Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Pike Bros N-1 Deck Jacket

Sorry, not the best pics, but I think they show the fit/color well. Also tossed in one of the Ventura after almost a year of wear. Will take more pics of that in the light as it's hard to see the character of the hide in pics.
Also, the jeans are the new GUSTIN Okayama's in the straight cut. Love these jeans! Luckily they stretch as I put on 10lbs this fall. :eusa_doh:

I have to say that I recommend the Pike Bros jacket for sure. Very comfortable, nice weight, and warm.

ScreenShot2013-12-22at33124PM.png

ScreenShot2013-12-22at32841PM.png

ScreenShot2013-12-22at33011PM.png

ScreenShot2013-12-22at32928PM.png

ScreenShot2013-12-22at32717PM.png

ScreenShot2013-12-22at32900PM.png

ScreenShot2013-12-22at32758PM.png

ScreenShot2013-12-22at32430PM.png

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket, perfect fit and ideal for the Californian winter evenings (such as they are!). Have you made your mind up about the stencil? Great to see the Ventura an airing btw! Picking my Okayamas first thing tomorrow, so it's good to see that they look as good as you said - mind you it's 21oz weather over here just now. Nice job on the staining btw:D

Great looking jacket, perfect fit and ideal for the Californian climate. Have you made your mind up about the stencil? Great to see the Ventura an airing btw! Picking my Okayamas first thing tomorrow, so it's good to see that they look as good as you said - mind you it's 21oz weather over here just now.

Thanks! I'm still torn on the stencil. All the N-1's I saw that got me interested in them had it, so I'm leaning towards "yes". I'll give it a couple more weeks of wear and see if I can make up my mind. Welcome everyone's 2¢ on that topic.
It's a perfect jacket for a place like CALI where it's not too cold normally. However, if I lived somewhere with real winters, I'd just get one a size larger to bundle underneath. As it is, I wear a 48 jacket, and this is the new XL. Perfect with a single shirt or T-shirt. More than that and I'd need the XXL.

thor

Call Me a Cab
Very cool jacket Scott. I just bought a Buzz Rickson N-1 in a size XXL (I'm usually a 46 Long) which gives me room to layer (as this is my winter jacket, it's roomy enough for a thick sweater or fleece). Mine has the USN stencil which I like (I'm in the US Navy Reserve so the stencil is a real plus for me).
If you add the USN stencil you can probably apply it lightly so it's a bit faded and vintage looking. Either way, nice N-1. Wear it in good health, friend.

Cheers Thor! Any pics of your BR?
I've been watching the vids on painting on the stencil and I'll do it lightly as you suggest to mimic fading.
Would love more info on your Buzz. And pics too :)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Really nice!

Do you mind measuring the bottom hem with the jacket zipped and laid flat for me?
I was thinking of ordering one myself but i am afraid the stomach area will be to baggy.
The pit to pit measurement us huge compared to the rest, so if it doesn't seriously taper it will look like a bag on me!

Last edited:
Really nice!

Do you mind measuring the bottom hem with the jacket zipped and laid flat for me?
I was thinking of ordering one myself but i am afraid the stomach area will be to baggy.

It's 26" pit to pit.
It's 24" across 1/2 way down the pockets.
It's 23.25" at the hem. Remember, it has a draw cord at the hem.
Fit is nice. Not baggy.

The rear shot is unzipped, fwiw.

thor

Call Me a Cab
image.jpg

Here's a pic of my new Buzz N-1 (Dec. evening in NYC, 30 degrees but I was snug as a bug).

My N-1 is a size XXL and measures 26" across the chest (zipped), just for comparison.

thor

Call Me a Cab
image.jpg and one more view of the BR N-1. It's got the gray alpaca wool lining. No inside pockets (as per WWII originals) which is the only drawback, IMHO.

Looks great! I like the grey lining. FWIW, mine has an inside pocket (left breast). No zip or snap on it. Interesting they added that. Thanks for posting up. I like the stencil a lot.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Butte, it has got to be great to be you! New Pike Bros Deck Jacket, Gustin Okayama's, and GW Ventura. :D I just returned home last night, having been gone for three weeks on a HAL cruise to Hawaii. My Gustin Okayama's with slim cut was shipped while I was gone. Although I had a "Hold Mail" alert with my US post office, the tracking number shows that the package was "Out for Delivery" and then "Delivered" but hope that the package is at my local post office tomorrow when I drop by to pick up my mail.

wdw

One Too Many
Very nice looking jacket(s). The N-1 is a good complement to any leather wardrobe and this one is a great fit on you. I like the colour a lot and it goes well with your jeans.

I had a fondle of an N-1 and was surprised how heavy and solid it seemed, but in a good way.

Welcome back Richard! Hope you enjoyed your cruise !
I just realized that I forgot to shoot the French Deck Jacket I got too. Sleeves a tad short but it's a great jacket too.
You're going to love the Okayama denim. Great jeans.

pauleway

Practically Family
Really nice jacket. I do like the dark brown alpaca lining yours has. I have the BR/N-1 like Thors, and I do like it a lot. The sizes of the Pike Bros and the BR must differ a lot. Mine is an XL also, (fits perfect) and I normally wear a size 42 jacket, and am 5'7"/165Lbs, so the BR and Pike Bros. must run quite a bit different in the sizing. Nice Christmas gift for yourself, enjoy!

xmr

One of the Regulars
Very nice! They have a waxed one as well, I like that a lot. I bought their ANJ4 lately and I love it, so no N1 for me :-/ My wife'd kill me

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It's 26" pit to pit.
It's 24" across 1/2 way down the pockets.
It's 23.25" at the hem. Remember, it has a draw cord at the hem.
Fit is nice. Not baggy.

The rear shot is unzipped, fwiw.

Thanks,

It's weird, according to their website the XL should have 28" pit to pit and the L 26"...

I wonder what is going on there... I wish i could try one on!

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello,
Nice jacket, if it is the same lining as the B 10, it must be warm.
Be careful to the sizing of PK goods , i have a PT SWEATER in size S and it fit like a M, idem for the B 10, an XS sizing would be useful...
However, these are good products, well made and cheaper than others with this vintage 40-50's vibe.
Cheers,
F68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo