Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New stamp will honor Jimmy Stewart

New stamp will honor Jimmy Stewart

NDIANA, Pa. - A stamp honoring Jimmy Stewart will be released Friday by the U.S. Postal Service at ceremonies in Indiana, Pa., and Hollywood, Calif.

The photo on the stamp is based on a portrait of Stewart as he appeared in a publicity photo for 1949's "The Stratton Story."

Stewart, who died in 1997, starred in more than 80 movies including "It's a Wonderful Life," "Rear Window" and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." He won an Oscar in 1941 for "The Philadelphia Story."

The Pennsylvania ceremony will be held at the Jimmy Stewart Museum in Indiana, the actor's hometown. The other will be held at Universal Studios in Hollywood.

capt.7fc7744514c94b79b566c5ef0a2f6ae3.people_jimmy_stewart_stamp_wx105.jpg

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Great looking portrait they've chosen.....Check out that Collar Pin!!!

If anyone deserves a commemorative stamp, Mr. Stewart sure does!!!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
How exciting!

I know this isn't realistic, but the next issue of Classic Style should go out with Jimmy Stewart stamps instead of metered postage :)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
How exciting!

I know this isn't realistic, but the next issue of Classic Style should go out with Jimmy Stewart stamps instead of metered postage :)

Great idea! Spend 10 or 15 times the normal cost of book rate bulk mailing! :eusa_doh:

But seriously, let's not bankrupt MK! We get far too much from him for the money he gets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy