New Lost Worlds Offering: Speed Demon

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by nick123, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ronbo

ronbo New in Town

Mine is goat skin as well.

2. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

3. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

A bit tight even for me, but a nice jacket.

4. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

I would've loved to sport one like that when I was a kid. Now, at 44, I finally got mine ;)

5. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

:p;)

6. abone2010

abone2010 New in Town

First time poster here:
    Been eyeing this jacket up, and am wondering if LW fit true to size. I am a 44" (45"expanded) chest, 34" length arms and 35" waist. I don't want to order a 46" and have it fit sloppy. For my last jacket, a Harley FXRG, I went with LG and it's just too tight around my arms and chest. It works but no layering is possible. I tried the XLG and it was too big.
    Any LW users here that can tell me if a 44" is a roomy 44" or on the small side?
    Thanks

7. davyjones007

davyjones007 One of the Regulars

Many Vanson biker jackets have split backs to them and they hold up just fine in low-side get offs. I have two LW jackets. One is a HH Russet A-2 and the other is a Dark Goat G-1. Both are fantastic jackets and would say they are both true to size. Both are 48 in US sizing.

8. thor

thor One Too Many

I have had several LW jackets and find they run true to size. If you're unsure, give Stu at LW a call or shoot him an e-mail. He is very knowledgeable in sizing and will answer all your questions.

9. Sheepdog149

I also have 2 LW jackets, including a russet brown "Speed Demon." Plus, I'm waiting on a third, a goatskin "Raider." All I can say is that Stuart is dead on balls accurate with sizing.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  10. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I just went back to your picture in the "Christmas Jackets" thread to peek again at your Speed Demon. Perfect fit. Just a bit of room, which is how I like it. Did you just give Stu your weight/chest size?

11. Sheepdog149

actually, I think it was more like height/weight and he figured it out... I'm a 47 snug -- but wanted a little extra room for layering, so he suggested getting a 48, which fits me perfect...

12. abone2010

abone2010 New in Town

I'm torn between the Speed Demon and the PJ27 (and the J23 sneaks in for a view now and again too). If the Speed Demon had a removable belt then I'd have my decision; once I lose ten lbs I won't have any excuse to delay my order.
    This will be a pure riding jacket for me.

13. sgt pepper

sgt pepper New in Town

Hi,

Been a member on here for a long time but only for admiring other peoples jackets etc but now I need your guy's help. I have several Aero jackets but I am about to order a LW Speed Demon. LW's has recommended a size 44... I have a Aero Cossack premiere in a 44 and it fits perfect so hoping to replicate the size with the LW one.

I was wandering if anyone has experience with this jacket? My Cossack has a shoulder measurement of approx. 19" and pit 2 pit of 23".

Thanks for any help!

14. Sheepdog149

I own 3 LWs jackets; 2 hh Speed Demons (brown/black) and a goatskin Raider, and Stewart's recommended sizing has always been dead on balls accurate. The jackets are of superb quality.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    seres and ButteMT61 like this.
  15. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Have one have had another. What he said ^^^

16. seres

seres A-List Customer

Exactly!

17. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

I don't know about you, but in my case "balls accurate" would result in an asymmetrical jacket . . . one sleeve would hang lower than the other. :eek:

El Marro and Sheepdog149 like this.
  18. Sheepdog149

[emoji16][emoji137]‍♂️

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

19. Big J

Big J Call Me a Cab

Stu is awesome at getting fits right. About 10 years ago he made me a custom size 50 G-1 and it was spot on before I lost weight.

20. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

I really liked this jacket though not really for me, I don't like the pocket on the front. That said it looks terrific until we see the back seam. This seam of course does not mean the quality is rubbish or even poor materials have been chosen, it's just that it does make a saving on production costs and in my own opinion a full back jacket just looks better.
    At one time I did like the 'Brando' look' but realised I preferred the British style Lancer jacket as I was a British motorcycle rider(Matchless G12 CSR lookalike). The American style looking better on American style motorcycles.