Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Hello One and All!

I'm a Yankee expat living in wonderful London, making a living teaching Pilates/Yoga.

I've just posted my first in another corner of the Lounge, but thought after lurking for a period of time longer than I'd care admit to that it was high time that I introduce myself formally.

I've been into 20's/30's/40's films ever since I can remember (Pre-Codes in a big way), and Art Deco collecting for a few years now, but have only recently gotten interested in other things of a bygone age - clothing, music and just general curiosity about when things seemed less coarse, less negative, and just maybe more leisurely?

Anyway, many thanks to all in the Lounge who have been giving me a great education, and looking forward to learning so much more with you in future.

Matthew Thompson

New in Town
Howdy from the great white north

I'm Matthew, from Quispamsis NB.

I dig all sorts of old and wonderful things, mostly Golden-Era and Machine-Age design. I'm a commercial photographer by trade, and dabble in design and layout. I love cooking, hiking with my wife and daughter, shooting film with vintage cameras and renovating my place.

I've got a few modern hats (Woolrich felt and a Cubavera stingy), and generally like to be just a smidge different. The things I've learned about the history of fashion and culture in general here while only lurking made me register. So many people with the same interests! Ahhh, the internet.

zombi

A-List Customer
ThesFlishThngs said:
Yay, another Okie! They're coming out of the woodwork now. Won't be long before we can pull off our own Gatsby Weekend. :)
My gosh, how fun would that be!

It's so nice to meet you! :) I'm still figuring out where to go around here to find items & such, not to mention trying to figure out how to work my grandmother's sewing machine! lol Looks like jayhawk & I can soak things up together.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
If you should feel like saying hello in person, I'll be at the Plaza District Festival next Saturday (Oct. 3), body painting and selling my jewelry. Stop by if you're out and about. The Plaza also has a couple tempting vintage shops, one with furniture, household items, old Levis, and the other - Bad Grannies Bazaar - with just about anything you can imagine!

TallulahDahling

New in Town
Hello, Dahlings!

Tallulah here.........have always been a fan of hats. All kinds! Brims to berets! :D
At times I do believe in reincarnation simply because I yearn for the days ladies wore hats and gloves and men sported spiffy overcoats and several hats on the hooks.
I adore everything Tallulah and all that is vintage and am happy to join your community.
Cheers dahlings!

Tallu
XOXO

velvetongue

Familiar Face
Hello all. My name is Janice and I've been a lurker here for a few weeks now. I live in NYC and work in IT, and in my spare time I make zombie rabbits. My favourite styles span from the '20s to the '50s, and this forum has been a wealth of knowledge for that subject.

KateSpenser

New in Town
Hi, I am Catherine, Kate for short. I am a mail clerk for a petroleum distribution/convenience store managing company; in college for accounting. I am 23 and married (2 years this November). I am new to the vintage way but have always been an admire of all things "old".

Delia's Gone

New in Town
Hello! My name is Amber, I'm 27 and I live in Norfolk, Virginia, with my husband Jimmy and our two dogs Jasper & Kyla. I love knitting, sewing, cooking and making all kinds of things. We have a 1954 home that we are slowly making our own. I have a great interest in mid-century modern furniture and household accoutrements, and own several pieces of furniture that I treasure.. I am newly interested in vintage fashion. My favorite styles are the 40s through the early 60s. I really am looking forward to learning more about vintage style from you ladies; I've been lurking for a few weeks and you seem like a great group of gals.

Lorrel Mae

Familiar Face
Thought I might introduce myself, I did in the "Powder Room", and lately believed I should pop on here!

My name is Sandi, I am a vintage clothing dealer and all around eyeball!

Sandi

MissECP

New in Town
Hi,
My name is Emma, i'm 20 and i live in Wiltshire, UK. Been interested in anything (music, films, clothes etc) from the 1920s - 1950s but, mainly the 1940's for a few years now. I also love to knit and sew from vintage patterns and i participate in WWII living history. This is a great forum and i look forward to meeting lots of people who share the same interest in vintage style as much as me. Hello to all!

ViennaMimi

New in Town
Why, Hello There!

Hello all,

I'm Mimi. I live in San Francisco, CA.
A woman in my dance class told me about "The Lounge" after we had a little chat about Mad Men.
She gushed over how nice everyone was and told me it was a nice place to talk with " like minded people."

She was right! I love it!

roperdad

New in Town
Hello, all.

Long time lurker, second time poster. I consider myself an expert on hats. Western hats to be specific. I've owned and worn out closets full of straw and felt hats. From steer horns being run through them to drunken revelers taking bites out of the crown, I've been through several!

I'm also an Aero owner and overall appreciator of the classic and classy. I enjoy reading everyone's interpretation and appreciation of a grand era-

Regards,

Clay

Uff Da

New in Town
I'm Ryan from Seattle. I love The Lounge and visit it every day. I haven't posted too much, but I plan to change that. I initially became interested in vintage culture when I was about 18 and started to listen to almost nothing but swing music. Being a teenager though, my interests changed, and I all but forgot how amazingly cool this culture is.

This changed a few months ago w/ the purchase of my first vintage 1940s suit. It truly rekindled my love for vintage culture and I couldn't be happier.

Like many people here at The Lounge, I also do WWII living history. I have a German Infantry Soldier impression put together. WWII is something I've been fascinated with since high school, so I find it magical to attempt to relive that time period. In fact, you could say I absolutely love the 1940s and everything about it. Of course I also love the 20s, 30s, & 50s as well.

It's nice to correspond w/ like-minded people. I look forward to great company. Thanks! :)

Missy Krissy

New in Town
Salutations!

I'm Kristen and I've been lurking here for a few weeks but decided to finally post. I've only been really into the Golden Era for about 2 or 3 years now, never really thought about it until then [huh], but I've been slowly adapting my wardrobe and accesories to fit (much to the chagrin of my family and friends). Anyways, I'm pretty new to the early 1900s so I came here to sort of get my bearings and mingle with those of the same interests.

So hello. I look forward to conversing with everyone here!

Dutchess

Familiar Face
Hello from Holland

Hello everybody,
Nice to meet you!
My nickname is Dutchess and I live in the centre of the Netherlands with my husband and pet guinea pigs. I love 1920's and 1930's hairstyles and am very fond of tailored suits in 40's and 50's style. Combine that with Victorian jewelry... and don't forget black hats, red lipstick and outrageous shoes!
Hobbies: tapdance and flamenco...Olé!
This definitely looks like the best vintage forum around, so I couldn't wait to join.
(My avatar is me on my wedding day, dressed in a late-Victorian-inspired dress with a train, corset and jacket and matching underwear, which I designed myself and a dear friend was so kind to make. Not the right era for this forum, but the most avatar-looking pic I could find)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner