Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Star Trek

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
There was a new trailer on the Sarah Conner Chronicles a few minutes ago. At least I never saw it before, and it's not on the official website.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I am also very, very excited. Obviously, it's different, but it's just feeling like the *spirit* of TOS is strong in the new film. I actually quite like the new Enterprise design - it has an undeniably modern yet quasi Jet Age swoopy sensibility that I love. And it looks and feels like a real thing - like it could do everything it's supposed to. The whole thing just seems to be exuding the big epic space adventure feeling that has been completely absent since the franchise started to be driven into the ground by the likes of Voyager and Enterprise (and really, to some degree, TNG - as much as I did like the show it never had the same sense of fun and adventure that TOS-based Trek had; much more antiseptic and sterilized, though again I did enjoy most of TNG). By upending things and radically shaking it up by bringing in Abrams and his team, Trek seems to have gained back the attitude that I so loved about TOS.

It looks to be the epic that Star Trek has always deserved but never quite received. I'm really looking forward to getting some fresh energy and life back in Star Trek.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking forward to seeing the new props...specifically the Phasers.

This sprog is jsut too cute.
3042296666_0aa703277f.jpg

the ship doesnt look bad
3042628134_622d5a5ba6.jpg

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
The trailer: Ok, I've tried to keep an open mind about this. But the trailer really isn't all that exciting for me. Don't get me wrong, I'll still likely see the movie. But when I watch the trailer, I end up thinking Broken Bow, the pilot from Enterprise, instead of TOS. Anyone else see this as well? Also, it seems to me that if someone had never seen an episode of Trek before had watched this trailer, it might seem a bit confusing.

Just my two cents.

Regards, NH.

Ken"Hollywood"

New in Town
Sorry to hear that, I love Star Trek. Ever since I was small I have watched it. I own all the movies. When I was young, my mom took me to the Department store to see Kirk and Spock :D I cant wait for this movie, its been a long time comming.

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
Lone_Ranger, here is a link to answer some of your questoins.

One has to wonder how the economy is going to affect things like toy sales.

NH

RIOT

Practically Family
If you haven't already read the Wikipedia entry for this film, go check it out. It is quite detailed, and even explains the black shirt Kirk is wearing. Apparently there will be time traveling.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
pullover's & black undershirts

The two part uniform tunic seems interesting within the trek universe.
In the old series, McCoy wore a two part shortsleeve shirt for work in SickBay.
In some of the Medical scenes, the various crew wear black Tshirts under their uniforms. Always black T's
But in other scenes, you could see SHatner was wearing a wifebeater underneath the uniform, but he's always T-shirtless when his uniform gets ripped in a fight.

And whyis Uhura's new uniform short sleeve? Dont they know gals are always cold!

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Where do you think this will lead? I mean, even before seeing the film, do you think this a direction that Star Trek will pursue maybe even with another TV series.
Purely speculative but what are your initial thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot