Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW W&G M-422a repro

HPA Rep

Vendor
The photos show something very nice, no doubt about it. And the collar fur could pass as Eastman's, if reality matches the photos. Good luck, Thor!!!

thor

One Too Many
Here are some quick fit pics taken at work on a cold, blustery afternoon (wearing a medium weight sweater over a shirt). The sunlight really brings out a truer color of the russet goat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 949
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 714

thor

One Too Many
The jacket has a slightly longer body than my G-1 jackets (as per WWII M-422a's) and is super comfortable to wear (I've been wearing it for 8 hours at a time while at work).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 541

HPA Rep

Vendor
Here are some quick fit pics taken at work on a cold, blustery afternoon (wearing a medium weight sweater over a shirt). The sunlight really brings out a truer color of the russet goat.

I don't know which I like better, the jacket or your cap. The cap is very Commander McHale, which I mean in a very good way - I always thought his cap looked superbly salty.

thor

One Too Many
^Thanks Charles! It's a Merchant Marine officer crusher cap with WWII badge, chinstrap and brass side buttons (all beautifully weathered with verdigris and patina). The other captains at my job wear the ubiquitous baseball-style cap while I opted for a more traditional look.

* I totally agree re CDR McHale's cap; very salty indeed!

Deacon211

One Too Many
^Thanks Charles! It's a Merchant Marine officer crusher cap with WWII badge, chinstrap and brass side buttons (all beautifully weathered with verdigris and patina). The other captains at my job wear the ubiquitous baseball-style cap while I opted for a more traditional look.

Yeah, I dig the cap. Even the ball caps today don't look as good as the old felt sized caps...too polyester, Stuckey's truck stop.

No offense to truckers of course, though I liked your old style caps better as well. ;)

c55988127ddd3cb2e59d3966249a34bd.jpg
29474e71531e96381729e2ce06d4863e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I dig the cap. Even the ball caps today don't look as good as the old felt sized caps...too polyester, Stuckey's truck stop.

No offense to truckers of course, though I liked your old style caps better as well. ;)

c55988127ddd3cb2e59d3966249a34bd.jpg
29474e71531e96381729e2ce06d4863e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the cab over Chevy more than the hat!

Thor, you now have the hat & jacket, all that's left to complete the package is MacAurthur's pipe! I would go to sea with a Captain outfitted like that!

w126c

New in Town
Thor,
I got a J-7823(Aer), J-7823A and J-7823C, which I'm happy with. Now seeing your M-422a fit pictures, I have to add this one to the collection. Just outstanding, well done sir.

HPA Rep

Vendor

Well, you're a traditional guy, so you have a leg up on those other skippers. Let's see a cap closeup if you get a chance; it sounds fab!

thor

One Too Many
Wearing just the new jacket (without that sweater underneath) shows the fit much better. Love the drape and the overall dimensions were exactly what I intended when placing the custom order.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 539

thor

One Too Many
I've got the wingspan of an albatross so finding a good, comfortable fit is always a challenge. Steve nailed the measurements I gave him and produced a really great jacket that fits me just the way I like. The jacket is soft and super grainy and the pebbled goatskin hide is really popping with character, even after wearing it a short time.
I love this slightly longer (body and sleeves) m-422a since it doesn't ride up at all as I sit at the helm and pilot the ship and find myself reaching up to adjust the radar or stretching to my right or left to talk on the marine VHF radios or just lunge to grab my coffee cup :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 459

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21