Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Hornby

New in Town
Hey.
Fedora Lounge is pretty much why i got an internet connection at home. Finding the forum has been such a joy. Have spent about a week reading lots of different topics and loving it.
My name is Hornby, i am 33 and i am from Belfast NI.
Not much in the way of vintage in this town but we do what we can.
I'm lucky enough to date a fine Teddy Girl called Alice. And along with my good friend Mr Morgan I organize(and DJ at) a Burlesque and Swing Dance Club.
I also have my own western swing band snappily called the Swell Time Western Swing & Cowboy Jazz Band. It good times.

For now i think thats plenty eh. Looking forward to joining in..*

jwalls

Vendor
I am glad to here that Western Swing is over across the Pond. I grew up on Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys. As Old Waylon said "It don't matter who's in Austin Bob Wills is still the King". Welcome,Ya'll.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Introducing Myself

RobynLe said:
I was actually looking for some good pictures of gals in pants. It seems like all I ever see is dresses. Then I started looking at the other threads because there are so many good topics on here and anyway here I am! :)
Robyn

Hello there. I've been reading parts of the forum on and off for a while. My husband and I throw parties with a vintage feel and run a vaudeville/sideshow/early burlesque stage. Our whole look is influenced by HBO's Carnivale from a few years ago and is a blue collar answer to steampunk. If you know the Bay Area these days, it's all steampunk steampunk steampunk. That's fun, but as craftsmen and women, we tend to gravitate more towards the depression era with a bit of faded glamor. Similar to Robyn, I really like to find examples of women in workwear as I am either in 1930's performance outfits or breaking down the stage and need workable pants, etc! Last year I found the thread about working men's clothing from the 30's and passed on a lot of the information to the men in our group. I was a member of the Bay Area Costumer's Guild years ago, so I am hoping to start sewing quite a bit more soon (lately it's all been costumes). I'm 3/4 of the way through the Decades of Style overalls : )

I am primarily interested in the 1930's and 20's with a few forays into the 40's.

Thanks for this great resource!

Retro Russ

New in Town
Hello and good day.

I stumbled onto this thread while looking around the forum, and figured that I would formally introduce myself. My name is Russell; Russ for short. I do a lot of research into the 20th century, and just history in general, though, mostly the 1900's. I study pretty much everything that could be considered historically significant, from automobiles to pipes, films to slot machines, and politics to everyday mannerisms. I actually have the patience to watch literally hundreds, if not thousands of vintage commercials, so you can imagine how boring my friends find me sometimes. Haha.

I like gangster movies, old cars, sports, outdoor activities such as camping and hiking, photography, and reading in general.

Anyway, that's me, and I hope to have a good time here.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Hiya

Hello All-

Thought I would take the time to introduce myself....

My name is Pete and from my username, one can guess I am a shooter. I enjoy vintage firearms, old fedoras, and just the bygone style. I live in SW Ohio and also enjoy antiquing and spending time with my family.

I am a Navy veteran, having served from 1987-1989 aboard the USS Nimitz. Should anyone care to drop me a line, feel free.

Pete

Cap'n Spaulding

New in Town
Hi everyone! My name is Matt, and I've only recently begun to get interested in vintage stuff. This forum is an unbelievably cool resource for learning.

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you all!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I'm a big fan of Julie and the boys, so for you Cap'n:

At last we are to meet him,
The famous Captain Spaulding.
From climates hot and scalding,
The Captain has arrived.

Most heartily we'll greet him,
With plain and fancy cheering.
Until he's hard of hearing.
The Captain has arrived.
At last - The Captain has arrived.

Welcome aboard!

Mrs Beattie

New in Town
Hello ladies,
I am so glad I found you, what a marvelous source of inspiration.
I am 39 (40 in December, pant pant, cold sweat).
I am married with 3 children, my oldest son aged 20, my daughter aged 18 and my little son aged 8 months (no typo, 8 months).
We live in 'Bonnie Scotland'.
I am in love with the 30's and 40's.
I am looking forward to chatting with you all.

sparks

New in Town
new guy saying hi

i found FL from another blog i belong to -Badger&Blade- it's a vintage safety/de razor - & straight razor- user forum; you know, the razor you dad/grand father used with the brush and mug - i have an adjustable gillette from the 50's; used everyday;

my dad was born in 33, so living in michigan, we heard nothing but 580am ckww; they play everything from the 40's on up; and TCM all day;

being a sinatra fan, naturally harry connick gets listened to alot by me now;

now i need a hat!

call it vintage;call it antique;call it old; i call this stuff classy...

M. Rick

New in Town
Hi, my name is Eric, and I've been interested in vintage style for a long time. I'm a long time lurker on these boards, but I've only recently started posting. Glad to find other people like me out there. Don't hesitate to say hello.

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
sparks said:
i found FL from another blog i belong to -Badger&Blade- it's a vintage safety/de razor - & straight razor- user forum; you know, the razor you dad/grand father used with the brush and mug - i have an adjustable gillette from the 50's; used everyday;

Very nice! I had no idea there was a forum for Razors. I use a Merkur progress and sandalwood soap dialy. I'd like to get a Gillette like yours.

H.

TeddyGirl Alice

New in Town
Hey, my name is Alice, i'm an 18 year old Teddy Girl from Northern Ireland. I'm in a band called 'The Swell Time Western Swing and Cowboy Jazz Band' with my Hep Kat boyfriend Hornby, who introduced me to The Fedora Lounge!!
I'm a Lindy Hop/Swing dancer, which is tough when you live in Belfast because there really is nowhere to go to dance socially!!

Hello to everyone and I can't wait to get involved in all the different threads in Fedora Lounge! Xx

TeddyGirl Alice

New in Town
Hey, my name is Alice, i'm an 18 year old Teddy Girl from Northern Ireland. I'm in a band called 'The Swell Time Western Swing and Cowboy Jazz Band' with my Hep Kat boyfriend Hornby, who introduced me to The Fedora Lounge!!
I'm a Lindy Hop/Swing dancer, which is tough when you live in Belfast because there really is nowhere to go to dance socially!!

Hello to everyone and I can't wait to get involved in all the different threads in Fedora Lounge! Xx

Luna Layne

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I am a 19 year old college student who has always been interested in vintage things (my dad gives me little trinkets from the 50s/60s all the time and we both collect records. I even brought a record player with me to college!), and greatly admired the clothing of the 40s and 50s. I thought it was just so classy, and even though I am usually outfitted in boots, t-shirts and old jeans (as a biology student and bird enthusiast it is wise to be dressed to get dirty) I really wish I could wear more cute things.

I stumbled upon the Fedora Lounge by accident ( I think I was looking something up about eyebrows) and found my way to the Powder Room, which blew me away. It was so incredible to read about the clothes, the style, everything.

I am pretty much completely inexperienced in terms of vintage looks, but eager to try incorporating what I learn into my daily life and so happy to have found my way here.

RadiationSkank

New in Town
Hello everybody. My name's Kate and I'm new. I found this site looking for techniques for pin curls, victory rolls, etc. I've been trying to join for awhile now, but I had to use my parents' email, due to mine being hotmail. But how do I introduce myself? Um, I'm an 18 year old college student from/in Northeast Ohio, I like old movies, punk rock music, and vintage/retro (the 30s/40s are probably my favorites). :)

RadiationSkank

New in Town
Hi, I'm Kate. 18 year old college student in and from northeast Ohio. I love old movies, punk rock music, and vintage/retro (the 30s and 40s are probably my favorite decades). I work as a receptionist at a salon (I didn't go to cosmetology school, so I couldn't be anything else there), and spend most of my time hanging out with my good friends, my boyfriend of 4 years, or trying for that perfect 40s hairstyle. It's tough. ;)

ilanacharnelle

New in Town
Hi :)

Hi everyone,
My name is Ilana and I am an eighteen year old from Melbourne Australia. I too found this site via a Google search and couldn't believe what I'd stumbled across. Being admittedly obsessed with the 1940s and 50s I was thrilled to find a whole community of people who love that era as much as I do (something that is a rarity in people my age :p ). I've been trawling through the threads ever since and going crazy over all the great things posted. Thank you to The Fedora Lounge for making me feel like I'm not alone, there are plenty of other people who feel the same way about this era :D
I'm also a singer/ songwriter and my original stuff is influenced by the music of the 1940s and 50s, amazing artists like Doris Day, Frank Sinatra, Dinah Shore and Judy Garland. I'd appreciate any feedback from people who actually know about that era. Links are below :)
Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)

LadyLuck

New in Town
Hello All!

I'm Claire and I'm from Texas. I am fairly new to my 1940's obsession, but I'm learning everything possible! Can't wait to meet you all!

A little about me:

I'll be twenty in ten days! Eep- I'll be a real, live, non-teenager!
I'm a history and theatre ed major.
I write music and plays.
I love Halloween!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy