1939 by Queen Mary), and by night I run my website and shop. I also make hairflowers too and do other stuff as well....

Oh, and a couple of members of this forum are in the pin-up galleries - I think that might be where the links came from, but I dunno. Oh yeah - the galleries have pics based on 40s and 50s pin-up, but the pic of me on the left was from a kind of film-noir style shoot I did, so that's... erm... sort of 30s *ducks from people chucking stuff*

Anyway, hello! *insert 'waving' smiley here*

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou