Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Orleans' Brooks Brothers

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
Was in New Orleans last weekend and I am pleased to report that their downtown Brooks Brothers store has finally reopened. The whole area where the store is located (Canal Place) had been badly damaged and some stores have still not reopened there.

The new BB is fresh and clean and more stocked than I ever remember it being with loads of Spring/Summer merchandise. The staff was friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely glad to see customers. I've noticed from the BB catalogs that their merchandise generally seems to have taken a turn back toward a classic look. They went through a rocky period there for a while and I had just about sworn off of them. I was pleased to see BB making a recovery and particularly the New Orleans store.

Sadly, though, there are very few customers patronizing many of the shops. Most shop owners we talked to were quite glum. There are still so few people and tourism is naturally way off. And now, I'm not sure how things will turn out after yesterday's election. Time will tell I suppose.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Without getting TOO political, I do believe that with Ray Nagin as mayor, New Orleans will be a more business friendly place, and if that's so, then eventually, things will pick up if businessmen and women feel they can make money here.

Of course they need employees and customers, as well, it's a tricky thing to say the least and a vicious circle if not.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
B B in New Orleans

Was there mid April on assignment for the Heritage Festval.

Looked around B B in between a lot of great music.

RedPop4 you got a great city there, wish i would have relized your location

before.

Its funny...wearing my "Savoy" from Art and a black silk blazer, black jeans

and Stacy Adams lace up boots...i was taken for a local and asked

directions at every turn.

Perhaps a local in the future...the City has soul.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
OFF TOPIC NEW ORLEANS IMAGES

MFfinalNEWORLEANS1.jpg

MFfinalNEWORLEANS6.jpg

MFfinalNEWORLEANS4.jpg

WEEGEE

Practically Family
GREAT SERVICE

Yes, I did attend the service...though i was there to photograph a second line parade with Wynton Marsalis prior to the performance of Congo Square
at Armstrong Park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner