Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Year's Kiss?

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Ok so I finally decided to go to the Rhythmic Arts Festival in San Diego. I won't be there for all four days but I will be there for New Year's Eve.
It got me thinking....
Who do I kiss?
Which leads me to ask people; who do YOU kiss? Do you take this kiss very personal, only kissing a select person? Or do you blanket your friends and loved ones? Would you kiss someone you don't normally want to kiss?
Discuss!
;)

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Done it once. Made it a big production. Dinner, movie, dancing, chocolates, champagne. Laid it on her right at the stroke of midnight. Relationship took off from there.

...pick her out beforehand and make sure it's worth something. Random person? Egh. You don't know where they've been or what you're getting into.

On the lips: Only if I've known you for a long time and have romantic designs on you.

On the cheek: If you're female and mostly only family members upon greeting / farewell.

Guys get handshakes and hugs(very close friends only) unless they're Russian or Italian...and those don't make contact.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
If you do not have someone to kiss, but you happen to meet a girl that night and you happen to hit it off, be sure to stand by her at midnignt. Just like mistletoe. an easy excuse. And you will know soon enough how she feels back.

Remember one lovely New Year's Eve dance at 365 Bimbos in SF. Met a lovely girl from LA. Spent some time chatting dancing and walking. Lovely kiss at Midnight. Very romantic. We kept in touch, but not much came of it.

One cool thing was she used to write great letters. I used to get one and keep it in my pocket all day, savoring it until late that evening when I would finally open it. What ever happened to that romantic guy I used to be?

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
Muah!

Im naturally affectionate so on New Years i'm kissing cheeks left and right. Usually on New Years people are buzzing so much from alcohol, that natural envasion of personal space if out of the window so kissing strangers on the cheek isnt that big of a deal. Of course im a girl so men tend to not run away when i offer kisses on the cheeks ;)

$ally

One Too Many
I make dang sure I'm already cuddling beaufriend du jour at countdown. I don't want some random guy to grab me and go for the gusto.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
A lot of people kiss the Porcelain God, but that's usually on New Year's Day. :D

They always say that at midnight you should be doing something you'd like to be doing for the rest of the year. This year I'll be in Paris, in a frock suit from 1906, with a lady in full Edwardian vintage on my arm. List covered.

T.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Alas, I will have to kiss the dogs... only it will be at around 8:00, and I will hit the sack. I have a 4-hour round trip drive and a football game to go to on the 1st.

Starius

Practically Family
That whole new years kiss thing is only something I've seen in the movies.

Traditionally, I just watch Late Night with Conan O'Brien as thats the only show on tv that does a countdown for the Midwest. Sadly, his new years countdowns in recent years haven't been as good as earlier ones.

Or perhaps its more sad that my new years event is just me and Conan O'Brien.

Well.... phooey on you and your holiday kissing!

DominusTecum

Familiar Face
Wow, it must be a Coast custom or something -I've never heard of kissing at the stroke of the New Year here in the midwest --but maybe that's because I rarely watch the countdown on television, who knows?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
M Tatterscratch said:
They always say that at midnight you should be doing something you'd like to be doing for the rest of the year.

"They" do, do "they". I am so sick of "them" No wonder my years always suck. :rage: Well, then I need to make darn tootn I need to be doing something freakn fun, and possibly arrest worthy lol

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Which leads me to ask people; who do YOU kiss? Do you take this kiss very personal, only kissing a select person?

Whoever I happen to have in the basement pit at the time. ;)

"It kisses the carebear or it gets the hose again..."

Jovan

Suspended
It has happened with me, both with someone I was sort of involved with and someone I only met that night. I'm being more careful from now on... both didn't turn out to be very good people for me.

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
dakotanorth said:
Ok so I finally decided to go to the Rhythmic Arts Festival in San Diego. I won't be there for all four days but I will be there for New Year's Eve.
It got me thinking....
Who do I kiss?
Which leads me to ask people; who do YOU kiss? Do you take this kiss very personal, only kissing a select person? Or do you blanket your friends and loved ones? Would you kiss someone you don't normally want to kiss?
Discuss!
;)

I'll be RAF , I'll kiss you...hahahaha Just Kidding!

nyx

One of the Regulars
This New Year's I'm visiting my dad and stepmom, so I guess I'll be kissing the baby. Oh well, he's the cutest guy I've ever seen, so I'm ok with it lol

I remember once I went to a rockabilly show in Indy for New Year's and kissed a handsome complete stranger who was standing by the bathrooms, because it was New Year's at midnight and I wanted a kiss. After it was over, I started to walk away, and he said, "Wait...you mean that's it?" And I said, "Yup. Thanks for the kiss." I never saw him again. It's one of my best New Year's memories...:)

Mark from Plano

One of the Regulars
New Years Eve is also my wedding anniversary (18th this year)...so that should give you your answer.

This year the plan is to be somewhere on the decks of the Celebrity Constellation (likely dressed in black tie) with Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas about 7 hours in our wake making headway toward Bridgetown, Barbados.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran