Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Resitols!!!!!!

Duck

Practically Family
Thin ribbon madness struck!!!!!!!!!!! I know I may be crazy for buying two, but the price was right and the hats were brand new, never worn!!!! Justification is they are a different shade of silver belly!!!!!!! ;) Both are a very nice light gray. They were both listed as 7 1/8, but when they arrived one is a 7. No problem, I had it stretched and I put a diamond bash on it. It fit like a charm now. I really like the felt on these hats, it is very soft. No steam needed to undo the cattleman bash and rebash. I don't know how old they are, but one box has a price tag from a feed & seed store for $15.95. When did Resistol use the black and gray boxes?
Resistols.jpg

Resistol5.jpg

Resistol4.jpg

Risistol3.jpg

Risistol2.jpg

vonwotan

Practically Family
Very nice! I've been looking at some of the thin ribbons out there but have yet to take the leap. I have only one that was used primarily while guiding upland game hunts - a Borsalino Lido.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Nice pair Duck

Are they San Antonio's? I have a pair as well, one silverbelly 7X and one more of a cream color. I can not say enough good about them. Those boxes are late 50's and into the 60's I believe.

Duck

Practically Family
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Bud, They are San Antonios. That was what I was thinking on the boxes as well.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Twins, huh?

Wow, those are some ritzy hats. I'm starting to become more and more interested in thin ribbons. :D

Stoney

Practically Family
Jeez Duck,

Those are awesome. It's like the doublemint twins lookin at ya.
It must be nice to have two that are nearly identical. That way you won't tend to baby them as much.

PS. Whereabouts are you in Arkansas. My Dad lives down in Conway, as well as most of the other Stones.

playitagainsam

New in Town
Fantastic looking hats. I really like the way the edge matches the ribbon. If you don't mind me asking where did you happen on these beauties? I'm trying to pick up ideas of where to look around Nashville for vintage stuff.

Thanks

Duck

Practically Family
playitagainsam said:
Fantastic looking hats. I really like the way the edge matches the ribbon. If you don't mind me asking where did you happen on these beauties? I'm trying to pick up ideas of where to look around Nashville for vintage stuff.

Thanks
The evil, dreaded, ebay. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183