Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Stetson Racine

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Has anyone purchased or has seen in the flesh one of the new Stetson Racines? The crown appears taller and more square than a Strat. Stetson lists it at 5.5" but I suspect it's taller. I currently have on order an Excellent Strat. from Jeff at DelMonicos and a Grand Central from Sterling. Would be interested in the Racine if indeed it is taller. Sterling is offering 10% . Thanks in advance.

I think the appearance of a taller crown may an optical "delusion," due to a less radiussed, more squared-off top. The crown height specifications are 5.5" (Racine) vs. the 6" on the Strat. That's my guess.

tommyK

One Too Many
I don't think anyone has a Racine yet so it's hard to say with certainty. The measurements in the catalog aren't always correct. Both my Premiere Stratoliners were taller than 5 1/2 but just under 6.
_DSC0976_zps8b819208.jpg
(it's hard to see but it's just over 5 3/4)

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I think the appearance of a taller crown may an optical "delusion," due to a less radiussed, more squared-off top. The crown height specifications are 5.5" (Racine) vs. the 6" on the Strat. That's my guess.

Thanks, I just might take a gamble and order it. I do like tall square crowns as a rule, 5.5" is fine, if it turns out to be taller it will be a plus. If and when I do decide to order I'll post the particulars once I receive it although it will probably be more than a month to receive from time of order.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I don't think anyone has a Racine yet so it's hard to say with certainty. The measurements in the catalog aren't always correct. Both my Premiere Stratoliners were taller than 5 1/2 but just under 6.
View attachment 26093
(it's hard to see but it's just over 5 3/4)

Same with mine. That's what led me to believe that the Rcacine might be taller than 5.5" . I'm definitely temped. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW