Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

sherri bomb

New in Town
New

I've been watching the boards for awhile now and just recently became a new member. I've always been drawn to the things of the past. My dad even says I was born way too late.:) My favorite eras include 1940s to the early 1960s, but I appreciate all things vintage! I live in Florida but unfortunately haven't found that many people into it. I look forward to meeting you lovely ladies!

Mac Daddy

New in Town
Name is Darren,

I am 27 and live in South Australia. I stumbled across this site. Love it, always had an interest but ever really took it much further. I look forward to learning from you all.

mackenzie

Familiar Face
Hello,
I have been introducing myself to the ladies in the powder room and I guess it is time I do it here aswell. I'm originally from sweden , but two years ago I moved to Italy with my boyfriend. Being used to the reasonably big vintage scene in stockholm I feel a little lonely here on the italian countryside which makes me really happy to have found the FL. I'm into the 40's and I make a lot of reproduction clothing for myself and friends since it is not easy to get hold of here ( fascist ruined the fashion). well, guess that's it for now. looking forward to "see" you all later. xoxo

Fleur deSolieil

New in Town
newbie here!

Nice to meet all you lovely ladies!! I came across this site while looking for hair ideas and i am so impressed! its so nice to see so many people share my interests!! I am mostly inspired by the post war up to mid fifties pin up looks and since i could remember i always felt like i belonged there! Where are the rest of my canadian women?? Stay gorgeous all!! xoxo

FatsGeordiemo

New in Town
New member saying Hi......

I just thought that I'd take a small opportunity to say "hello". I've joined the Fedora Lounge very recently, after spying for a few months as a guest.

I've always been into 40s and 50s B-movies and the great fashions, especially the broad shouldered suits and great hats. I've already amassed a small collection of hats, with various fedoras (old and new), panamas, pork pies, etc. and I wear them all regularly.

Hopefully I'll become an active participant in many of the threads on this site.

crazy man, crazy ;)

Lilibet

New in Town
Hello! I found this site while doing some random Googling. (You know, when you look up one thing and it leads to something else, then to something else...) I grew up in and around San Francisco, but now live in Columbus, Ohio. My taste is eclectic, ranging from the 1920s to the 1960s, depending on whether we are talking about home design, fashion, and entertainment.

We bought a 1937 house (combination Art Deco and Spanish Revival) that we are restoring, and I am trying to furnish it in period-appropriate (if not authentic) style. It's kind of tricky, and I think I'm going to have to start going to New York and Chicago to get the good stuff! That's my current obsession, although I delve into other subjects too. :)

Anneloes

New in Town
Hi! I found this lounge while googling pictures of Angelique Houtkamp's art actually (which were quoted in some thread on tattoos) :)! I'm Anneloes, 18, and a second-year student in English and European Studies (two majors) and modern greek (minor) in Amsterdam. I've had a love for everything late forties to mid-fifties ever since I can remember and started regularly dressing according to the era about two years ago. I guess you could consider me to be kind of a rockabilly gal, since I'm also into tattoos, piercings and the rockabilly music, occasionally. Anyway, I hope to meet some nice people here, making up for a lack of vintage-loving friends in real life ;)

kaiser

A-List Customer
Introducing myself

Hello everyone ! My name is David and I have been lurking here for sometime now. I ran across the Forum when I was looking for a Fedora Hat some months ago. Being into vintage things this looks like a really nice place. I may not post all that often, but I do try to visit every day or so.

Regards,

David

mdavids2000

Familiar Face
Anneloes said:
Hi! I found this lounge while googling pictures of Angelique Houtkamp's art actually (which were quoted in some thread on tattoos) :)! I'm Anneloes, 18, and a second-year student in English and European Studies (two majors) and modern greek (minor) in Amsterdam. I've had a love for everything late forties to mid-fifties ever since I can remember and started regularly dressing according to the era about two years ago. I guess you could consider me to be kind of a rockabilly gal, since I'm also into tattoos, piercings and the rockabilly music, occasionally. Anyway, I hope to meet some nice people here, making up for a lack of vintage-loving friends in real life ;)

Hello Anneloes welcome to the thefedoralounge. I am Mark from Amsterdam and a other friend of me miss Jo are as well from Amsterdam we have a Dutch group www.clubinterbellum.net and you are very welcome up there as well we have a nostalgic retro forum.

Greeting: Mark

Peeky Jane

New in Town
Another newbie here :)

I'm 25 year old and I live in Utrecht, the Netherlands. I found this forum when I searched google trying to find hairstyles for a shoot where I was doing my own make up and hair. And besides that, the period from the 20's till the 50's always intriguied me because people made so much effort of their look. Those where the times that man where gentleman and woman real sofisticated ladies...love it!

I'm a professional model. Besides that I studied Journalism and I'm starting with a new study this week at the University of Amsterdam (Dutch tax law).

I hope to learn a lot about dressing yourself and doing your hair the way they did it in the vintage times. Still have a lot to learn, but I'm ready to give it my best shot :)

sherri bomb

New in Town
First of all hello to everyone, I just wanna say I think this community is wonderful.I live in Florida and have yet to find anyone that shares this kind of interest. I am a newbie in all regards :D , but I have always had an affinity to all things vintage. My fav eras would be 1940s to early 1960s. Hopefully I can learn something here...(I'm sure I will!!)...and meet all you lovely interesting people.

Anneloes

New in Town
mdavids2000 said:
Hello Anneloes welcome to the thefedoralounge. I am Mark from Amsterdam and a other friend of me miss Jo are as well from Amsterdam we have a Dutch group www.clubinterbellum.net and you are very welcome up there as well we have a nostalgic retro forum.

Greeting: Mark

Thanks, I'll definitely check that out! I already noticed that there are quite some dutch people here, actually.

Charlz

Familiar Face
introducing myself

Hello,
My name is Charlz. This is my first post. This is a great forum and I am pleased to be here. I have just ordered a Dobbs straw centre crease and a Akubra Sydney so I will be among your ranks very soon. I used to wear a fedora when I practicing Orthodox Judism but now that I am a secular it is just for fashion. Thank you for letting me in this nice place.
Charlz

*ValleyGirl14*

New in Town
Hello

Hello, I'm Fiona you can call me Fi if you want :). I stumbled onto this forum last night and thought I should sign up. Well I guess I should tell you guys some things about myself lol.

Favorite music: Jefferson airplane, The Beatles, The rolling stones, Simon and Garfunkel,Donovan, Bob Dylan, Garbage, Stone temple pilots, Audioslave, Radiohead, Splashdown, Zombies, Nirvana, Imogen Heap/frou frou, The Brian Jonestown massacre, Tom Petty, Taproot, Rob Zombie, Crosby Stills and Nash, Blondie, Heart, Joan Jett, The Mommas and the Papas, Blond redhead, Bjork, Kerli, Paramore, Goldfrapp, Rose Melburg, Rihanna, Red hot chili peppers, Death cab for cutie, Amy Winehouse, The smashing pumpkins, Fleetwood Mac, Greenskeepers, Aimee Mann, Depeche mode, AIR, SIA, The killers, Muse, MEW, Placebo, Hungry Lucy, Dot Allison.

Favorite movies: East of eden, Batman the dark knight, Wonder boys, The jerk, Garden state, The professional, Notorious, White heat, I married a witch, This gun for hire, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Rebel without a cause, Giant, V for vendetta, The virgin suicides, Big fish, The big Lebowski,Double idemity, The ape, The great raid, The dead girl, An American crime, Flyboys, Hard candy, Mouth to mouth, The Tracey fragments, Edward scissor hands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare before Christmas, Super bad, The 40 year old virgin, Knocked up, Forgetting Sarah Marchall.
Other little tidbits. As you can tell I LOVE vintage and old hollywood. My all time favorite actress would have to be Veronica Lake. Someday I hope to be a famous actress... as a matter of fact I will become famous! I'm a pretty laid back person and I always try and stay positive. Anyways I should can it now lol... if you want to know anything else about me just ask!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi Fiona from pudding town :)

Welcome!

Take a look around, we have some of the sweetest ladies (and gents) anywhere on the net willing to offer advice and encouragement in all things vintage.

We have a welcome thread for new ladies at the top of this forum, Im going to move your thread there, because thats where the ladies greet the new gals.

Again welcome and ask questions, search, and have fun!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran