Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

HoundstoothLuke

Familiar Face
Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker, but only recently decided to sign up. I've been reading the boards for a while, and as I really love suits and the vibe of the olden days, thought I'd hop along.

As for a bit about me, I'm a university student, and one of the very few on campus who favour shirts, trousers, jumpers and so forth to horrendous hoodies and low slung jeans. Being part of such a small minority inevitably leads to occasional comments, but I don't care as I look better than them!

Seacow

New in Town
Allow me to introduce myself

Hello Everybody,

I have just joined this site and am looking forward to reading some more of the fascinating posts!

This is just a quick note to say hello - and I will probably have a good read of all the posts before I post anything, just see what has already been covered.

I live in Suffolk in England, very near to the famous Constable Country.

My current hat of choice is a Christy's Knightsbridge Trilby - unfortunately for me, my hat size is 7 7/8 (63cm), so I find it hard to find hats that are a good fit. This means I often have to forego some really interesting vintage hats that I often happen upon in junk shops here in the UK.

I also like vintage clothes circa 1930s - 1960s, especially English three piece suits, and tweed jackets.

Now to pour myself a cognac and start looking through the threads ....

Cheers,

Chris

BenMartin

New in Town
Hi to all...

Became a member about 3-4 weeks ago, with my work schedule it makes it a little difficult to remember the when's and where's.
I live in Louisiana with my wife of 28yrs, a flaming red-head, just like Dad married.
I love the old style hats, mostly the Fedora style, everyone around here wears baseball caps, no real class.
I have a wool felt fedora that I wear when my wife and I go out or I go by myself. Gets a lot of looks because, I am the only one wearing a proper lid.
I love all the different posts and pictures of the many different styles of hats and dress.
Hope to learn a lot from all of you...

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
Hello Ladies,

I'm another serial lurker and have decided I'd like the chance to become more actively involved in the forum! I love the style and culture of the 1940s and 1950s, and am grateful for all of the tips I've picked up while scouting around the Fedora Lounge. I'm a keen dressmaker and am trying to develop my knitting skills beyond scarfs and cat blankets (it's taking some time). I also love to bake vegan treats - tonight's being a carrot cake.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Hello everyone

My name is Lloyd and I just joined last week.
I'm looking forward to a long and interesting association with everyone here.
I've recently been bitten by the Fedora bug and have acquired a few vintage Stetson Fedoras on ebay and just bought a Stetson Saxon.

Lo

New in Town
Hey girls!

It's good to finally be able to post!

I thought I'd introduce myself first, as to not be rude. I'm Lo, I love to make all kinds of things, and clothes especially. I sew and crochet, and love to rifle through many vintage patterns at my local second hand store, even if only for the covers lol

Just flicking through the posts around here I've already learned so much in terms of hairstyles, and hope to learn much more and get to know you all in time.

Razoor

New in Town
Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

I just registered few days ago and been lurking for a few days before that. This is a very wonderful site. I have also got the Fedora Bug too recently. I am going to get a Fedora for christmas. I love vintage era stuff. I been listening to Big Band for about 10 years now and I love it. I would like to start dressing vintage but need alittle help to get started.

Kaloki

New in Town
Hi, I used to be a member a while back, I went by the name of KitschGoth. Thought I'd come back to lurk for a bit. Had a lot of changes in my life since I was last here. Met someone special, got engaged, moved in together, and are now about to move to a bigger place to plan our wedding and also start a family.

Not all good news unfortunately, also done something to my back which has stopped me working. And at the grand old age of 25 I can now only stand for 10 mins max, and walking, bending and lifting are almost totally out of the question.

Unfortunately with all the changes I can't afford any new vintage stuff (yes, I'm aware that sounds weird), and also can't work a sewing machine except in very short bursts. So my style is mainly jeans and t-shirts, which I hate but struggle with anything more. So am back mainly to get advice on getting a bit of class and glamour back into my life.

Hope you are all well, and I hope to see some familiar faces.

Kaloki

New in Town
Hi, I used to be a member a while back, I went by the name of KitschGoth. Thought I'd come back to lurk for a bit. Had a lot of changes in my life since I was last here. Met someone special, got engaged, moved in together, and are now about to move to a bigger place to plan our wedding and also start a family.

Not all good news unfortunately, also done something to my back which has stopped me working. And at the grand old age of 25 I can now only stand for 10 mins max, and walking, bending and lifting are almost totally out of the question.

Unfortunately with all the changes I can't afford any new vintage stuff (yes, I'm aware that sounds weird), and also can't work a sewing machine except in very short bursts. So my style is mainly jeans and t-shirts, which I hate but struggle with anything more. So am back mainly to get advice on getting a bit of class and glamour back into my life.

Also, this is cross posted from the Observation Bar, as I remember that lot of ladies stuck to just the Powder Room. Let me know if it's not ok to do this.

the Milliner

New in Town
New to this...

Finding this site was a sweet surprise and I am so happy to be able to post.

The style and construction of Vintage hats and clothes so fascinate me that I became a milliner - I design and make women's hats (a Vintage profession if ever there was one!). And I work on authentic vintage hat blocks to produce new Vintage style hats for women.
You can see a little of what I can do at www.themillineryshop.etsy.com

Old movies feed my addiction to stare at and visually dissect every hat I see.
If you go to my shop on etsy, please convo me, I love to talk hats with everyone.

m_lamb99

New in Town
New Around town

I am new to the group but have had a long time interested in the fashion and lifestyle from the 1930's-1950's. Actually it all started with my interest in Victorian corsets and such and has progressed from there. My wife occassionally wears vintage girdles and stockings amoungst other things but we have not yet been able to find others in our area that can help us really get going with a complete style makeover.

Just this evening I met a very lovely lady in a local grocery store here in Westerville who to my surprise was all done up in vintage 1940's. Her hair and makeup was just unbelievable. I wish my wife would have been there to see her or I could have talked to her a little longer. She was the one who clued me into this site. I hope that sometime our paths may cross again.

In the meantime my wife and I would love to meet others in this area. She could use some help from those more experienced with hair, make-up and fashion. I personally could use help with everything. We are in central ohio if there is anyone out there.

Mike

ArtGirl

New in Town
Hello! I've been meaning to join for a long time but never got around to it. I'm a vintage fanatic since I was a pre-teen and I have an amazing vintage collection...My apartment is decorated in danish teak and midcentury furniture mixed with new, I have a small tiki collection going & a small vintage toy gun collection. I've sold & bought a lot on Ebay & recently moved over to Etsy.

I also pose for vintage pics and will get an avi up as soon as I size something down.

I came here for vintage camraderie and hairdo tips, and tipoffs to events in my vintage-deprived area (NYC---why?).

Anyway, nice to meet you ladies (& gents). I already know one of you----Jitterbug Doll.

~Katie

ArtGirl

New in Town
OK well, there's my avi, I will need to size it down to show more of my face, though. I lack a decent portrait shot. Also--not sure if I'm allowed to post my Etsy shop so until someone says it's ok I'll refrain.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
ArtGirl said:
OK well, there's my avi, I will need to size it down to show more of my face, though. I lack a decent portrait shot. Also--not sure if I'm allowed to post my Etsy shop so until someone says it's ok I'll refrain.

Welcome ArtGirl! There is actually a thread for Esty shop links somewhere around the powder room...

Marc-Ange Draco

New in Town
I have been lurking for a few days but thought i had better say hello to everyone.

This place has been a breath of fresh air to me, i had worried that ladies and gentlemen were consigned to history, i am glad i was wrong.

m_lamb99

New in Town
Well being new here I am finding myself just a little overwhelmed by all the information and messages. I hope that I soon will reach full access stataus and can begin to develope some friendships here.

I was wandering if someone might explain "Etsy" to me? As for being deprived I think ohio is pretty deprived.

I have been interested in vintage for quite a long while and unfortunately never realized that there were others until the internet came and opened my eyes. However I did start collecting Victorian corsets back in the late 80's and now have expanded that interest to include all things from the late 30's and 40's. My wife does wear many of the girdles, stockings, and corsets that I have bought her but we just have not found a way to complete the entire look. I would love to share some of our photos as soon as I m able.

Thank you to everyone and have a Merry Christmas.
Mike & Mona

jemjefferson

New in Town
I was wandering if someone might explain "Etsy" to me? As for being deprived I think ohio is pretty deprived.

etsy is this wonderful site that sells handmade and vintage goods. You dont need to fight for your items like ebay. The prices are fixed, and resonable in most cases.

Welcome, by the way. Glad you have joined us

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Kaloki said:

Also, this is cross posted from the Observation Bar, as I remember that lot of ladies stuck to just the Powder Room. Let me know if it's not ok to do this.

Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues- I hope they get better in time. Congrats on getting engaged and everything! I missed seeing your posts and I'm glad you're back :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails