Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

RockabillyHolly

New in Town
Hello!

Hey everyone! I'm Holly and i just signed up, even though i've cruised the forum for years. i've been into all this vintage stuff for about 10 years. i'm mostly into 40s and 50s. and yes, i am a tattooed rockabilly gal ;-) but i love the golden years of Hollywood and the swing era. i dance lindy hop, jive and shag and collect vintage clothes and jewelry, along with all my household goodies down to my toaster (which i use!! turn bread once and dont leave plugged in. yikes!). i just figured i'd (finally) register here because i love learning new ideas for living a vintage lifestyle. plus i'm totally makeup obsessed and will try almost anything people recommend!! lol

zendy

A-List Customer
Look at all the new faces! Even though I'm pretty new myself, I'd like to say welcome to all and I'm sure you'll all be daily visitors. It'll be great to get to know all of you:)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Hello everyone!

My name is Laura, I live in Canada, and I am enough of a classic film buff to rival Ted Turner.

I dress late 1940's - early 1950's every day, excluding days spent entirely at home. I'm a full time student, but I knit toys and clothes, paint portraits, and listen to Big Band in my spare time. I've been lurking this site for a long time now, and finally got to sign up.

I look forward to meeting everyone and making new friends, and plan to post lots, wherever I can!

RockabillyHolly

New in Town
i introduced myself in the powder room but will do so here as well. i just joined but i've known about this forum for many years. i have no idea why i didnt join sooner!! i dont want to go on too much about myself so i'll just say a few things. i got into the whole rockabilly thing about 10 years ago. at the time there wasnt a lot of information out there about all this so i found it out the old fashioned way. i searched through thrift stores, read old books and magazines, watched movies and just tried to emulate the styles in them. i've been dancing since the beginning and got more into the 40's era thru the lindy hop. i like to mix the 40s and the 50s a bit. theres just so much about both eras that i love! but i consider myself more of a 50s rockabilly girl i guess. anyways, i love this forum because it allows me to become more knowledgeable about living a vintage lifestyle. and, i love seeing everyone elses take on it as well!
ps-sorry for my lack of captilization. i lean towards laziness while typing :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Hello ladies and gents!

My name is Laura, I'm a college student, and I dress 1940's-1950's every day. I knit, paint portraits, and listen to Big Band in my spare time. I'm also a huge classic film buff. I've been lurking the Lounge for a long time, and I finally got to join.

I'm excited to find a place full of vintage lovers like me!

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and best regards-

Laura

Harlow1935

New in Town
Hello everybody!!

Finally I made it! :) I became a member a few weeks ago, but never really had the time to visit or introduce myself. But now, I'm finally here!
Well, I'm a small brunette from Berlin, Germany. I'm 32 years old and I'm a secretary and a housewife.
I love anything and everything vintage! Mostly I'm into the 20s and 30s!
So, I hope to meet lots of nice people here :)

tightcollarman

New in Town
Hello Mark L

Thanks for the comments, Mark. And glad to hear you liked my photos! Anytime you care to chat, I'm on yahoo as "tightcollarman". Would be great to hear from you, since we share this particular sartorial interest!

Brad

MarkL said:
Brad:

It's great to have you here on this site. I checked out your website and all I can say is: WOW!!!! I share your passion for that high/tight collar look. Your pictures area amazing. I don't know if I have seen anyone who looks as good as you in that high collar look! Amazing, just amazing!!!

Mark

jderyck

New in Town
Delurk below

Hi there! I'm in Eau Claire Wisconsin by way of Canada, though I somehow managed to move north considerably from my home town of Windsor Ontario. I design integrated circuits for supercomputers.

My dad is 43 years older than I am so he grew up in a very different time. In his closet he had a pair of fedora's, one in a dark colour and the other in a lighter colour. I believe the darker one was brown but I have a lousy memory for colours. I'd always wanted to wear them, I thought they were really interesting, but my dad was very protective of his Stetson's.

I've entertained the idea of wearing hats for a few years but am not sure how they're supposed to fit, what looks right and with what. That's how I ended up finding the Fedora Lounge.

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
Hello there, everyone.

I've already said hello in the Powder Room, but I thought that I would say hello here, too! This is basically the same post as I put in the other thread as I think that I summed myself up pretty well beforehand! I truly love the 1920s, 30s and 40s, particularly the 1920s and 30s (I am a big Wodehouse fan and I put this fascination down to being exposed to too much Jeeves and Wooster as a young child!). I suppose the appeal for me (apart from the aesthetic, which I love) lies in the fact that people back in the first half of the 20th century seemed to have standards that society on the whole no longer seems to have. People had pride and style and seemed to respect themselves and others in a way that modern culture does not.

I like good manners, black and white films (and a lot of colour ones!), Austins (wonderful motor cars), Agatha Christie books, Jeeves and Wooster, picnics, tea, men in sharp suits, good hats, baking and a whole lot more besides!

Hope that's ok!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Just popped in to extend a big-time welcome to all the new members! But be forewarned - this place is addicting and you may find that, like the Hotel California, once you check in you can never leave...

cupcake

Familiar Face
good evening

*pulls up a chair*
Hello ladies (and gents)
I must confess, I'm a long time lurker of the lounge (don't we all start out that way?) and I'm glad I finally plucked up the courage to join.

My name is Rosée and I'm an eighteen going on eighty year old living in Perth, Western Australia.

I've always had a facination with history and the past so loving vintage is a natural thing for me. I have a love of music and art and am an amateur photographer (I just had work in my first exhibition!) I love clothes and collecting antiques and curios from the victorian era to mid century as well as being the proud owner of quite an eclectic assortment of porcelain cat figurines.

I'm never very good at the introductions but I intend to be an active member in the lounge and look forward to getting to know all of you

50sGal

New in Town
Hi Gals!!! Ive just been sitting here reading everyones comments, Its so nice to be in the Fedora Lounge with all of you like minded ladies!!! So nice to "meet" you all!!! Have a great weekend ladies!

munchausen

One of the Regulars
Newb question to the experienced

Hi

How do you paste images in to the post? I've used insert link and insert images button, but they always end up as a link to the website.

Thanks

elserienkeklave

New in Town
hello,

Í've been reading for a few months,and thought it was time to say hello!
My name is Elserienke and I'm from The Netherlands.
I just can't decide wich style I like best 20-30's 0r 40-50's or maybe 60-70's?

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
cupcake said:
*pulls up a chair*
Hello ladies (and gents)
I must confess, I'm a long time lurker of the lounge (don't we all start out that way?) and I'm glad I finally plucked up the courage to join.

My name is Rosée and I'm an eighteen going on eighty year old living in Perth, Western Australia.

I've always had a facination with history and the past so loving vintage is a natural thing for me. I have a love of music and art and am an amateur photographer (I just had work in my first exhibition!) I love clothes and collecting antiques and curios from the victorian era to mid century as well as being the proud owner of quite an eclectic assortment of porcelain cat figurines.

I'm never very good at the introductions but I intend to be an active member in the lounge and look forward to getting to know all of you

Hi Cupcake,
Welcome, I'm new here myself and though I'm not 18 anymore, lol I can relate to your comment that your 18 going on 80. I have always been an old soul and just love the Fedora Lounge. It feels great to be among like minded folk that have the love of vintage that I do. I'm sure you'll love it here!

martine

New in Town
hello

hello,i have been reading for a while now,and thougt it was time to say hello.
(my sister did too,so i can't stay behind(elserienke))
i really love history (clothing!!!!)
especially the 1920(-30-40 and a little of 50's a well).
so; HELLO.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo