Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lost Worlds Offering: Speed Demon

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Iv been sold a pup......my jackets havnt shrunk.....ps..the speed demon looks great..still prefer my belstaff Montana...made before belstaff went all girly and fashion conscious.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Could you put up some pix on a thread? I've been toying with the idea of a padded Columbia. What leather is yours made from?

Here's a pic of my goatskin Padded Pocket Columbia in goatskin to hold you over...

Going to have it exchanged for a straigt zip Cascade in heavy cowhide (with shoulder pads, western yoke, side straps, shirt style cuffs, 2 inside pockets and either 2 chest pockets or 2 handwarmer pockets). Like this but with a cossack collar and side straps:

HiroyaSekoMPNcustomer1.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
^^^Thanks!!! How do you like the goat, and why are you exchanging it instead of just adding the new jacket to your collection? I'm confident there must be room for one more hanger in your closet.....

mendelboaz

One Too Many
The goat is awesome, has a lovely grain and feels very smooth yet tough. I'm exchanging it because I find the PPC is a tad too much for everyday casual wear, and I'm slowly starting to outgrow it. I'm going on a big trip 'round the world in a year and since I'm also visiting the States I figured it would be awesome to stop by Langlitz Leathers to get measured for my exchange jacket, which will probably be my ultimate cafe racer jacket. I do really like my PPC and I have my doubts at times, but I'm fairly certain I want to exchange it for the Cascade. If I had a lot more $$$ and wasn't saving up for a big trip, I'd probably get the Cascade and keep the Columbia. It's a truly great jacket, the padding (also on the back), Sam Browne belt and shoulder strap truly make this a jacket unlike any other. I really dig how uniform-style the jacket is.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The goat is awesome, has a lovely grain and feels very smooth yet tough. I'm exchanging it because I find the PPC is a tad too much for everyday casual wear, and I'm slowly starting to outgrow it. I'm going on a big trip 'round the world in a year and since I'm also visiting the States I figured it would be awesome to stop by Langlitz Leathers to get measured for my exchange jacket, which will probably be my ultimate cafe racer jacket. I do really like my PPC and I have my doubts at times, but I'm fairly certain I want to exchange it for the Cascade. If I had a lot more $$$ and wasn't saving up for a big trip, I'd probably get the Cascade and keep the Columbia. It's a truly great jacket, the padding (also on the back), Sam Browne belt and shoulder strap truly make this a jacket unlike any other. I really dig how uniform-style the jacket is.

If you stop by the Bay Area, I'll buy you a beer. Wait, you're 18. Shhh.

Edward

Bartender

That Columbia looks pretty cool. The quilted padding reminds me of one of the variants on the Lightning that Lewis introduced around 78 or so. A lot of British bike jackets had that on the shoulders and elbows into the early eighties. I'd read about it having a Sam Browne, but could figure that out... I take it they don't actually add the diagonal strap on the jacket? The jacket looks great for daily wear, imo, though for casual use I'd probably not bother with the belt. Nice, though.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
That Columbia looks pretty cool. The quilted padding reminds me of one of the variants on the Lightning that Lewis introduced around 78 or so. A lot of British bike jackets had that on the shoulders and elbows into the early eighties. I'd read about it having a Sam Browne, but could figure that out... I take it they don't actually add the diagonal strap on the jacket? The jacket looks great for daily wear, imo, though for casual use I'd probably not bother with the belt. Nice, though.

Thank you, Edward! It is a very cool jacket but I think I'd like the Cascade a lot more. You can request the diagonal shoulder strap, it's attached to the Saw Browne belt. Without the belt the jacket does look more suitable for casual use. It still weighs a ton, though. Comes in at 9.9lbs with the Saw Browne, strap & padded back (they add a lot of weight). And we're talking 3oz goatskin here, in a small size. A size 46 with the same specs and heavy cowhide would weigh a ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points