Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Member to FL ... hi all! + Vanson House Jacket (Model B)

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Great Vanson Model B!!! At the shop that I work at on weekends, the Model B is our second best selling cafe' racer, second only to the elongated Vanson Comet jackets, which are simply too tough to beat (people pick them over all brands and styles...Buco, Bates, Aero, Brimaco, Lewis Leathers, etc.!).

As far as the banter about if one should try to distress their jacket or not, it's tricky. In the shop, I see both types of people. I see that some folks want a jacket from the 1960s, such as a Bates Competition jacket, that is very, very, very expensive just to have that beat up, worn in look! Yet, others want the cleanest hides possible, they want to make the jacket theirs, they want every mark and crease to come from their wearing of the jacket. I'm definitely the latter, but I definitely know a lot of the former.

Interestingly enough, it seems as if the bikers want to break the jackets in themselves and the people who just like the jackets want pre-worn, broken in leathers...Anyway, I think either is just fine...but it might come down to what you're buying the jacket for....just some thoughts....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy