Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Star Trek

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
A friend of mine sent me a link to a photo of the 'new' Enterprise. It's hard to tell what's going on, there seems to be to much of a curve at the front of the nacells, and something odd going on on the saucer. The typography of the name and registry looks right, though. To be perfectly nerdy, this obviously isn't Pike's Enterprise, the bridge dome is way to small.

http://videoeta.com/news.html?id=2431&rss=1

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Just saw a trailer. I have to say, it was nice to hear Nimoy reciting "Space, the final frontier..." (not sure if it's from ST:II or new), and hear Courage's theme.

Jovan

Suspended
You mean from Star Trek II. ;)

Yes, it's certainly not Pike's -- you can tell that already with the nacelle caps. (Maybe it's not being constructed, but rather refitted to Kirk-era?) Honestly, I like the look. From what I'm seeing they did exactly what I hoped... kept the original shape and added some close up detail. Looks promising.

saturnoir

New in Town
I wanted to dislike this Star Trek prequel so much...any re-imaging of the original series is usually bad news. But this looks just great. Gene Roddenberry once said that the star of Star Trek is the ship. It's easy for fans to forget that and see William Shatner as the star. I'm really happy with the image of the Enterprise under construction. Just beautiful.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I still think I'm going to utterly hate this film, but I must admit that the image of the the Big E being refit looks outstanding.

(And I think it's a refit vs. original construction because the main timeframe of the film doesn't sound like it's going to be early in the Captain Pike era [you know, "18 years ago" at the time of The Menagerie.] I seem to recall that the old Okuda timeline indicated that the Enterprise was refit sometime during during Pike's command, or maybe shortly before Kirk took command.)

Jovan

Suspended
Doctor Strange said:
I still think I'm going to utterly hate this film, but I must admit that the image of the the Big E being refit looks outstanding.

(And I think it's a refit vs. original construction because the main timeframe of the film doesn't sound like it's going to be early in the Captain Pike era [you know, "18 years ago" at the time of The Menagerie.] I seem to recall that the old Okuda timeline indicated that the Enterprise was refit sometime during during Pike's command, or maybe shortly before Kirk took command.)
Oh? They were still using the same old ship model in WNMHGB, so I would think it would be sometime after. It would certainly go along with Starfleet's new issue of phasers and uniforms, like in the movies. Naturally, they could be revising it so that the spinning nacelles and smaller bridge were there all along, which wouldn't bother me that much.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Of course, to throw a wrench in the works...

In the Next Generation movie First Contact, Cochranes warp vessel Phoenix pretty much had the same nacelle's as TOS.

How on earth are they gonna explain that one! shakeshead

Can anyone over there at Paramount spell c o n t i n u i t y (let alone pronounce it!) :rage:

Doh!

One Too Many
I saw the teaser tonight in front of Cloverfield and it wasn't bad. It wasn't spelled out, but I think we were supposed to interpret the footage as the Enterprise being constructed for the first time.

Clips of Spock and Kirk would have been much more satisfying, of course.

Jovan

Suspended
Only a few of you cats will even get this...

oreons.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
WOW! carebear, that was just naughty. Bad boy! lol

I created that poster myself, if anyone's wondering. Just watched through all of The Animated Series, and despite some inconsistencies with pronunciation and whatnot, it's a mighty fine show. Same values and morals as the original series, and same great storytelling. Kudos to the producers for knowing that Saturday morning is not just for kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner