Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Years Eve

JimWagner

Practically Family
I swear there was a thread about this last year, but I can't find it....

What are your plans for New Years Eve?

Big party? Stay at home and watch the ball drop? Something else?

Stay at home and watch the ball drop. Avoid the drunk drivers.

Sam Diamond

Familiar Face
Probably stay home to avoid the drunk drivers, although our wedding anniversary is Jan 2nd. Last year we walked downtown (we don't live too far away) had dinner and drinks and walked home. We might do that again, it's fun. The wife will be in bed by 9 or 10 (she gets up at 4 in the morning for some ungodly reason), I will have a night cap and be snoring in the captain's chair in front of the TV by 11:30 (watching the kofy creepy horror movie).

amador

A-List Customer
Watch the ball, maybe. Packing for sure. New Job starting on 02JAN12 in Tacoma, WA. Gotta drive over the Cascades or along the Colombia depending on the weather. Hello 12hr days.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What are your plans for New Years Eve?

Big party? Stay at home and watch the ball drop? Something else?

My friends and I always do the same thing:
1. we swear that THIS time, we're not doing anything that'll make us look (the way we look in the morning after)
2. we decide that we ARE NOT going out
3. stay at home, watch the TV.. yet observe the clock
4. GRAB the phone (manically, if I may add)
5. make a "way over last minute" plans
6. get ready in speed of light
7. go to a place that has a free entrance
8. find a way to get free drinks (this is the "look bad" part)
9. PARTY like.. well, like it's the last night of our lives (or at least of our passing youth)
and 10. pretend it was ALL planned to the detail (minus the accidental one night stand one or more of of picked up)

So, this year I'm staying home... :lie:

WHO AM I KIDDING?!
I'll just repeat the steps 1 to 10 all over.. :party:

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Do not know yet. It is the first year that I have not had to work on New Years Eve in a while. Probably go out for dinner and then go home and avoid the drunks.

Kirk H.

pgoat

One Too Many
I haven't been here in like, forever. Just pulled out a new hat to wear to a Xmas party the other night, and thought of my friends at FL.

No plans yet for NY Eve, but hope to be stylin and enjoying a few drinks with some good friends. Hope everyone is well and having a nice Holiday so far - all the best for 2012.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yes welcome back sir.

I loathe NYE with a passion, all the pubs and bars charge to get in round here, which irks me. I may well do as i did last year and stay at home with the small boy and have a nice supper and a few cocktails. I have been invited to a party by some dear friends, who only live up the road, so i may like Straycat, get the urge (possibly when the coctails have kicked in), to put on my dancing shoes and run up the road clutching a bottle at some point! (Small boy will be running behind me, i won't be leaving him at home, i thought i had better make that clear, they are bring your dogs, cats and kids kinda people).

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
As I said, I'm going to be going to the Salon at the CopaCabana in Manhattan on New Year's Eve Eve, which should be a great bash.
For many years I avoided NYE just because it always seemed so Bacchanalian in comparison to the sort of reverand tone of Christmas. Never liked to kill that feeling. But for several years I was seeing a lady who was a cellist, and played in the New York Gilbert and Sullivan Players orchestra. They have an annual NYE Gala at Symphony Space in New York, which is always much fun. Sadly she passed away last year.
So this year it's the salon for NYE Eve, and then I'll being taking the train up to Rhinebeck NY to see my new sweety and we'll be going to a small party there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran