Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member, starting up a crazy JL 6oz leather jacket order

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
Once they started on the jacket making process, it will be very quick.

From the time Damon had me tried on the canvas jacket to when he finished my jacket was 4 days.

It was insane speed to my expectation. I left town 1 day too early so I had to wait two weeks to get the jacket in hand after shipping though.

steelbahamut

Familiar Face
Actually, theyre saying it should be ready to go sometime next week! Cant wait.

Edit: posted this before I saw the above post. Looking forward to being able to post pics and begin chronicling the break in process soon!

steelbahamut

Familiar Face
Just got the email from Damon. Jackets done! Looks awesome from the pics they sent me. They had to use snaps instead of buttons on the cuffs with the leather being so thicc, but I have no problem with that.

They were able to hit the dimensions we discussed spot-on, and weight wise the jacket comes to just shy of ten pounds. Good enough for me!

Im going to try to get it shipped via next day air, after this wait I dont mind paying a bit extra to have it tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
IMG_9317.jpeg
IMG_9318.jpeg
IMG_9319.jpeg
IMG_9320.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Just got the email from Damon. Jackets done! Looks awesome from the pics they sent me. They had to use snaps instead of buttons on the cuffs with the leather being so thicc, but I have no problem with that.

They were able to hit the dimensions we discussed spot-on, and weight wise the jacket comes to just shy of ten pounds. Good enough for me!

Im going to try to get it shipped via next day air, after this wait I dont mind paying a bit extra to have it tomorrow or Friday at the latest. View attachment 597417 View attachment 597418 View attachment 597419 View attachment 597420
Wow.

da1337

New in Town

Im going to try to get it shipped via next day air, after this wait I dont mind paying a bit extra to have it tomorrow or Friday at the latest. View attachment 597417 View attachment 597418 View attachment 597419 View attachment 597420
That is indeed one thicc hide, you can tell just looking at that fold on the collar.

Also, holy hell that is some beautiful leather... curious to see the fit pics.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Just saw this jacket on Instagram and came here to see it. Haha. Congrats! That roll on that collar says it all.

It’s a full time job just breaking it in, totally worth it! Some conditioning helps to soften some of those fibers.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks good. I've already seen them on Insta.
But for the life of me I can't imagine how you can wear them in everyday life. You'd probably have sore muscles afterwards. lol

I was very sore from the blue Shinki from Field. Super stiff stuff that didn’t seem to soften even with break in. Oddly, though getting it very wet didn’t do much, a few days of very light rain seemed to make it more pliable.

This must be a whole new dimension on top of that.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

This is gonna be a fun one to watch!
Kill or be killed i’d say.
B

red devil

I was very sore from the blue Shinki from Field. Super stiff stuff that didn’t seem to soften even with break in. Oddly, though getting it very wet didn’t do much, a few days of very light rain seemed to make it more pliable.

This must be a whole new dimension on top of that.

I don't think so, the field patterns are terrible, I would take this super heavy jacket made by JL over a field in soft leather any time of the day.

I think it will be much more wearable than people expect.

MTS

Familiar Face
I don't think so, the field patterns are terrible, I would take this super heavy jacket made by JL over a field in soft leather any time of the day.

I think it will be much more wearable than people expect.

Yeah, people always talk about how amazing the JL patterns are, so maybe the break in won't be so bad.

My break-in with my horse CXL Aero was pretty tough...hopefully OP's break in won't be too insane!

The jacket looks amazing though

steelbahamut

Familiar Face
And it arrived! Grabbed some pics and threw it on right away. Its incredible. The quality is evident throughout. Measurements IMO are perfect. The first couple days will be the hardest I think but it is in no way unwearable. Ive committed to not taking it off today and tomorrow.
IMG_9336.jpeg
IMG_9337.jpeg
IMG_9351.jpeg
IMG_9330.jpeg
IMG_9331.jpeg
IMG_9332.jpeg
IMG_9333.jpeg
IMG_9334.jpeg
IMG_9335.jpeg

Last edited:

red devil

And it arrived! Grabbed some pics and threw it on right away. Its incredible. The quality is evident throughout. Measurements IMO are perfect. The first couple days will be the hardest I think but it is in no way unwearable. Ive committed to not taking it off today and tomorrow.
View attachment 597638 View attachment 597639 View attachment 597640 View attachment 597641 View attachment 597642 View attachment 597643 View attachment 597644 View attachment 597645 View attachment 597646

Damn that looks good! Congrats! :D

Just make it your daily wearer and it will soften up. It just needs body heat and movement to soften up. Just use it as a normal jacket, that's what it was made for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner