Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Stetson Whippet

Griff

New in Town
Got my new Whippet from Bencraft yesterday and have to say it's a pretty nice lid. Stetson is right on with there sizing for me. I had ordered 7 3/8 hat from another store (their chart showed 23in to be 7 3/8) but it was too large. Sent it back. Ordered a Tesi from Bencraft in 7 1/4 and it was too small. Stetson shows 23in to be 7 1/4. Well, I sent the Tesi back and ordered the Stetson Whippet in a 7 1/4 and it fits perfect. It feels good and looks good. I really like the tawney color.
I have read on this site some of you guys mentioning Stetson quality not being what it use to. I'm not familiar with older makes and models but I guess I would have to say little things on the hat could have been better. The leather sweat band is not aligned straight to the back. Nor is the seam for the binding on the edge. It had a few loose threads and one of the nylon knots holding the wide ribbon band on the front of the hat pulled off. Also one of the stitchs going around the binding on top is broken so it looks as if it's missing one stitch. It's in the back of the hat so not noticeable - I just hope it doesn't start to unravel some day.
Little things and not enough to hassle with sending it back. As I said it feels good and my bride-to-be says I look hot in it. Love wearing it and am looking forward to getting some more fedoras.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart